Thread: Should I just show up?

Default Should I just show up?

Hi people.

I was planning to go to Coachella this year. Last year was my first time going, and last year I bought my tickets online in mid-March no problem. So I didn't think it would sell out.

Call me a procrastinator, but I have been in Southeast Asia since January. I didn't bring my credit card, so I couldn't get the tickets when they went on sale. I was planning to buy them when I get back to the States in early March, but that isn't going to work.

In another thread somewhere, someone said that there are always people trying to sell tickets at the last minute because of friends not being able to make it and such. Do you think that will be the case this year? I know last year I saw plenty of people selling tickets in the parking lot, but I don't think last year sold out.

Should I just bring a large amount of cash with me and show up in the parking lot early each morning? Or do you think that all the people who end up not being able to go will just ebay their tickets?

Related question: do you think ebay prices will go up or down between now and the event? Thank you.

vinylmartyr

Default Re: Should I just show up?

Just show up.

I am no expert at all and I have tickets, but my friend doesn't and now he wants to go. So far, I have purchased him a ticket for Sunday on craigslist and a Friday one on Ticketmaster, so I am looking for a Saturday ticket at a decent price (since I paid A LOT for Sunday). Anywho.... I'm thinking of trying to just get him one there, day of... if not then he can lounge in my hotel room while I'm jammin! Hey, at least I tried

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Keep your eye open on this board for a Saturday ticket as well. You should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I am no expert at all and I have tickets, but my friend doesn't and now he wants to go. So far, I have purchased him a ticket for Sunday on craigslist and a Friday one on Ticketmaster, so I am looking for a Saturday ticket at a decent price (since I paid A LOT for Sunday). Anywho.... I'm thinking of trying to just get him one there, day of... if not then he can lounge in my hotel room while I'm jammin! Hey, at least I tried
    Yeah, I've been looking at craigslist. The scalpers there are pretty shameless in some regions. They want $300 for a Sunday ticket. Hell if I'm paying that much.

Have any of you guys bought tickets at the site on the day of before? Any tips for someone trying to do it for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Keep your eye open on this board for a Saturday ticket as well. You should be ok.
    hehe yah, I'm at work with this ticket forum open and reloading every few minutes for that right place/right time buy. I trust people on here 10x's more than on craigslist, and ebay is too expensive. I've come across TOO many people on craigslist unwilling to take paypal... western union or money order only. HAH....sure...

Will there be tickets in the parking lot for saturday?

Yes.

Will ebay prices go down?

Yes. But not until the week of the event.

my buddy got in 05 for like forty bucks and a pack of cigarettes...

yeah just do it!
    as predicted by nostradamus

You are all full of great info! A lot of this seems it should be common sense, I know I have gone to a lot of "sold out" parties and managed to find tickets for friends and such in the parking lot. There are always people whose friends bail or whatever. Hope everyone who wants in makes it!