Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE STONES

old school

Default Re: THE STONES

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    it was actually a pretty impressive stage.. the sides all lit up, and was very similar to the stage U2 is using now, just not in the round.. pyro and fireworks and lasers and the whole bit..

the actual 'stage' that they perform on actually moves out about 50 or more yards through the middle of the crowd, while the band performs above their heads and come right up to the crowd in the riser seats..

but of course, a new stage is what is being discussed, and would be different, but i said awhile ago that it was the most impressive and large-scale stage setup i've ever seen, by far..

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It's a pretty cool stage, I don't get the purpose of the parking garages on each side of the stage though.
    those levels that are filled with thousands of fans..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Goddammit, no. No no no no no no no. I'd rather have fucking Pearl Jam than the Stones.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Dude....why cant get these guys just stop playing? I understand they are rock legends, and i love some of their albums but. Please Mcjagger just stop, for the love of god man with all the money you have just go buy an island and stay there. But for me would you please stay away from Coachella so another dope band can take the headlining spot?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Goddammit, no. No no no no no no no. I'd rather have fucking Pearl Jam than the Stones.
    eh, i have about the same amount of desire to see either..

but i will tell you, i wasn't a Stones fan when i saw them, but they put on a helluva show (i thought the U2 one sucked)

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by marleybooger View Post
    Dude....why cant get these guys just stop playing? I understand they are rock legends, and i love some of their albums but. Please Mcjagger just stop, for the love of god man with all the money you have just go buy an island and stay there. But for me would you please stay away from Coachella so another dope band can take the headlining spot?
    Why do you want them to stop? You are just begging the band to stop playing over and over as if they are reading this and you never say why but you do say you like some of their albums and that they are legends. I find it odd.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Well from how I read it, it's based on the idea that some band (some say Muse? some say the stones, some say U2) are playing, and they require a giant stage....so they're gonna build and use this giant stage where the "Coachella Stage" usually is, and move the "Coachella Stage" over to the outdoor theatre (thus eliminating the outdoor theatre)...and the new Giant stage would take over as the "main stage" throughout the weekend. And the Coachella Stage would then remain in place at the new spot during Stagecoach as the "Mane Stage" (thus either eliminating the BBQ area, or moving the BBQ area to where the new Giant stage over coachella weekend once was). I don't buy any of it though...I think it's BS.
    It's not B.S. The plans are in the works.

This "stage shift" really won't affect Coachella, but it is likely to affect the Stagecoach party people. Their Mane Stage will be in the corner where the Outdoor Stage is usually located for Coachella. One example: the VIP Area will be quite a walk to the Mane Stage.

On the last tour, when the Stones arrived in a major city, they played in 3 different sized venues; a stadium, an arena, and a theatre. They were much more flexible than U2, for example.

I think the shift is for Muse. And why would Coachella make the shift for one band? Because their live stage show looks damn impressive, and because they probably reduced their compensation if Goldenvoice would allow them to use "their stage". Of course, this is all speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    The whole thing doesn't make sense. If anything, it's just gonna be maybe the "Coachella Stage" being a little bigger than normal to accommodate something.
    i agree with this. i dont think they would bring one of those insane stages for a festival. those are just for their solo shows. i think the logistics of bringing that to a festival would be too insane. they spend all day, if not 2, in each city setting that shit up when they tour. no way they could put that up in between acts at coachella. unless all the other bands will be playing on that shit all day, which would just look stupid.

and stones kick ass, i dont care how old they are. saw them like 4 years ago and it was great. you electro-indy-hipster douches need to respect your elders a bit more and recognize what these guys did for rock n roll.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShoe View Post
    It's not B.S. The plans are in the works.

This "stage shift" really won't affect Coachella, but it is likely to affect the Stagecoach party people. Their Mane Stage will be in the corner where the Outdoor Stage is usually located for Coachella. One example: the VIP Area will be quite a walk to the Mane Stage.

On the last tour, when the Stones arrived in a major city, they played in 3 different sized venues; a stadium, an arena, and a theatre. They were much more flexible than U2, for example.

I think the shift is for Muse. And why would Coachella make the shift for one band? Because their live stage show looks damn impressive, and because they probably reduced their compensation if Goldenvoice would allow them to use "their stage". Of course, this is all speculation.
    It sounds lame.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    i agree with this. i dont think they would bring one of those insane stages for a festival. those are just for their solo shows. i think the logistics of bringing that to a festival would be too insane. they spend all day, if not 2, in each city setting that shit up when they tour. no way they could put that up in between acts at coachella. unless all the other bands will be playing on that shit all day, which would just look stupid.

and stones kick ass, i dont care how old they are. saw them like 4 years ago and it was great. you electro-indy-hipster douches need to respect your elders a bit more and recognize what these guys did for rock n roll.
    Yeah, if I was a band playing at Coachella and had to play on a stage made specially for Muse, I would be pissed off. Who do Muse think they are?

you guys are all complaining about a stage. its the FUCKING stones!

Quote Originally Posted by piecechief View Post
    you guys are all complaining about a stage. its the FUCKING stones!
    Ok that stage is ridiculous... It's cool for a Stones tour but don't bring that shit to Coachella it's beyond over the top.

well, the great news is, whatever stage is used for the main stage, Coachella will be a great time once again
    '99-'11...

