Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who thinks RATM will NOT be a one-off??

Lurker

Default who thinks RATM will NOT be a one-off??

audioslave is done....who actually still thinks this show is going to be a one-off? i personally believe that RAGE will announce that this will be a full reunion during the show at coachella, and probably start a tour shortly after...which would kind of suck bc im spending a shit load of money to travel from florida to see them instead of seeing them locally..but i dont know if i should take a chance and sell my tix bc i would kill myself if it ends up being a one-off!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: who thinks RATM will NOT be a one-off??

I'm hoping it's a one off but i'm fairly certain they will tour this summer and probably play lollapalooza with Nine Inch Nails.

I'd hate to sound like a total bitch, but I kinda hope this is a one-off.

Travelling from Sweden (that's more than 5000 miles for you who skipped geography class) too see this. Well, there are a lot of good bands on the lineup, but RATM is what takes it from "woah, that's a good lineup" to "woah, I really have to get there".

So, if this is NOT a one-off, it'll feel a little bit like I'm spending a lot of money going to "just" a great festival.

Agreed. I'm comming from across the country to see them. If they tour this summer i will be hella dissapointed that i spent all my money to see them when i could have waited. But they will rock either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuei View Post
    I'd hate to sound like a total bitch, but I kinda hope this is a one-off.

Travelling from Sweden (that's more than 5000 miles for you who skipped geography class) too see this. Well, there are a lot of good bands on the lineup, but RATM is what takes it from "woah, that's a good lineup" to "woah, I really have to get there".

So, if this is NOT a one-off, it'll feel a little bit like I'm spending a lot of money going to "just" a great festival.
    i'll laugh if they play Roskilde. ha ha ha...

but that would be cool, because I'm travelling 5000 miles to go to roskilde (well, not JUST for roskilde, but it's a stop).

...I really hope it's a one-off as well....in a weird way I think it would be a lot more respectable to come out and play one special finale (of sorts). I think the pixies and jane's addiction ran their reunions into the ground....and with reunion-mania going on in general, I think rage could set an interesting standard.

...that said....I'm seriously starting to have doubts. tom, brad, and tim seemed to have been willing to let some music execs form a new band for them....so I'm sure they're all fine with it. zack (as always) is the wild card.

anyhow, I hope they play the one-off and zack uses it as a springboard to finally release his solo material.

It's going to be hilarious when they announce a tour and all of their fans are out 1000+ bux.

Quote Originally Posted by spud3000 View Post
    If they tour this summer i will be hella dissapointed that i spent all my money to see them when i could have waited.
    i'm disappointed that you use the word "hella".

I will be pretty pissed too. Was going to hit the euro scene this year but i just have to go see rage.
    I can only assume that even if they do tour, it will be to try and drum up support before the election, and that has nothing to do with a sydney show. So either way, America it is for seeing rage!

Regardless of whether they tour or not, there are many other bands that probably won't and I want to see them too. Faithless, Crowded House, JAMC etc ....

what about if we all just keep in mind that its the first, last and only show they will ever do again while theyre playing. even if we know or think its not
    i bet thats gonna make the experience much better
    as predicted by nostradamus

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I think it will be a one off..If not then oh well, we win anyway right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Okay here's the deal people!

They have no strong reason to tour after Coachella because:

A) No new album, no reason to tour.
    B) They would have to record a new album first.
    C) It would take a really good cause for them to play again.
    D) All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by fuct_bum View Post
    Okay here's the deal people!

They have no strong reason to tour after Coachella because:

A) No new album, no reason to tour.
    B) They would have to record a new album first.
    C) It would take a really good cause for them to play again.
    D) All of the above.
    Pixies never made a new album...just sayin.

they'll tour. i don't doubt it in the least.

hope its not a one-off, but im not about to take the chance and not see them at coachella....

Who cares, you were there when they got back together - that's memorable enough.

Especially with an famously angry and passionate band like Rage - who will probably play with a crazy intensity like we'll never see out of them again.

Not to mention the insane rants that will no doubt color our evening. They've got 7 years of Bush, Neo-Cons and 9/11 to talk about.

Assuming they do in fact play and not punk out and cause a huge riot. (Still memorable though)

With Audioslave being CONFIRMED over & done with, my opinion is that this will NOT be just a "one off" for Rage.

I think it would just be too hard to resist for the guys NOT to reform...at least temporarily, for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    Pixies never made a new album...just sayin.
    Pixies are actually in the studio as we speak/write, dropping a new album.

http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/24809

tom is touring with the nightwatchmen. they are playing bonaroo and doing other shows...they may tour but after tom is done with his shit.

Yeah I don't really know what they are obligated to beside Toms cd in April. I think they'll announce a tour soon after coach. But I too think it'd be amazing if this was a one time thing. Even if it's not, there's still only ONE reunion show.

Well, I guess to avoid any conflict with Tom's band, they could have the Nightwatchman open on a RATM tour. Logically, they'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I don't think so. The interviews I've seen indicated this was more of a one off thing.

Lurker

i dont know...he never said that they will not be doing anything else together...and "the world needs songs of rebellion and revolution right now" doesnt really sound like he only wants to play one show or not make any new music...i hope they eventually record new material...and after seeing how crazy the crowd is gona be during coachella i dont know how they will not do a full reunion...once tom, tim, and brad see that crowd going wild they're gona say..."wow, was any audioslave show like this?" i dont think so....even cris cornell was saying in the mtv article that he is excited about rage getting back..comon!!!!!

i beg, that they join up again, but i am coming from Denmark yoo see em!! so it will suck if they come to roskilde in the next years

Coachella Junkie

They won't need a new album to tour. Alot of their fans got into them after they broke up, and never got the chance to see them live. I'd just about garuntee that if they were to tour right now, nearly every show would be sold out.

A new album would be nice though.

But in all honesty, I think that it will depend on how this show goes down and the band members feel afterwards. We'll know by then.

as someone put it above "there is only one reunion show" there may well be other shows after it and i hope there is but i'm comin from edinburgh to see the first one (and all the other class bands on the line up) worth every penny in my book!!! i'm ready for a party in the desert are you lot?
    BRING IT ON!!!

Lurker

i just have a gut feeling that its not just gona be one show...seriously what are tom brad and tim gona do after coachella since theres no more audioslave...and i dont think toms album is gona be such a big distraction that cd isnt even going to go gold...i think they're smart enough to know that not everyone is lucky enough to have the money to travel to california to see them...as long as they are doing it for the right reasons im all for it!!!!

THEY'RE COMING BABY!!!! RAAAAAAAAGE

Quote Originally Posted by miamiheat View Post
    audioslave is done....who actually still thinks this show is going to be a one-off? i personally believe that RAGE will announce that this will be a full reunion during the show at coachella, and probably start a tour shortly after...which would kind of suck bc im spending a shit load of money to travel from florida to see them instead of seeing them locally..but i dont know if i should take a chance and sell my tix bc i would kill myself if it ends up being a one-off!
    I agree with your dilemma, however there is a possibility there is only going to be one show, as for the future of rage no one knows. So keep your ticket is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post
    ..... Assuming they do in fact play and not punk out and cause a huge riot. (Still memorable though)
    That would (almost) be funny.