View Poll Results: So, do you?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • NOPE - I never drive after drinking, ever

47 20.98%
  • KINDA - If I know Iím driving, Iíll still drink, but cap it at 1 or 2

85 37.95%
  • YUP - I drive perfectly fine after a few drinks and I do it more than I should

64 28.57%
  • OTHER Ė I drive when Iím on other illegal substances

28 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you drink and drive?

Default Do you drink and drive?

We're due for a good poll.

Not public.

Default Re: Do you drink and drive?

Kinda/Yup/Other
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

There should be an option that encompasses both YUP and OTHER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    Kinda/Yup/Other
    That would have been a good option

This too

I, for once, agree with Randy. But the "other" is only kind of illegal in California...
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

FUCK

lowfront

Just want to say that one of my girlfriends best friend who is the sweetest person there is. She has 2 adorable kids, no money, horrible husband. Dropped my girl off at the house after a staff christmas party and got pulled over and arrested on her way home from here. She spent the night in jail and went to court today. Lost her license for 90 days. Probation for a year. Has to do classes, and has to pay a SHITLOAD of money.

She wasn't drinking a lot and is the last person in the world that deserves this.

So be smart and don't do it.

she doesn't suck dick, i guess.

Zing!

I don't drink. One of my bf's was a drunk - so I gave up drinking at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

If you drink and drive, one day you will get busted. Don't do it kidlets.... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I drink early then convert over to food. Designated drivers have to tolerate a number of personalities.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I have driven buzzed more times then I should I know. I usually do the same though, drink for a awhile, eat something, switch to water and drive. By the law standards I am sure I am still considered intoxicated, but I can have 2 beers and be considered intoxicated and not even feel a buzz. I have no problem knowing my limits though and if I switch to water and still feel too intoxicated to drive I will always take a cab or ride with someone else. Which has often times left me stranded without a car the next day. The laws are way to strict here in Phoenix to fuck with that shit, plus I would never want to have the guilt associated with hurting someone because I was too stupid to take a $20 cab ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I don't drink. I drove once coming up on something because I wanted to be tripping as soon as I got home. Not a wise decision, but I was ok and didn't have problems.

on the other hand, I can not drive high, and don't think I would attempt to drive under any other type of drug. People who smoke a joint while driving amaze me because I get distracted way too easy and forget where the fuck I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I've done it at home late at night when I knew nobody else would be on the road. I'm not willing to risk someone else's life but I don't mind with my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I'm not trying to be an asshole, Corinna, but I'm genuinely wondering how you knew nobody else would be on the road.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Because my town is very very small and past 2 there simply is nobody on the road. I didn't see a single other car any of the few times I've done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Still not completely smart, but I gotcha. Fair enough. I've driven when I shouldn't have a few times. Glass houses.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I know a guy who used the nobody else on the road justification and said if there ever was he would run his own car off the road as to not hurt anyone if it came down to it. I'm glad he had it all thought out.

I used to drink and drive on a regular basis as the bar I went to was a 2 mile striaght shot to my apartment. Sometime over the past 2-3 years after seeing a number of friends get a DUI and what that means in the state of Arizona I have stopped all together. I mean, I had a beer at metric the other night and drove home and hour or so later but I literally had one beer and that's as close to drinking and driving as I have been in at least 2 years. Part of it is I don't go out drinking anymore becaue it's a waste of money but i've certainly noticed more maturity that was completely lacking from ages 20-28.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

First time DUI in the state of Arizona.

.08-.15

Most people get 10 days in jail with 9 suspended so just 24 hours in tent city.
    Drug/Alcohol screening. Results will effect your sentence in court.
    250+ surcharge fine
    $500 to state prison fund
    Up to 5 years probation
    90 day automatic suspension, with a work permit granted after 30 days
    Required interlock device that you have to pay for. It's roughly a few hundred dollars for the installation and then a monthly fee.

None of this includes the attorney fees.

The second time and extreme DUI's get much more severe penalties.

http://www.arizonaduicenter.com/azfi...penalties.html

I got one in California with a .09 a little over 6 years ago...not drunk at all, but that doesn't excuse driving after drinking. I understand exactly why people need to be punished for doing so. I learned my lesson.

I was fortunate to not lose my license due to the police making serious procedural errors during my arrest and it being found out that the officer that wrote my police report wasn't even present, yet was able to include false details in the report. He was punished as well. I still had to pay a bunch of fees, go to classes and was on probation. Absolutely not worth it at all.

It's interesting, I hardly drink, and never drive while drunk ...yet others i know drink and drive nearly every night, some of them wasted and belligerent, yet never pay any consequences. I've hoped for years that certain people I know would get busted before they kill someone.

An old friend's dad survived a major cancer scare a few years ago. He was walking down the street in broad daylight a few months later and was hit and killed by a drunk driver while on the sidewalk....just taking a walk during the day, some drunk fuck ran up on the sidewalk, hit him and threw him like 50 ft, up and over a wall.
    '99-'11...