I caught the Stones at Dodger stadium 3 years ago. Excellent show, perfect setlist. I would be pleased if they played, but as many have stated, it couldn't interrupt the other festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    well, the great news is, whatever stage is used for the main stage, Coachella will be a great time once again
    qft.. Coachella will be amazing and I haven't seen the stones live, and it's better than JJ headlining imo.

This is why I will love the Stones forever.

1968 - Beggars Banquet
    1969 - Let It Bleed
    1970 - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out!
    1971 - Sticky Fingers
    1972 - Exile On Main St.

Forever.
    There it is...
    I'm losing my edge...

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

KEEP THIS FUCKING ATROCITY AWAY FROM MY COACHELLA.
    I saw them use the above stage at the petco park show in san Diego. The "parking garages" are actually seats, so contest winners, high payers, fan club members etc can actually watch the show from up there, and be part of the mothership.
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

old school

didn't i just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShoe View Post
    actually, it won't affect Stagecoach at all... they don't have an Outdoor stage.. all this will mean is the bbq food court will be closer to the beer & vip gardens, which actually makes a lot more sense..

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

The stones would be awesome to have at coachella! How ever it won't happen. They usually announce their tour schedule in the spring and began shows in the fall. They've done it this way since steel wheels and so on. don't worry "pavement" or "faith no more" will still be there.
    Mick Jagger

I'm all for it.

And they should get the Hells Angels to do security again.
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

You know what, NO. I saw the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago, and besides being a giant stupid spectacle, they were BORING. I like the Stones as much as anybody who loves the old, raw sound and knows how influential they were to a ton of bands who keep it sexy. But the thing we love about those records is best experienced that way, in THAT sound without all the adult contemporary backup singing and pyro and super-rehearsed howling and hyper-production. Seeing the Stones live killed the Stones for me. Sorry.
    1999 - 2013, every day, every weekend, no regrets

They just taking the Macca - Roger Waters slot I always ignore anyway.
    Years Attended:

What blows my mind is the fact that soo many people bitch about the headlining acts. The only thing that matters is that coachella books at least 5 acts that your dying to see. This is a fucking music festival. Last year I didn't go to coachella for any of the headliners. I attended because I wanted to see ghostland and the presets. A few of my friends attended just because macca was there. Everyone has their own rational to go and thats what makes it amazing. I get to go for my own selfish reasons but more importantly, I get to experience the passion others have for their music. People have a pre conceived notion on what a rolling stones concert is and until you experience it then you shouldn't have an opinion about it. I had no interest in seeing the killers but because i had an open mind at the fest, i caught part of their show and I honestly enjoyed it.

That said, if 2010s headliners read as the rolling stones, the gorillaz, and muse i would shit bricks. I've never been to a stones show, so I'd definitely check it out and if im not feeling it then id just go check out the sahara.

Also, if the stage rumors hold true, I'm going to uphold the same philosophy. I'm not gonna keep an open mind about it. If it ends up being shitty then so be it, theres no reason to get worked up about it now.

I think its great that coachella has been booking hall of fame acts. The window is closing for these guys so I think coachella should make an attempt to let them showcase music history.

Quote Originally Posted by mfnalaska View Post
    You know what, NO. I saw the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago, and besides being a giant stupid spectacle, they were BORING. I like the Stones as much as anybody who loves the old, raw sound and knows how influential they were to a ton of bands who keep it sexy. But the thing we love about those records is best experienced that way, in THAT sound without all the adult contemporary backup singing and pyro and super-rehearsed howling and hyper-production. Seeing the Stones live killed the Stones for me. Sorry.

Why do people want to see bands 40 years past their prime. They're a horrible live act (if they weren't, you'd all be listening to Love You Live, Still Life or any other Wood-era live disc that no one remembers). This is a music festival not a museum. You're watching a CURRENT live performance, not a vintage movie.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Why wouldnt you want to watch The Rolling fucking Stones?

Personally, I canot wait to see Mick shake his leathery ass in leathery pants. And just to see Keith Richards BE Keith Richards with my own two eyes.

That being said, that stage is beyond unnecessary. Cant they just show up and play? Maybe bring some fireworks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator Bogaloo View Post

1968 - Beggars Banquet
    1969 - Let It Bleed
    1971 - Sticky Fingers
    1972 - Exile On Main St.

Forever.

Yes. Yesyesyes.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Personally, I cannot wait to see Mick shake his leathery ass in leathery pants. And just to see Keith Richards BE Keith Richards with my own two eyes.

Thats right brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator Bogaloo View Post

1968 - Beggars Banquet
    1969 - Let It Bleed
    1971 - Sticky Fingers
    1972 - Exile On Main St.

Forever.
    Yeah, pretty much. I've always been a big fan of Aftermath, too. I could go for the Stones at Coach, but that stage is far too overblown for it's own good. If Paul McCartney (the richest rock star in the world) doesn't get a special stage set up, I don't see why the Stones would either. And DEFINITELY not Muse. Let's just hope Coachella '10 doesn't become the year it starts to go downhill. A lot of things are changing this year, (i.e. camping, ins and outs, etc.), but I can't imagine PT tampering so much with a festival set up that's far from broken.

Young blood

So the stones are playing stagecoach and not coachella?