so this is the thread where we get excited for christmas & the holidays!!! MP's request in the default thread for christmas tree pictures made me want a whole thread devoted to the holidays.
i want to hear about what you're giving, what you get, the food, your crazy family, pictures of your christmas trees, your mantles, your exterior lighting and your lovely fireside family pictures. mocking of the christmas spirit is also welcome
we're doing dinner at my place for the first time ever. it's going to be cornish hens & we're going shopping this weekend. i'm nervous cause i've never cooked a big piece of meat for the holidays =/
this year, i'm giving pretty cheap since i'm broke:
- dad - emergency roadside kit with all sorts of fun gadgets for him to play with & a funny "how to do shit" book
- mom - owl nightlight from brighton collectibles, a silver bee pin from the same store and gingerbread man bath bubbles. i also got her a small mirror & notebook that's cute.
- brother that's coming to town - the onion's "our stupid world" atlas. it's hilarious so far.
- my girlfriends - a star wars stormtrooper lego watch, urban decay eyeshadow kit, a magic mushrooms book filled with mushroom art and a calligraphy set.
- co-workers - m&m candy holders that are also battery operated fans. for the secret santa exchange, i got my soon to be new boss & got him a sonic gift card. i got my boss some samples of various margarita flavourings.
- randy's mom - hallmark 2009 ornament that looks like a gingerbread house & an arizona cactus type ornament
- randy - it's a surprise
and here is my tree (which i already posted in the default thread):
happy holidays everyone