Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official..."I can't wait for all the teeny tiny names on the lineup thread!"

Default The Official..."I can't wait for all the teeny tiny names on the lineup thread!"

For me this is what Coachella is all about!
    Those little, itty bitty names that you seek out and blow your mind cuz they are so incredibly GREAT! DAMN I can't wait!!!
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Default Re: The Official..."I can't wait for all the teeny tiny names on the lineup thread!"

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Default Re: The Official..."I can't wait for all the teeny tiny names on the lineup thread!"

Simmer down, slappy. The smaller names are serious business. It's how I was introduced to the likes of: Battles, White Lies, Friendly Fires, Man Man, Simian Mobile Disco, Holy Fuck and Buraka Som Sistema to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by benhur View Post
    obviously wrong, at least one other person does...as far as liking me, meh...its a message board.

"The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

I share your enthusiasm. And I would like to add Bird & the Bee, Midnight Juggernauts, and Ida Maria to Jeff's list.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Ida Maria was so awesome!
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Notable names to be on the bottom two lines of a day's lineup: MGMT, Grizzly Bear, Justice, Amy Winehouse, the Killers

I was thrilled to find Los Campesinos! on last year's lineup. This year, the tiny name I'll be looking for is the Pains of Being Pure at Heart.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    Notable names to be on the bottom two lines of a day's lineup: MGMT, Grizzly Bear, Justice, Amy Winehouse, the Killers
    What does this even mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    What does this even mean?
    these were once the tiniest of names, now you won't be able to miss them on any festival lineup.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

i'm only here for the opening band

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    enough of this thread

Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

I was thrilled to find Los Campesinos! on last year's lineup. This year, the tiny name I'll be looking for is the Pains of Being Pure at Heart.
    YES!

Boring.

Four Tet, Swayzak, Boom Bip, M83, the Perceptionists...all great little names back in 05.

Quote Originally Posted by paulthomasanderson View Post
    Boring.
    For me, their is far from boring. At first, their music may come off as simplistic but it grows on you and their entire album is catchy and fun.

pains of being pure at heart weren't very enjoyable to watch live. they need a couple more years of touring. they have similar stage presence to Black Kids
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

The festival circuit is a great way to breakthrough . . . or prove to be a fluke.

Boring at Pitchfork this year.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Late of the Pier was one of the tiniest names in 09 but also one of the best sets, which unfortunately a lot of people did not see.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Late of the Pier was one of the tiniest names in 09 but also one of the best sets, which unfortunately a lot of people did not see.
    I was quite disappointed when I discovered them after Coachella.

I would also have to say that the Kills were pretty awesome too. For one of the more tiny names.

This. One of my favorite sets of the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

As I recall, LotP overlapped MBV a bit, which sorta explains it.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    pains of being pure at heart weren't very enjoyable to watch live. they need a couple more years of touring. they have similar stage presence to Black Kids
    Doesn't suprise me... I'd assume they're a live band that requires a good amount of crowd participation.

I'm glad that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

my worst conflict of the weekend right there

My sister apparently knows a couple people in the band (TPBPH). I'll have to see if she has any info.
    see you in '12

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Would the Pains really be on the bottom line? I thought they were sorta hypey this year.

The Octopus Project for me, popped my cherry and I still listen to them 4 or 5 years after I first listened to them. Still the best opening band I've seen in the 4 years I've gone.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Boring at Pitchfork this year.
    I heard the same from a friend. Their live performances are simply dull, and maybe that's wrong to just go by the one gig I've seen them at, but as enjoyable as their songs are on record, it's a whole different world on stage with a crowd to please, and that show made my pure heart feel nothing but pain from the immense boredom.