Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFF U UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!

Default EFF U UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!

So on Black Friday, I purchased about $150 worth of clothing from Forever 21 for the kid. I received notification that it was being sent FedEx. I checked the tracking number a couple of days later and the status said "commissioned to the USPS for delivery". The next day, there was an orange parcel post card on my door to come down to the post office to pick up my package.

I live in the sticks, and our shitty post office is only open from 9-5; being that I work 25 miles away, it's hard for me to get there at 5 to pick stuff up, so I usually have to wait till Saturday to get down there. Of course, that next Saturday was the weekend we were going to San Diego to see Cold Cave, so I didn't make it. I ended up getting off work a little early the following Wednesday so I got to the post office before it closed. Not only did I have my package to pick up, I had a package of Rick's to pick up.

I hand the weasel behind the counter both cards; Rick's package from Amazon.com is there, but after about 10 minutes of looking, he comes back to announce that my package isn't there. He looks it up on the computer and tells me that the package had already been picked up a couple of days before. I explained the impossibility of this, so he advised me to go home and look around and make sure someone in the house didn't pick it up (impossible, but whatever).

I get home and call them and speak with a supervisor and tell him that my package has obviously been stolen or given away mistakenly, and he states that they check ID's when packages are picked up. I told him that I had just been down there, had picked up a package that wasn't even addressed to me, and no one checked my ID. He said he would call me back.

No call back

I call the main USPS number and file a claim. I'm advised I'll be contacted within 2 business days.

No call back.

I call the local post office again. They state they are waiting for my carrier to come back from sick leave to see if he remembers anything. They will call me back that day.

No call back.

I call Forever 21 and they advise me the package is insured; I fill out an insurance claim form, fax and email it.

No call back.

I call the main USPS line again; they tell me that they did an investigation. This investigation consisted of contacting my local shitty post office and asking what happened; they state that they check all ID's when packages are being picked up, so I'm lying basically. She tells me my only recourse is to keep bugging my local post office or to pursue it with the company's insurance policy.

I call the insurance company and leave a message.

No call back.

WTF?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: EFF U UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!

Oh man. I walked right by the Forever 21 store in downtown San Francisco after midnight on Black Friday. I could have bought your stuff and lost it in the mail myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

That is shitty. The postal service is a mess this time of the year. Hopefully shit works out. I would be furious if I was in your shoes.

Coachella Junkie

well, with the way technology is developing, soon you'll be able to email clothes and christmas presents to each other.

That sucks. I hate it when they do the USPS thing. If I choose FedEx, I want FedEx to deliver the package! USPS "lost" my package when this happened to me, but in my case it was obvious from the "status" of the shipment entered by USPS, so the company just sent another shipment, 2-day, signature required, and I got that.

I guess you can do a charge-back on your credit card if all else fails?

lowfront

I have basically all my christmas gifts coming in the mail....and they better fucking get here soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    That sucks. I hate it when they do the USPS thing. If I choose FedEx, I want FedEx to deliver the package! USPS "lost" my package when this happened to me, but in my case it was obvious from the "status" of the shipment entered by USPS, so the company just sent another shipment, 2-day, signature required, and I got that.

I guess you can do a charge-back on your credit card if all else fails?
    That's a good idea.

I just called the insurance company again and I got someone on the phone; they informed me that I need to send the claim through Forever 21, not them directly. Now no one at Forever 21 will answer.

Fucking christ. If I can't get it resolved this week, I'm going to resort to my credit card company.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If it means anything, I saw a story a few months ago about a package that was delivered over 30 years late. But it got there. Just don't move.

But on a for serious not....That's fucking bullshit. I've had shit like that happen with delivery confirmation and signatures. they don't give a fuck about who gets it, they just deliver. Confirmation means absolutely nothing except that. there is no way to race anything. And as for filing a claim on insurance you purchased....don't expect anything for up to 3 months. Sorry about this BS.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

how do you know tom hanks isn't garding it with his life while stranded on an island?

that fucking sucks. i hope the kid understands
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    how do you know tom hanks isn't garding it with his life while stranded on an island?

I actually reordered it, minus a couple of items they didn't have anymore. Now I'm just trying to get my money back.

old school

Fedex outsources work to the USPS??

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post

"Wilson!!! Wilson!!!" God, one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Fedex outsources work to the USPS??
    Yeah, I had no idea either. I wish they had just delivered it themselves.

They showed on the news afew days ago that there seems to be a trend these days where Fed Ex and UPS packages that are dropped off at the door, are getting stolen off people's doorsteps by people who go following the trucks around in order to do that. I thought we had a problem similar and started to wonder...Fortunately we found our packages, but unfortunately, it's Pete's ex that got them due to that being his alternative address for his P.O.Box. Funny part is she even went so far as to open the package addressed to him and wrap the gifts when she wrapped hers!

The only actual gifts we needed to get this year and still...Xmas shopping gift drama...WTF???
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I agree, fuck the USPS. I'm still waiting for some records to show up 2 1/2 years later...

I ordered a computer monitor from Newegg and it was delivered via UPS, fairly quickly I might add. But my wife and I weren't home when it was delivered. So they just left the box near our front door out in the wide open. Now, I wouldn't have a problem if they shipped it in a plain box, but it was shipped in the Viewsonic box with a huge picture on the front of the monitor. Someone could have just walked by and taken off with it easily. Guess we got lucky.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

We have a brick partition on our front porch...luckily most delivery drivers put packages behind it so they aren't visible from the street.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I've had packages delivered just inside the gate from our back patio. That was actually perfect.

I just saw something on the news recently about "porch poachers" going around and stealing packages....bunch of scumbags out there.

Has anyone had an interview with the USPS? Work there or have worked there?

you should PM Abe Lincoln and see if he's still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

haa I forgot about this.

Best thing is that I got the original shipment after I reordered everything (somehow the post office "found" it), and got the new order, AND I got the refund.

Thank you. PMing Lincoln now.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    haa I forgot about this.

Best thing is that I got the original shipment after I reordered everything (somehow the post office "found" it), and got the new order, AND I got the refund.
    So you got a refund for the original shipment, and still got to keep the original shipment? Did Forever21 give you the refund for it being lost in the mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I was cool and sent the check and the second order back. Bad karma and all. They all came within a few days of each other too (the check came after Xmas, which was weird).

I <3 USPS
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I <3 USPS
    I don't know if I'd say I love USPS, but I do support them. Also, I am biased because I have a parental unit who has been working for them for a majority of my lifetime.

Also, most people do the dumbest things at the post office, specifically in line at the post office (not having a package ready to go, not having any idea how the post office works, etc.).
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Im gonna say I <3 usps and I hope they return the love.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Im gonna say I <3 usps and I hope they return the love.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Yadda? lol
    You wanna fook on me?!