Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ke$ha's "Influences" via her MySpace

Default Ke$ha's "Influences" via her MySpace

If you're like me, you occasionally put on the radio while driving or check out the Billboard Hot 100 to see what's being shoved onto the poor youth of today. There's this LA-type Lady Gaga rip off that's number one who calls herself "Ke$ha", so I checked out her MySpace and her "influences" are too funny! It's like a marketing team just threw in every single decent indie alternative band on it in hopes oblivious trendy kids will buy into it.

Influences: MIA, Beck, Rolling Stones, Devo, Flock of Seagulls, kraftwork, Daniel Johnson, talking Heads, David Bowie, Donovan, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Janet and Sir Michael Jackson, Avenue A, The Go! Team, Mika, Sonic Youth, Elton John, Willlie Nelson, Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Beastie Boys, Eagles of Death Metal, Black Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Daft Punk, Electric 6, Teenager, Tonite Only, Prince,Mirwais, Afrika Bambaata, Peaches, Rock&Roll, Richard X, Cornelius, ESG,6ths, ackron family, al green, andrew bird, anthrax, aphex twin, aphid ant constructions, arcade fire, archers of loaf, ataxia, badfinger, the bang up, beck, belle &; sebastian, ben lee, beulah, big star, black flag, the blow, boards of canada, bob dylan, brian eno, brian wilson, bright eyes, built to spill, butthole surfers, the cardigans, the carpenters, casiotone for the painfully alone, the clash, the clutters, daft punk, the damned, the dandy warhols, david bowie, the dead milkmen, devandra banhart, donovan, dresden dolls, the eels, elvis costello, eric's trip, the fall, the features, fischerspooner, frank black, frank sinatra, franz ferdinand, futurheads, gary glitter, generation x, ghostface killah, gogol bordello, gorillaz, guided by voices, her space holiday, how i became the bomb, human television, iggy pop, islands, jackson 5, jawbreaker, jenny lewis, jim o'rourke, joan jett, joe jack talcum, john frusciante, johnny thunders, the killers, kimya dawson, the kinks, kraftwerk, LCD soundsystem, le tigre, the lemonheads, leonard cohen, little ones, lou barlow, love, the lovely feathers, marshal crenshaw, matisyahu, matmos, miles davis, minor threat, modest mouse, mos def, mott the hoople, the mountain goats, moving units, my darling YOU!, neil diamond, neil young, neko case, neutral milk hotel, neva dinova, nico, of montreal, oh no! oh my!, optiganally yours, ornamental wigwam, otis redding, the pastels, peaches, pere ubu, peter bjorn and john, pink spiders, pixies, pj harvey, postal service, public enemy, pulp, queen, r.e.m., r.l. burnside, radiohead, the raincoats, rancid, the rapture, the rascals, ratatat, the ravonettes, regina spektor, replacements, roky erickson, rolling stones, ryan adams, screeching weasel, the shins, the small faces, the smiths, smoking popes, sparklehorse, spinto band, squarepusher, stellastarr*, stiff little fingers, the stranglers, the streets, the streets, the strokes, surfjan stevens, the sundays, sun ra, t rex, ted leo and the pharmacists, television, tilly and the wall, they might be giants, tom jones, tracy + the plastics, troubled hubble, tv on the radio, U2, the unicorns, the vaselines, the velvet underground, the ventures, verde, violent femmes, the walkmen, wilco, wire, X, yeah yeah yeahs, yo la tengo, the zebras, the zombies

Default Re: Ke$ha's "Influences" via her MySpace

First off, she put Bowie on there twice, and secondly, this list would've made more sense if she just put "pussy" because that's why she's #1. Whoever 'got some' must be blind though because there's something irrevocably repulsive about this human being...or is she even that?

Repulsive is the best way to sum this girl up. Just look at her MySpace filled with vulgarities like a 11 year old using the f-word and "shit" for the first time feeling badass:

http://www.myspace.com/kesha

I also read an article where she said she had an older brother who got her into bands like Fugazi and Dinosaur Jr. When will people learn that "influences" and "bands you listen to" are two entirely different things?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Thanks GPS. Now I will do this:

Just keep it away from Coachella and i'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie Cupcakes View Post
    There's this LA-type Lady Gaga rip off that's number one who calls herself "Ke$ha"
    How exactly is she a "Lady Gaga rip off"? If she sounds like anyone, it's Uffie.

