Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 157

Thread: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    They just kicked off their tour in Asia where they are playing open stadiums. They are doing Canada and S. American between January and March of 2010. Can they be gearing up for the N. America festival circuit? Would anyone in their right mind book them and trust they show up? Apparently Axl didn't make rehearsal for last nights Taipei show but the reviews coming in say the band is refreshed and energized as they kick off the first tour since the release of Chinese Democracy.


    Axl is just like Prince when it comes to copyright so most of the vids have been removed. This one is still up because it's so far away you cant' really see but you can hear a little. I know i'm in the minority but I still have to see Axl play the classics live. I also didn't hate Chinese Democracy as most decided to do because of how ridiculously long it took to release.




    Guns N' Roses Perform At Taipei County Stadium

    Axl RoseGuns N' Roses kicked off the Chinese Democracy Tour in Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China last night (Dec. 11 in China), marking the band's first gigs in support of its 2008 CD. Footage from the Taipei County Stadium show has been leaked around YouTube and other video sharing sites with the videos showing an amazing performance from a band that sounds refreshed, energized and ready to kick some ass around the world. Lead vocalist Axl Rose appeared on stage wearing a hat with his non-braided hair pulled back. Taipei television broadcast screen captures show the rock legend in fine form.

    The band performed several selections from the Chinese Democracy CD, including opening the show with the title track. The latest single Street of Dreams remains at #44 on the Canadian Active Rock Charts and GNR Greatest Hits rose one point to #18 on the Canadian Hard Rock Charts. GNR Greatest Hits has been on the Canadian charts for 298 weeks. Chinese Democracy topped the charts in its first week of release in 2008, selling 70,000 copies in Canada. The last time GNR topped the charts prior to that was in 1991 with Use Your Illusion II.

    The outdoor stadium shows in Asia this month will generate unprecedented world attention as the new GNR have plans for a world tour which will include Canada and South America in 2010. The band returns to Canada for 13 dates in January and February, while the South American shows are expected between March and April.
    FYI Axl was also in an altercation at LAX before his flight with some photographers and the band apparently rehearsed without Axl who was late arriving as well.

  2. #2
    old school Jon Blazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    theFUNHOUSE
    Posts
    2,510

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    it's not happening

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,622

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    I really like the time i did see the new guns and roses too but alot of the ppl on the board seem to always hate the idea.
    Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

    Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14


    Last.fm





  4. #4
    Member brycerosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    no way
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    fax,......you never got to see Real G'N'R???


    I think Chinese Democracy sucks because it is terribly overproduced, with ridiculous multi tracked vocals on every song and a pale imitation of the songwriting of days of yore...not because of how long it took to record

    I want Slash and Izzy involved, or I don't care (but I would watch them if it somehow happened)
    '99-'11...

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,622

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    yeah but then again there alot of bands that i never got to see the orignal lineup and i still enjoy the music.
    Last edited by getbetter; 12-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.
    Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

    Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14


    Last.fm





  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    humanoid, I didn't get to see the real GnR. I had tickets to a show in Chicago when I was a senior in high school during the Use Your Illusion tour. The Smashing Pumpkins opened up the Chicago show and their only album at the time was Gish. We got there and the show was canceled because Axl was extradited back to St. Louis on his riot charges. It still stings to this day.

    I agree Chinese Democracy is over produced but I really dig some of the songs like IRS and Madagascar. I don't mind the album at all actually. I haven't listened in a while but I am putting it on in a few.

  8. #8
    old school paulthomasanderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Coachella Valley/New York City
    Posts
    2,791

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    No, but this is funny to watch.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I want Slash and Izzy involved, or I don't care
    this sums it up. they were responsible for all those great riffs. axl was obviously an important part of the band too, but without slash and izzy, its not gnr, and not worth it.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    humanoid, I didn't get to see the real GnR. I had tickets to a show in Chicago when I was a senior in high school during the Use Your Illusion tour. The Smashing Pumpkins opened up the Chicago show and their only album at the time was Gish. We got there and the show was canceled because Axl was extradited back to St. Louis on his riot charges. It still stings to this day.
    and wow, thats an incredibly horrible story. i was lucky enough to see the GnR/Metallica show my sophmore year. but by then they were still past their prime. ill never forgive my parents for not letting me go to the GnR/Skid Row tour. that was on their appetite tour, when they were still kind of raw and just plain bad ass.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    humanoid, I didn't get to see the real GnR. I had tickets to a show in Chicago when I was a senior in high school during the Use Your Illusion tour. The Smashing Pumpkins opened up the Chicago show and their only album at the time was Gish. We got there and the show was canceled because Axl was extradited back to St. Louis on his riot charges. It still stings to this day.

