So i can shine with my own light
    And let me be myself
    For a while, if you don't mind
    Let me be myself
    So i can shine with my own light
    Let me be myself
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Default Re: your parents r starting to go looney support thread

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    This is, far and away, the most profoundly depressing thread on the internet.
    lolz Devin
    and MP, to use a corny saying.....

better to have loved and lost etc ..............cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

my mom is now on drugs so thankfully her craziness is well under control. My Step-Dad on the other hand has become a full blown conspiracy theorist.
    Him- "Obama is just a puppet so that they can make everyone the same."
    Me- "Who is they?"
    Him- "Your people."
    Me- "And what is the final outcome of making us all the same?"
    Him- "That's their plan! To make everyone the same!"
    Me- "You mean equal?"
    your pockets are no longer filled with sunshine, now they are filled with sadness and despair.

^^^

Oh, my...I started to read this thread yesterday and made it about halfway through before it dawned on me...OMG! I'm pretty much in the same age bracket that most of these parents you're speaking of are! That's when I decided to do a shot of tequila and re-evaluate before posting.
    As you can see, I totally spaced out and forgot until seeing the thread now! LOL Anyway, my mother passed away almost 6 years ago at the age of 62. She had a great sense of humor and the goofiness she would exibit was always intentional. In fact, I thank her for the ability I have in being able to laugh at myself, whether or not my antics were intentional. As for my father? Due to our circumstances over the years, I always told people he was not just old school, but had graduated from the class before that. First, it was "old-fashioned" that I used to describe his behavior. By my late teens, I believe the term "Asshole" was par for course. Unfortunately, from that point on, we've been what I guess you'd call enstranged. Up until my mom died, he was always ahead of the game and physically able to continue building houses, etc. I did stay with him for afew weeks after her death and was actually amazed at how active he was, and how much of his mind was still intact for 70. Unfortunately though, shortly thereafter he went right back into his mode of disowning me....Until my birthday afew weeks ago...He sent a card telling me he had gotten married to someone and had an Elvis Presley impersonator perform the ceremony. (Keep in mind that he didn't go to my wedding because we lived together for like 3 months and he said that mocked what a marriage was meant to be.) WTF? Like having Elvis reside over your wedding isn't? While there is a bitter part of me over the past, after this new announcement, I guess abit of concern has risen as well...He also sent an Xmas card retelling me about his getting hitched, as he put it. Trust me, my dad was no Romeo,and we all figured at the age of 75, and after being married to my mom for over42 years, he wasn't exactly material for running off and doing shit like this. I'm just glad my brother is there for him, because after my upbringing and our situation, he'd be a complete stranger for me to tend to!

In any case, I have a good feeling that while my parents are living par for course, I, on the other hand may end up being the person that suffacated has to keep on aleash so I don't wander aimlessly off getting lost, or talking to myself and answering. Probably have to get a tattoo of our phone number or some shit so people can get me back home safely!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Dammit! Seems the older I get, the longer my posts get!
    Gotta be the looniness! LOL
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Unhappy Re: your parents r starting to go looney support thread

ever since my dad retired he is mutating into into ANDY ROONEY!
    my mom is talking crazy talk now about how we "ruined the earth by putting machines on the moon that are pulling the earth closer to the sun and that's why there's global warming"

i wish that i was kidding about this...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Anyway, my mother passed away almost 6 years ago at the age of 62.
    So, she had you in 3rd grade?

(I'm sorry BD, but it's just so easy. You know I love you.)

(Well, love might be a bit strong.)

Ugh, my dad is a major pack rat and hasn't gotten rid of anything in years, unless I can secretly throw it away or give it away behind his back.
    I mean srsly, are you some how going to find a use for 300+ National Geographic books?!?! Or college books that were relevant in the 1970's??

He built an extra storage b/c he filled two other smaller ones in the backyard with tools and lumber....for ALL those projects he never has time for cause he is on the computer doing nothing.

My mom feels the same way but won't/can't change his mind. She is still sharp or paranoid, not entirely sure, but loves to complain and is always too tired to do anything. That is until its something she wants to do. >_<

my ma has been growing some foreign plant in her garden that she calls an african leaf plant. she claims that eating this plant's leaves weekly helps prevent diabetes. she just made me eat the leaves raw. i like bitter things, but those leaves were the most extreme form of bitter i've ever tasted. absolutely vile.
    she has a couple other plants in her garden that supposedly provide all other sorts of health benefits and remedies. she loves to show 'em off to anyone who will listen. i'll soon let you know how the plant that promotes longevity tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    So, she had you in 3rd grade?
    (I'm sorry BD, but it's just so easy. You know I love you.)
    (Well, love might be a bit strong.)
    If you thought I made it easy for you then, you should have seen me trying to comprehend the mathmatics involved in your post! LOL I got it now! DUH...