And GPS posted deliberately posted a bad picture...

Last edited by BlackSwan; 01-03-2010 at 02:36 PM.

I was going to catch her set at Lollapalooza to pretty much just stare at her, don't remember why I missed it now.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I think she's pretty hot and she sounds nothing like Lady Gaga. She does sound a LOT like Uffie though
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I have a hard time believing this bitch has ever heard of Wire, Televison, kraftWERK, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    How exactly is she a "Lady Gaga rip off"? If she sounds like anyone, it's Uffie.
    I don't mean her voice sounds like Lady Gaga, but her music does with that trendy generic synth pop. I've never heard of Uffie or what her music is like, though, so I can't compare!

everybody's kraftworking for the weekend
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I don't care for this woman. She's like a poor mans Uffie...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

i like her freckles
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie Cupcakes View Post
    I don't mean her voice sounds like Lady Gaga, but her music does with that trendy generic synth pop. I've never heard of Uffie or what her music is like, though, so I can't compare!
    pop music has been sounding like that since the late '70s.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I would fuck the shit out of her, every single day, twice on sundays...

Shes got hot freckles
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

The music is quite horrifying but I would murder that vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Uffie>>>Ke$ha>>Lady GaGa>Lily Allen

in terms of hotness of course
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Sometime in 2008 I went to my friends' show at the Unknown Theater in Hollywood which usually puts on small art plays but allows teenagers and amateur bands to book it afterwards for small concerts.

The show had been booked by my friend Spencer and nearly all the performers were friends of mine either from my high school or from nearby LA high schools. The audience was extremely small, less than 100, and was comprised almost entirely of friends of the bands.

After the first band was done, my friend Spencer, who was MCing the show, went on stage and said "OK everybody, please welcome to the stage Kesha!" And before I got the chance to ask myself "Who the fuck is Kesha?" She took the stage in her stupid torn stockings and loose fitting american apparel t-shirt and began yelling at everyone over a generic synth-pop beat and commanding them to get up and start dancing. I listened to about 1 minute of her talking about vodka and her pussy before I couldn't take it anymore and left the room to go stand outside.

As I stepped out of the theater onto the suddenly crowded sidewalk I realized that nearly every single person who had been inside watching the previous band had been totally put off by Kesha and left immediately to get some fresh air, including Spencer who had introduced her only moments ago. I went up and asked him who this girl was and why he had been insane enough to book her. He said that he really did not want to book her but that a friend of his had forced him to do so. As soon as she finished her set, everyone filed back into the theater and the show was able to continue uninterrupted by such awfulness.

So you can imagine my surprise and horror when a few months later I hear about Flo Rida's "Right Round (feat. Ke$ha)", and then her performance at Lollapalooza, and then hearing Tik Tok and Boots and Boys and all her other shit productions at parties and on the radio.

Of all the young and talented musicians I saw at the Unknown Theater that night, Ke$ha would be the last one I would have predicted would go on to any sort of mainstream fame or success. But isn't that how it always works out?

Oh well...

Just stay off my polo fields.
    Last edited by esy191; 01-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.

That story saddens me Esy.

Hey Matt, post some more pictures of this whorebag before I tell your wife what you do on your spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

the fact that I have mutual friends with ke$ha on facebook is both frightening and awesome...anyways:

"It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

I heard her for the first time on the radio the other day. When it first came on my imediate thought was "What is Uffie doing on the radio?"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I heard her for the first time on the radio the other day. When it first came on my imediate thought was "What is Uffie doing on the radio?"
    o shit maybe i know who this ke$ha is now,because i was thinking the same thing like couple days ago.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Hey Matt, post some more pictures of this whorebag before I tell your wife what you do on your spare time.
    The reason I know about her is because my wife likes that Tik Tok song, but it would appear Greg is much more suited to the task.

Greg post more of the pictures from her facebook.

Hey Esy191 my friends in the band Elemeopy have had a longstanding residency at the unknown Thetare for the last two years and I have been there many, many times. That place is fucking awesome!

And i also thought that it was Uffie the first time I heard Tik Tok too. i was really surprised.

I think I was even more surprised later when i found out somebody would go out of their way to sound exactly like uffie
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think I was even more surprised later when i found out somebody would go out of their way to sound exactly like uffie
    Talk about aiming low.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

ke$ha makes me love uffie even more

bleh. this really is the worst song i've heard in years.

=

Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

We all know her real influences,