    I agree Chinese Democracy is over produced but I really dig some of the songs like IRS and Madagascar. I don't mind the album at all actually. I haven't listened in a while but I am putting it on in a few.

    That's a bummer, damn extradition proceedings
    I was fortunate and got to see them 4 times back then, I was only like 12-15 when I did, thankfully my dad enjoyed going to concerts and took my friend and I a few times...fortunately none of my shows got canceled, but I'm sure Axl thought about it (I had tix for a show in 2003 that did though)


    I really wanted to like Chinese Democracy...I thought it was possible that Axl still had a gem in him somewhere (although Izzy was a huge songwriting influence that is sorely missed)....i just couldn't get past a lot of the vocals...some of the songs are admittedly decent, but I guess my tastes have just evolved and they're not things I really crave hearing very often

    whenever I get to visit my buddy Chris that went to the shows with me years ago, he'll inevitably throw it on when we get drunk enough...it's a good time then, but it usually just inspires us to put on Appetite eventually


    apparently, Slash is releasing a solo album next year, with contributions from Izzy, Duff, and Steven Adler....unfortunately no Axl
    '99-'11...

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    and wow, thats an incredibly horrible story. i was lucky enough to see the GnR/Metallica show my sophmore year. but by then they were still past their prime. ill never forgive my parents for not letting me go to the GnR/Skid Row tour. that was on their appetite tour, when they were still kind of raw and just plain bad ass.
    I got to see them in '88 opening for Aerosmith ....

    I had no idea they were even playing, my dad's friend asked us the day of the show if we wanted free tickets to see Aerosmith

    lucky fucking coincidence.....Guns 'N' Roses were fucking opening...when I was a kid, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world...

    saw them the next year open for the Stones, and that was pretty incredible too....I was a year older and remember the details better than the Aerosmith show.....it's funny, because as a kid, I was terribly bored by the Stones...way before I got into them..bummer, that was the only time I've seen them

    then at the Forum with Skid Row......that was absolutely them at the top of their game....about 3 hours of frenetic, insane energy

    I still remember my dad pointing out to my friend and i, all the girls flashing the camera and being projected onto the huge video screens...while waiting like 2 hours for the band to setup


    Guns/Metallica....although it was them starting to fall apart, was still a pretty rad show...watching Slash sprint the stage the entire time, jumping off 15' risers was always fun
    '99-'11...

  13. #13
    old school juloxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    4,072

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    I dont give a fuck what anyone says, seeing them would be dope.

    It would be more awesome if Coachella got the original GnR to do the festival
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,712

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Catching that Guns n Roses/Metallica tour would have been sweet.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Catching that Guns n Roses/Metallica tour would have been sweet.
    it was the longest show I've ever seen...it was like a mini festival...Motorhead opened, then Metallica played for 3 hours, then G'N'R for about 2.5 ....quite the event
    '99-'11...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    then at the Forum with Skid Row......that was absolutely them at the top of their game....about 3 hours of frenetic, insane energy
    yep, thats the one. i'm over 30 now and still give my mom shit about once a year for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I still remember my dad pointing out to my friend and i, all the girls flashing the camera and being projected onto the huge video screens...while waiting like 2 hours for the band to setup
    they did that at the show i saw too, after metallica, before gnr.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  17. #17
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,001

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    FUCK. THAT.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    it was the longest show I've ever seen...it was like a mini festival...Motorhead opened, then Metallica played for 3 hours, then G'N'R for about 2.5 ....quite the event
    we were supposed to get faith no more, but something changed last minute (i forget why) and we got body count instead. we walked in right before ice-tea read a letter from the san diego police saying they wouldnt provide security if the played cop killer. then he crumpled up the letter and shoved it down his pants and they played it anyway. that was fucking bad ass when you're 15.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,712

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    yeah, I was really bummed to not get Faith No More or Body Count...Cop Killer was rather incendiary at the time....Motorhead didn't do much for me
    '99-'11...

