Thread: how many layaway tix are available?

Default how many layaway tix are available?

I'm stressing that the fest may sell out quickly if a lot of layaway tix are sold. Can anyone tell me what percentange of tix are available through layaway? How many are held back for regular sale?
    I can't do layaway since I'm in Canada and will be on the road. So as I'm now booking flights, hotels, time off work, I need to be sure that regular tix will be readily available.
    Last edited by chucky canuck; 12-15-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Default Re: how many layaway tix are available?

Layaway is no different than regular onsale, its being pulled from the same batch of tickets.(keep in mind this is only 3 day tickets) Because when regular onsale happens, you can still put tickets on layaway. Have your money ready by the time regular onsale happens and you will be fine.

sorry to inform you the festival just sold out goodluck with the scalpers
    Coachella 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 WEEKEND 1 AND 2

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Layaway is no different than regular onsale, its being pulled from the same batch of tickets.(keep in mind this is only 3 day tickets) Because when regular onsale happens, you can still put tickets on layaway. Have your money ready by the time regular onsale happens and you will be fine.
    I asked whether some are being held back for regular sale. I assume that only a limited number are offered for layaway. I just want to know how many, and what that means for the regular sale.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Naw, too much hair.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

It's nothing you can control. Just relax and purchase tickets as soon as you are able.

LAST DATE TO ORDER VIA LAYAWAY IS 2/15/10

So, with that said we can use some logic. The festival has never sold out in advance of the lineup being released and it's never sold out the day of the regular on sale. Last year the lineup was announced on the very last day of January. Regualar tickets will go on sale around that time as well.

Do you think you can have some money scraped together by the end of January or even mid February? If so you can do layaway. If it's going to take longer you are still more than likely going to be able to get tickets. This fest doesn't normally sell out but and when it does, it doesn't do so in a day, it takes a little bit of time so just breath and you'll get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    I asked whether some are being held back for regular sale. I assume that only a limited number are offered for layaway. I just want to know how many, and what that means for the regular sale.

Why would GV even say how many were available to be put on layaway? If they said only 1000 3 day tickets were being put up right now for layaway, is that fair to everyone who cant get the money right now and they are gone in a couple weeks? And again, this isnt limited, because all of the 3 day tickets could be put on layaway before regular onsale even happend and thats that. Also, like I said, YOU CAN PUT TICKETS ON LAYAWAY EVEN WHEN REGULAR ONSALE HAPPENS, HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT THAN NOW?

p.s.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD, GET YOUR MONEY, HAVE IT READY IN A MONTH, AND BUY YOUR SHIT. STOP BEING A PARANOID LITTLE DICK AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IF ITS NOT TRULY GOING TO AFFECT YOU LIKE YOU SUPPOSEDLY THINK.

yeah what supre said

Guys, read my first post. I can't do layaway since I'm in Canada and will be on the road when layaway tix are mailed out.
    So, as I've said twice now, I'm concerned that few tickets will be available via regular sale if layaway proves popular

Naw, too much hair.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Yes, and we told you that you don't need to be concerned. Did you completely ignore the rest of the posts? It won't sell out before the lineup comes out. Buy your tickets when they go on sale. It's not that fucking difficult.

yeah of the previous 9 coachella's, I believe only one day sold out. It was Sunday in '07, and maybe Friday of last year (however they released more Friday tickets the week of from 3-day passes which had not been purchased.) There is really no conceivable way that 3-day passes would ever sell out.

That being said, it blows my fucking mind how Glasto sells out so fast and Coachella always has surplus tickets coming down to the wire. I think its kind of nice actually.

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    I'm stressing that the fest may sell out quickly if a lot of layaway tix are sold. .

Man take some deep breaths its not gonna sell out. I'll prob get my tickets sometime in FEB.

And also, of the 5 years I've gone, every single year there is at least one person (often several) in my group who come to coachella with absolutely no tickets at all. There are usually people scalping tickets on all three days, or people that have to leave etc... I see it all the time and every year I think to myself "Gee I could save a shit ton of money just by exercising a little patience." yet every year as soon as the tickets go on sale I waste no time buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    p.s.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD, GET YOUR MONEY, HAVE IT READY IN A MONTH, AND BUY YOUR SHIT. STOP BEING A PARANOID LITTLE DICK AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHATS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IF ITS NOT TRULY GOING TO AFFECT YOU LIKE YOU SUPPOSEDLY THINK.
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, Supre? It's the same old questions that are being regurgitated. Apparently, some regular day people already know this (I was in a supermarket) and all they were talking about was how limited camping passes were and how soon to get there with their vehicles. I did this:

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    And also, of the 5 years I've gone, every single year there is at least one person (often several) in my group who come to coachella with absolutely no tickets at all. There are usually people scalping tickets on all three days, or people that have to leave etc... I see it all the time and every year I think to myself "Gee I could save a shit ton of money just by exercising a little patience." yet every year as soon as the tickets go on sale I waste no time buying them.
    Hey, it's being responsible and not waiting to get lucky at the last minute. I know I could find tickets there but Coachella's too important to me to risk not being able to find cheap ones. But I'm coming from SF.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Can I just remind everyone who forgot to take their anxiety medication that the lineup hasn't even been announced yet. Coachella is not going to sell out or even come in the general vicinity of being close to selling out until that happens.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    yeah of the previous 9 coachella's, I believe only one day sold out. It was Sunday in '07, and maybe Friday of last year (however they released more Friday tickets the week of from 3-day passes which had not been purchased.) There is really no conceivable way that 3-day passes would ever sell out.

That being said, it blows my fucking mind how Glasto sells out so fast and Coachella always has surplus tickets coming down to the wire. I think its kind of nice actually.
    A helpful reply. Thanks.

Naw, too much hair.

There have been 10 coachellas so far. just sayin
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Chucky Canuck, even if Coachella does sell out, it won't sell out until the lineup is released, and normally the regular tickets go on sale before the lineup is announced.

I really don't think you need to worry about this.