I had a friend who got a DUI in California, he had no money afterwards and had to move back in with his dad just to survive. The fucked up part was he learned his lesson and never did it again but a year later he was killed by a drunk driver trying to pass him on a winding road.

7 years ago I had a .18 at 1000 on a sunday morning.... nuff said. cr****

Banned

kinda/other

driving down sunset blasting mariachi music whilst smoke is pouring out the car is a total win

When I was working security at a bar in Tucson a couple years ago, everybody on staff had to take an alcohol awareness class. We got a nifty little handout that included a chart showing blood alcohol concentration by %.

If you weigh 100 lbs, at 1 drink per hour, your BAC is .04. At 2 drinks per hour, your BAC is .08. 3 drinks, .11. And so on.

If you weigh 120 lbs, 1 drink per hour provides you with a BAC of .03. 2 drinks, .06. 3 drinks, .09.

If you weigh 140 lbs, 1 drink means a BAC of .03. 2 drinks, .05. 3 drinks, .08.

If you weigh 160 lbs, your BAC after 1 drink per hour is .02. 2 drinks, .05. 3 drinks, .07. 4 drinks, .09.

If you weigh 180 lbs, 1 drink = .02. 2 drinks, .04. 3 drinks, .06. 4 drinks, .08.

200 lbs, 1 drink, .02. 2 drinks, .04. 3 drinks, .06. 4 drinks, .08.

220 lbs, 1 drink, .02. 2 drinks, .03. 3 drinks, .05. 4 drinks, .07. 5 drinks, .09.

240 lbs, 1 drink, .02. 2 drinks, .03. 3 drinks, .05. 4 drinks, .06. 5 drinks, .08.

The chart ends there. It also notes that it isn't exact as there are other factors that need to be considered.

This was actually some bad information for me to have gotten a hold of because it's definitely clouded my judgment a few times. I'll figure that I haven't been drinking anywhere close to 5 drinks in an hour so I should be fine. I got a DUI back in 2006, which sucked (and wasn't even due to any erratic driving -- one of my headlights was out) but was definitely a long time coming after a few other times I drove home and didn't have a memory of doing so the following morning. I wound up getting pulled over again about 18 months later, after I had drank a couple of Long Islands and a few beers over 3-4 hours. My BAC was less than .05 so the cop just made me leave my car there and I called my sister to pick me up. (Again, I wasn't driving erratically, I had just made a right-hand turn onto a street and went immediately into the furthest left lane instead of the furthest right lane. I didn't even realize that was illegal.)
    My biggest problem with drinking is that I get the compulsion to continue doing so once I've started, especially in those few occasions when I'm not buying the drinks myself. (My frugality is definitely my best defense against getting too drunk in public.) Realizing this, I do the majority of my drinking at home where I pose no danger to anybody and can just stumble to bed when I get too tired. It's definitely made me nowhere near as reliable to go out for a night at the bar with some friends but they didn't pay my fines or lawyer fees, so that's a sacrifice I can deal with.
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 12-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

And who said fat people can't have more fun? (Sorry. After those pics, I needed to say something smartassed as my stomach turned. Geez, Pete...)

But, like somewhat damaged said, those charts are based upon all the body weight VS alcohol. They don't factor in the state of mind of a drinker, or whether or not they ate something beforehand, and of course those that drink and consume other specialties with their booze... Just the state of mind would be enough for some people to stay off the road, I know...

Several years ago, I had tickets to a show in San Diego and my then boyfriend decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go. (He was into country music and I had seen enough Bo hunks on stage and thought it was time to see someone I liked.) Anyway, last minute wasn't cool and I got pissed off. So, there I was in my Corvette, Jose' Cuervo bottle between my legs, driving down Hwy 60 between the mountains on that 2 lane road with the concrete devider at atleast 10-20 over the speed limit. (Probably rocking out some serious attitude music at full tilt.)

At the time, I couldn't have cared less. I found an old friend to take instead, and once we got to the show and I sat down...it was then that I realized how fucking lucky I was to be able to do so alive, not to mention how fucking stupid I was to not only drive, but to drive in that state of mind and the alcohol!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I have driven way too many times when I was drinking and trashed on drugs. I know times I was on I70 going 140mph and tripping. That was over 7 years ago. I never ever drink even a beer now and drive. It is just not worth it. I have missed a number of shows because of that, but that just means there are more shows in my future I can go to. Here in Denver I can usually take public transportation which can be a pain, but not near the pain as jail or death. I don't preach much to anyone about anything but this. DON'T DO IT .... cr****

I had lunch with a friend of mine on Friday. He got caught with a 2nd DUI and had blown a .22. He was turning himself in later that night to serve 60 days in jail.