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic00 View Post
    Ugh, my dad is a major pack rat and hasn't gotten rid of anything in years, unless I can secretly throw it away or give it away behind his back.
    I mean srsly, are you some how going to find a use for 300+ National Geographic books?!?! Or college books that were relevant in the 1970's??

He built an extra storage b/c he filled two other smaller ones in the backyard with tools and lumber....for ALL those projects he never has time for cause he is on the computer doing nothing.
    My mom feels the same way but won't/can't change his mind. She is still sharp or paranoid, not entirely sure, but loves to complain and is always too tired to do anything. That is until its something she wants to do. >_<
    Whoa, here's a perfect example of one of those pending senior behaviors I'm concerned about... Apathetic, your father will surely find a use for those 300 magazines...Just as I intend to do with all the Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, and Playgirl that I have saved.
    Actually, up until afew weeks ago I wasn't concerned. I simply accepted that I was a pack rat. That is, until Pete called me in to see some program he found on TV called HOARDERS. Have you seen it? I told him to start taping it and I would watch it later...It took 3 weeks for that later to occur! LOL
    Now, before I post this pic, let me point out that our condo is only like 700 sq. ft. We don't have a garage. And there aren't many cabinets for storage...Does your dad's garage look anything like this?

And, maybe I should just post a sign that says, WARNING: THIS AREA BELONGS TO A BASKET CASE...

But, like Ron said, if I toss something out, I'll need it!!! LOL
    Actually, I think as we get older, we tend to realize we won't be earning anything at some point in order to survive. (*My theory.) And, if I should luck out and live to be forever and a day, I don't want to be ass out without a pot to piss in! (*Yes, another theory of mine.)

How's that for some weird ass funny shit? Geez...

I love it so much that this is on right after intervention...
    your pockets are no longer filled with sunshine, now they are filled with sadness and despair.

A while back, my brother was to get a lift from the train station from my Dad. My dad phoned him to arrange the details and, getting no answer, left a message.

My dad being my dad though, he didn't hang up properly, and went on to leave a four minute expletive filled rant about what a screw-up my brother is, in my brother's inbox.

Banned

I'm still waiting on my lollipops

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    I'm still waiting on my lollipops
    Oh, so that's how it is with you? First it was my cupcakes and now it's someone elses lollipops? Guess it's safe to assume that that's powdered sugar around that mouth of yours then? LOL

I attended a conference with nursing home staff to discuss why my father was pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times. One of their questions was if this was unusual behavior for him.

Lightbulb Re: your parents r starting to go looney support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times.
    good for him...
    at least this would lead you to believe there ARE APPROPRIATE RECREATIONAL times for your father to pull out his penis
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Coachella Junkie

Last time I was home my mother game me a quizzical look and asked whether I'd recently started wearing contacts. I've been wearing contacts fo 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    I attended a conference with nursing home staff to discuss why my father was pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times. One of their questions was if this was unusual behavior for him.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Not my parent, but my sister confided to me the other day that she started seeing ghosts "again," and she apparently has been seeing ghosts all her life since she was 5. So I'm wondering if she's on drugs or schizophrenic or early on-set Alzheimer's or if she is actually seeing ghosts. I'm not really sure how to handle this. She has a 10 year old son who she has every other weekend, so I am a bit worried about what she is telling her son.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I wouldn't worry about it. Most parents brainwash their children with religion for decades which has to be far more harful than sharing hallucinations.

At the very least I am going to try to hang out with her more. Maybe she's just stressed out from ending her marriage last year and getting back into the dating scene. My husband's aunt has recently behaving erratically, and she finally went to a doctor who says she has dementia, so I was worried that my sister could be going through that.

Better ghosts than zombies, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I agree with Tom
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

haha. She kept saying how she had created a "shield" to keep the ghosts away for a while, but she was dating this one guy who telepathically communicated with her (WTF??) and broke her shield, so now she sees the ghosts again. She wants to find a psychic (or witch??) who can tell her how to construct a new shield properly this time. I really did not know what to say to her after that.

Maybe she's writing the script for a new TV show, I dunno.

Isn't there a ghost in your house as well Amyzzz?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

If there is, my sister didn't mention it when she was over Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    She wants to find a psychic
    did you tell her you have an internet psychic friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.