Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yeasayer!

Default Re: Yeasayer!

So just got back from the Yeasyaer show at the NHM. It was fantastic. First Fridays are pretty fantastic themselves. I was just walking around the whole museum drinking beer. It was weird. I felt like I was in a foriegn country.

Anyhoo. Yeasayer played for about two hours or so, maybe a little less. Played a alot of their new album, which sounded great live. They were really into it. The live energy was awesome. These guys are gonna bring a great set to the Mojave or whatever, but I can not imagine only seeing 45 minutes of these guys. They played a lot of really great songs from their first album as well. Not to mention the setting and room they were playing in was the icing on the cake. I only hope skipping them at Coachella will alleviate a Conflict.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    So just got back from the Yeasyaer show at the NHM. It was fantastic. First Fridays are pretty fantastic themselves. I was just walking around the whole museum drinking beer. It was weird. I felt like I was in a foriegn country.

Anyhoo. Yeasayer played for about two hours or so, maybe a little less. Played a alot of their new album, which sounded great live. They were really into it. The live energy was awesome. These guys are gonna bring a great set to the Mojave or whatever, but I can not imagine only seeing 45 minutes of these guys. They played a lot of really great songs from their first album as well. Not to mention the setting and room they were playing in was the icing on the cake. I only hope skipping them at Coachella will alleviate a Conflict.
    I read in Rolling Stone that Yeasayer hired on someone to design custom-built light columns and giant illuminated balloons for their upcoming tour.

Anything like that yet?
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Oh... and because i love u all, if u havnt obtained a copy yet, head over to Daytrotter. Thier session is amazing!!!!!!!
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    I read in Rolling Stone that Yeasayer hired on someone to design custom-built light columns and giant illuminated balloons for their upcoming tour.

Anything like that yet?
    nope. nothing like that...yet
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

they were filiming the show with multiple cameras, however

Ok. so......... everyone better have this bridge memorized come April!

"Yeah Yeah we can all grab at the chance and be handsome farmers,
    Yeah you can have twenty one sons and be blood when they marry my daughters,
    And the pain that we left at the station will stay in a jar behind us.
    We can pickle the pain into blue ribbon winners at county contests."

old school

^ YES.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    Yes, it is happening. Yes, we need a thread about it.

I play them at work all the time and I really like them but was worried about what they would be like live and now I am really stoked to see them!
    If you don't like me, you can kiss my whole asshole

Friday:The Avett Bros, Yeasayer, La Roux, The Whitest Boy Alive, Passion Pit, Vampire Weekend, She & Him, Deadmau5, Jay-Z

Saturday: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, the XX, Dirty Projectors, Major Lazor, MGMT, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Muse, 2ManyDjs

Sunday: Local Natives, Deerhunter, Miike Snow, Phoenix, Julian Casablancas, Infected Mushroom, Spoon, Sly & The Family Stone, Gorillaz

New song from Yeasayer here: http://soundcloud.com/weallwantsome1/yeasayer-henrietta

Good chance they'll be on the lineup in 2013.

Here are some tour dates as well:
    6/19 Richmond, VA @ The National

6/20 Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel

6/21 Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theatre

6/22 Nashville, TN @ The Cannery Ballroom

6/23 Louisville, KY @ Headliners Music Hall

6/24 Cincinnati, OH @ 20th Century Theatre

8/03 Montreal, Quebec @ Osheaga Festival
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

YES. Loved that song on their tour last year, sounds like they've re-worked it pretty significantly, I actually think I like the live version better, but this may grow on me. I would love to see them in 2013.

Never mind, only took three times to grow on me, let's do this. Mojave, at night this time.

Hec Yer,

This would be off the hook in 2013