Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's sorta drizzling self-important, douchey 90's alt-rock stars (sorta)

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default It's sorta drizzling self-important, douchey 90's alt-rock stars (sorta)

LIVE has parted ways with frontman über-pantsniff Ed Kowalczyk

Today I can hear the dolphin cry.

http://allthingschadtaylor.blogspot....ished-for.html

In tribute, I have handcrafted a piece of Fine Arts....

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Default Re: It's sorta drizzling self-important, douchey 90's alt-rock stars (sorta)

I mean this in the most respectable way:

Who still gives a shit about LIVE?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Would you fucks stop and visualize this for one second??

You really want to dedicate a solid chunk of your Coachella-going to go get asshole to asshole with a bunch of sweaty jerkoffs so you can sing along and fistpump to fucking "Poker Face"?

Default Re: It's sorta drizzling self-important, douchey 90's alt-rock stars (sorta)

ps, *applause* hand banana, you have not lost your touch

You really want to dedicate a solid chunk of your Coachella-going to go get asshole to asshole with a bunch of sweaty jerkoffs so you can sing along and fistpump to fucking "Poker Face"?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i thought this band broke up 10 years ago

well, this gives me a good excuse to listen to secret samahdi for the first time in that long
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Secret Samadhi was and still is a phenomenal album...I really liked Live in high school/college. But their decline was sooooo terrible that I haven't listened to the band in years. I mean, Ed was never that that great of a frontman in the first place, but after he had kids the music he made was so fucking weak that it made me cringe. All sensitive and bullshit pussy stuff.

Edit: Ha, that's funny Drinkey. Mentioning the same album.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I loved Throwing Copper in 3rd or 4th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

They played KROQ Inland Invasion in 05, it was bad that I mightve been one of the few people around in the pit who knew the words to almost every song. And yeah Secret Shamadi and Throwing Copper were good.

I'd go as far as to say they were good up until The Distance to Here, but holy dear lord, that drop off to V was one of the worst in music history. Easily one of my least favorite albums of the decade. I remember thinking it was fitting that it was released on 9/11/01.
    For your health

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I saw these guys 4 years ago for free at the Taste of Saint Louis. Also, The Roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I saw these guys 4 years ago for free at the Taste of Saint Louis. Also, The Roots.
    Seeing The Roots play Christmas carols during the Macy's Thanksgiving parade was unbelievably depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I'd go as far as to say they were good up until The Distance to Here, but holy dear lord, that drop off to V was one of the worst in music history. Easily one of my least favorite albums of the decade. I remember thinking it was fitting that it was released on 9/11/01.
    V = worse than Riot Act. Agreed Rocke?

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I loved Throwing Copper and Secret Samadhi in high school. Saw them live in 97. Kind of forgot about them nine years ago.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Great photoshop, but it's spelled "NevAr Forget"
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Who still gives a shit about LIVE?
    dead people

I liked Live, and I think that "The Distance To Here" is under-appreciated. I agree that the drop-off to "V" was steep. That's simply a horrible album, and they immediately became irrelevant.
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    dead people
    ... in HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

I remember people talking about Live when I was in 5th grade, but it was about Throwing Copper. This is the first time I have heard of them since. I'm not sure if I am supposed to feel old, or young.

I owned Throwing Copper on cassette and CD...that's how old I am.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    V = worse than Riot Act. Agreed Rocke?
    V makes Riot Act sound like Abbey Road. So yes, I totally agree.
    For your health

Yeah V was pretty much the beginning of the end, but I found Birds of Pray to be at least listenable. Everything after was utter rubbish.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Throwing Copper was kinda awesome. What're all you fags bitching about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

The Distance to Here was as well. All of the other records with the exception of TC weren't very good, although I really like that Lakini's Juice song.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

THE CHAIR!

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    I remember people talking about Live when I was in 5th grade, but it was about Throwing Copper. This is the first time I have heard of them since. I'm not sure if I am supposed to feel old, or young.
    Yeah, that was high school for me. Except that I was doing the talking and the seeing them in concert and such. What I'm saying is you're making me feel old.

But since I haven't care about them in a good decade it might be time to try again. Did they ever release "Cheetah"/"Cheater"? They were playing it live in 1994 saying it was going to be on their next album. Such disappointment when it was on Secret Samadhi.

It was by far the highlight of their show. It ended with "We're breaking up" screamed over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Also, damn, folks, Ed ruled. I was such a fan of his voice.

Also Mental Jewelry was their best album.

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Throwing Copper was kinda awesome.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Also, damn, folks, Ed ruled. I was such a fan of his voice.
    If you caught them live in the 2000's, I would think you might disagree with that statement. I remember catching them about 2 months after September 11. The entire show, he was obviously trying to appeal to a new crowd. Gone were his philosophical ramblings, instead replaced by "We shouldn't talk about war, we should just make babies and stuff." (A direct quote) It was like that all night. What turned me off most though was his attempt to crowbar "Overcome" into the national anthem of September 11. He talked the song up so much before he sang that piece of shit that you would think he singlehandedly healed the world with it. Couple that with the fact he had a crew member drape an American flag over him mid song, and that guy earned a spot on my all-time douche list.
    For your health

I saw Live in concert back in '02 at the Wiltern and they put on a great show. They also played at a Weenie Roast I went to as well a bit earlier than that.

The one song I never heard live though:

"The Weeeeeeavers they live down the street from me. The craaaackheads they live down the street from meeeeeeee........."

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

If you caught them live in the 2000's, I would think you might disagree with that statement. I remember catching them about 2 months after September 11. The entire show, he was obviously trying to appeal to a new crowd. Gone were his philosophical ramblings, instead replaced by "We shouldn't talk about war, we should just make babies and stuff." (A direct quote) It was like that all night. What turned me off most though was his attempt to crowbar "Overcome" into the national anthem of September 11. He talked the song up so much before he sang that piece of shit that you would think he singlehandedly healed the world with it. Couple that with the fact he had a crew member drape an American flag over him mid song, and that guy earned a spot on my all-time douche list.
    WHOA yeah! We were definitely at the same show. And they didn't play Selling the Drama....how the fuck could you omit that song?!? That was what brought them into the limelight. And yeah, Overcome was lame and I remember feeling jipped when that song was over and the house lights came on.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

If you caught them live in the 2000's, I would think you might disagree with that statement.
    Why would I've caught them live in the 00s?