Thread: LMAO

Default LMAO

i came across this on wikipedia today and almost had a hernia from laughing at the last line. i love wikipedia.

Where is she now?

As might be expected, everything about Miss Cleo turned out to be fake. Harris was actually born in Los Angeles to American parents, and never lived in Jamaica - nor was she a shaman priestess, or even psychic.
    The Miss Cleo character was based on a Jamaican character called Cleo that Harris had performed in her Seattle play by the name of For Women Only. The play - as well as several others - were funded by a non-profit organisation, but Harris apparently kept the money for herself, only paying some of the cast and crew even partially. Harris - then going by the name Ree Perris - then left town, telling castmates she had bone cancer and would return to settle the debts later.
    The calls weren't free either, and investigations by CourtTV, news media, and several state Attorney Generals led to the entire company being shut down (although Harris wasn't held personally responsible).
    Harris continues to cash in on the fame of her Miss Cleo character. In 2003, the New York Daily News reported that TV music network Fuse had signed Harris as a spokeswoman. In early 2005, Harris was back on TV as Cleo in advertisements for a used car dealership in Florida, according to the Broward-Palm Beach New Times.
    Tragically, Miss Cleo died yesterday, 2/18/07, she was attacked by a 400 foot giant squid.

Default Re: LMAO

What I really want to know is why you were reading Ms. Cleo's Wikipedia article in the first place...

i was trying to find out if she was dead or not.

I suppose this is an American thing is it!?

all americans check wikipedia to see if fraudulent psychics are dead or not. so yes.

I bet the other psychics didn't need to!!!!

i was totally going to add her too. thx for the heads up.

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

I've had a hunch all the years she was full of shit. I'm glad that squid got her, though.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

This made my day thanks for posting it
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

for a time, the wiki entry on "John Lennon Airport" contained the following:

Recent Criticisms:
    In recent years, the John Lennon Airport has come under heavy criticism from the world aviation community, namely, for its poor standards of operations. The list of concerns includes, but is not limited to:

About 2/3 of all flights crash because they are operated by stoned hippies.
    Pilots hot boxing the cockpit.
    Abuse of passangers by rambling endlessly over the intercom about finally "getting the universe and life and shit."
    Large caches of on-flight meals going mysteriously missing (wrappers are sometimes found in flight attendants' luggage).
    The only available in-flight movies are ones produced by Cheech and Chong.

Bugger.

Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by samiksha View Post
    for a time, the wiki entry on "John Lennon Airport" contained the following:

Recent Criticisms:
    In recent years, the John Lennon Airport has come under heavy criticism from the world aviation community, namely, for its poor standards of operations. The list of concerns includes, but is not limited to:

About 2/3 of all flights crash because they are operated by stoned hippies.
    Pilots hot boxing the cockpit.
    Abuse of passangers by rambling endlessly over the intercom about finally "getting the universe and life and shit."
    Large caches of on-flight meals going mysteriously missing (wrappers are sometimes found in flight attendants' luggage).
    The only available in-flight movies are ones produced by Cheech and Chong.
    That;s a load of shite isn't it!!!?
    The only complaints about John Lennon Airport were that Aeroplane wheels were getting nicked!!!!! (as its in Liverpool)

apparently the guy who posted the thing about the squid accident has been at it for awhile. amongst his other posts were "she was killed in a freak hang gliding accident" to the less creative "she was fat".