  21. #21
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,925

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    I'd rather see Ice T at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  22. #22

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    yeah, I was really bummed to not get Faith No More or Body Count...Cop Killer was rather incendiary at the time....Motorhead didn't do much for me
    yea, im guessing you saw the rose bowl show. my buddy saw motorhead too. i'd actually rather see them than body count. i was into motorhead back then. i went to the sd show. i lived in south oc, so was right in the middle. the bummer about that was that we had to set a time for my parents to pick us up, since it was an hour drive and there were no cell phones back then. well the time we set was not late enough, and we had to leave before gnr was done. i didnt want to get grounded back then, but looking back i should have just made my parents wait their asses in the lot till it was done.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  23. #23
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    I don't really want them at Coachella, but I will definitely try to catch them on this tour. Is Robin Finck playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I'd rather see Ice T at Coachella.
    I know Axl isn't that young either, but 50 year old former gangsta rappers turned mainstream actors hold little interest for me
    '99-'11...

  25. #25

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    so i looked into why we didnt get FNM opening, and found a timeline for that tour:

    September 21st, 1992 - Faith No More leaves the tour to fulfill prior headline touring commitments.

    Following their tour-debut at shows in Kansas City and Denver last week, Body Count are announced to be taking over the slot for two of the remaining five shows. Motorhead are also added to the bill for three gigs.
    and the following made me laugh, even though ive heard this story before:

    September 9th, 1992 - GN'R performs at MTV's Video Music Awards. Elton John joins the band to perform "November Rain".

    Backstage Axl exchanged some words with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. According to Michael Azerrad's book "Come As You Are The Story Of Nirvana" Courtney asked Axl if he wanted to be the godfather of their child. Axl said " You shut your bitch up or I'm taking you down to the pavement!" to Kurt. Kurt glared at Courtney and said "Shut up, bitch!". The Nirvana entourage exploded in laughter.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  26. #26
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,925

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I know Axl isn't that young either, but 50 year old former gangsta rappers turned mainstream actors hold little interest for me
    My comment wasn't really a praise of Ice T. I just don't want to see a botoxed up Axl Rose with 3 random dudes play at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    yea, im guessing you saw the rose bowl show. my buddy saw motorhead too. i'd actually rather see them than body count. i was into motorhead back then. i went to the sd show. i lived in south oc, so was right in the middle. the bummer about that was that we had to set a time for my parents to pick us up, since it was an hour drive and there were no cell phones back then. well the time we set was not late enough, and we had to leave before gnr was done. i didnt want to get grounded back then, but looking back i should have just made my parents wait their asses in the lot till it was done.
    yeah it was Rose Bowl...honestly, I didn't care much who opened, I just wanted to get to the main acts. Actually, Motorhead was kinda fun, but their sound sucked and it was still light outside, so the vibe was weak. I think I was a freshman at the time. Luckily i was friends with these girls, and one of them had an older boyfriend that drove us...but I definitely remember having driving issues and having to coordinate rides with parents before cell phones!!! my parents definitely had to wait a few times
    '99-'11...

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    My comment wasn't really a praise of Ice T. I just don't want to see a botoxed up Axl Rose with 3 random dudes play at Coachella.
    I didn't really think it was...I'm not thrilled about current incarnation of Guns either, and am not really advocating them for Coachella....but I would watch if it somehow occurred .....I'd really rather have Axl pull his head out of his ass and play with the OG guys, they all play together at times...Izzy did tour with Axl for a bit in '06
    '99-'11...

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I dont give a fuck what anyone says, I am the worst new poster
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: Guns n' Roses aka Axl & Co.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    so i looked into why we didnt get FNM opening, and found a timeline for that tour:



    and the following made me laugh, even though ive heard this story before:
    I've wanted to see video of this for years. Sigh. Kurt - gone way too soon to be YouTubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Similar Threads

  1. GUNS N ROSES HEADLINING SUNDAY
    By Tijuana in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM
  2. Guns N Roses - 'Chinese Democracy" Streaming Now
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:53 AM
  3. Smashing Pumpkins vs Guns N' Roses
    By shotglass75 in forum Polls
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
  4. Dr Pepper <3 Guns N Roses
    By thinnerair in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
  5. New Guns N' Roses - Let me puke now
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 08:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •