Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Busy- Jan 16 2010 @..............The Hudson lol

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Get Busy- Jan 16 2010 @..............The Hudson lol

I know most of you hate the artists confirmed
    And you either hate the hudson or have heard of the hudson and hated it
    but im only posting this because I saw a rumored lineup which said:

Last edited by WhyTheLongFace; 12-30-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

old school

Default Re: Get Busy- Jan 16 2010 @..............The Hudson lol

hmm Skream/Benga, 12th Planet, 16bit may be enough to drag me to this..

the rest of the dub room and most of the electro room ain't bad.. that dnb room is atrocious though..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

dubstep in full effect man, skream/benga, emalkay, 16-bit, 12th planet, those are some good names... now I've never been to the Hudson, and I haven't heard that many great things, but you guys have your opinions I'm sure.. whats the deal...
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

I've been once.

My opinion might be bias because I already didnt want to go but here's my review.
    I get there. Cops everywhere so I was scared to drink in the parking lot. Walk in and it's one big room and the set up is whatever. Theres a thing called "Raver Rain" it's basically the humidity goes to the ceiling and then comes down and drips on you. Weird thing is it wasnt that hot inside. Lil caged smoking area. Its a big empty place and in the middle is like a floor you can walk up on it its pretty wide and dance theres gogo dancers there and its directly infront of the DJ who is raised near the top.

Then to the left is this small little room thats as big as a classroom. That room sucked. When I went it was just the Hudson. This event is Hudson/Gotham which means it will be twice as big so who knows.

And before you guys go crazy all those acts are confirmed on groovetickets except Skream/Benga. Just a promoter who sent me the link put the names in the 1st list and thats where I saw skream/benga. Plus they keep saying more big special guests will be announced so this is why I believe it will be skream/benga.

Oh yeah and it doesnt attract the most music orientated crowd. But whatever raves are what you make it.

Banned

As much as I hate the Hudson
    (and believe you me, I HATE the Hudson)
    I might go to this, the line up is pretty dope.

The staff there is the worst staff ive ever seen in my entire life. Rude, and even violent at times, for no reason! Dicks

Oh well...I might be able to over look that for such a sick line up
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 11-28-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Where did you see this lineup? I cant find anywhere that says skream and benga are going to be at this.

Original Sin and Taxman FTW though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Clockwork View Post
    Where did you see this lineup? I cant find anywhere that says skream and benga are going to be at this.

Original Sin and Taxman FTW though.
    Read my posts young sir. I never said they are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post

And before you guys go crazy all those acts are confirmed on groovetickets except Skream/Benga. Just a promoter who sent me the link put the names in the 1st list and thats where I saw skream/benga. Plus they keep saying more big special guests will be announced so this is why I believe it will be skream/benga.
    Here

12th Planet said on his facebook that Skream and Benga are coming out for another Scion event in January. So they may come through this show as well. I wouldnt get my hopes up though.

If you dont like Original Sin and Taxman... I dont know what to say to that.

This event is stacked

Massive if youre down for dnb & dubstep
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

Ah, don't I look silly for not catching that. Perhaps I should pay more attention before posting.

I'm going to this regardless of Skream or Benga for Emalkay, Taxman and Original Sin, no doubt.

I just wanted to drop a line concerning Gettin Busy. You can see the complete line-up at Grove tickets. Its a sick line-up. I cant believe how dope the line-up is for this event.

1) LINEUP- first off this is THE SICKEST lineup with dnb and dubstep artists i have EVER seen. not to fail to mention the other artists like Le Castle Vania, Steve Aoki, 12th Planet, Classixx...but since i'm 16 i'm obviously not old enough to go to dnb shows (Sadface!) so this night means pretty much the world to me. dubstep is the music of my heart, whenever i'm down i'll listen to it with my Bose headphones i just rock out wherever i am, weather its at school or on the bus or walking down the street. it always lifts my spirits

2) PRICE- the price for this event is pretty fair, but i've just spent all my money buying christmas presents for friends and family (spread the loooooove <3) so i'm all out of money

3) VENUE- i was just at the Hudson last night at Jingle Beatz. i LOVE the
    venue, its the perfect size. also its a venue where everyone is really
    comfortable in, know how to get to, ect. there's a lot of dancing
    space and usually not very crowded either!

3) VIBES- are gonna be off the hook since theres sooo many different
    stages (with ALL my fav. techno genres) so ravers of all ages are
    attending. i love meeting oldschool ravers, learning about the scene
    way-back-when. they're some of the most interesting people, i think! ^.^

4) ELECTRO and DUBSTEP MAIN STAGE- my best friend and
    i dance almsot every single day to Emalkay and other dubstep artists.
    we're so stoked to finally see them Live and dance to them. we wanna be
    stage dancers one day...we're nothing like your generic stage dancers though; we most definitelly have a FR3SH new twist
    to our moves and wanna get noticed. we're gonna tear up the dance floor

5) it'll my best friend's birthday rave and i'm going with allllll my friends and i'm meeing a grip of PL friends, plus i CANT WAIT to meet everyone else there!!!! the one thing i love almost as much as dancing at raves is MEETING all the other ravers who love the same type of music as i do...trading kandi and dancing with them creates brand new friendships. ALSO it'll be my first rave giving lightshows since my brother gave me his inovas for christmas, so i'm double-teaming with a friend

i wouldnt miss this rave for the world (i'm already blowing-off visiting my aunt in arizona for it haha)
    it'll be my first time going to an event thrown by Obsession Productions and In The Mixx. i'm so fucking stoked!!!!!!

Who ever thinks this party is not going to pop is out of their minds. therre is no much talent that Im going out of my mind just on deciding what room to go to.

Banned

Are you smoking rocks? the hudson is one of the worst venue's in SoCal for EDM

and wtf? blowing off your aunt? you're heartless dude

Whatever, u can have your oppinions. And by the look of you what r u doing in the rave seen at your age old man. Rapist!!!!

U look like U r on crack old man!! Please don't go to gettin busy, I will have to bring mace to protect myself!

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

That's a fucking wretched D&B lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by foxy6999 View Post
    Whatever, u can have your oppinions. And by the look of you what r u doing in the rave seen at your age old man. Rapist!!!!
    U look like U r on crack old man!! Please don't go to gettin busy, I will have to bring mace to protect myself!
    16?
    more like 13

learn2insult, chump

The fact that you dont know who tyrone biggums is is laughable.
    Did you grow up in a bubble?
    Oh how I pity you, little boy.

I just wanted to drop a line concerning Gettin Busy. You can see the complete line-up at Grove tickets. Its a sick line-up. I cant believe how dope the line-up is for this event.

1) LINEUP- first off this is THE SICKEST lineup with dnb and dubstep artists i have EVER seen. not to fail to mention the other artists like Le Castle Vania, Steve Aoki, 12th Planet, Classixx...but since i'm 16 i'm obviously not old enough to go to dnb shows (Sadface!) so this night means pretty much the world to me. dubstep is the music of my heart, whenever i'm down i'll listen to it with my Bose headphones i just rock out wherever i am, weather its at school or on the bus or walking down the street. it always lifts my spirits

2) PRICE- the price for this event is pretty fair, but i've just spent all my money buying christmas presents for friends and family (spread the loooooove <3) so i'm all out of money

3) VENUE- i was just at the Hudson last night at Jingle Beatz. i LOVE the
    venue, its the perfect size. also its a venue where everyone is really
    comfortable in, know how to get to, ect. there's a lot of dancing
    space and usually not very crowded either!

3) VIBES- are gonna be off the hook since theres sooo many different
    stages (with ALL my fav. techno genres) so ravers of all ages are
    attending. i love meeting oldschool ravers, learning about the scene
    way-back-when. they're some of the most interesting people, i think! ^.^

4) ELECTRO and DUBSTEP MAIN STAGE- my best friend and
    i dance almsot every single day to Emalkay and other dubstep artists.
    we're so stoked to finally see them Live and dance to them. we wanna be
    stage dancers one day...we're nothing like your generic stage dancers though; we most definitelly have a FR3SH new twist
    to our moves and wanna get noticed. we're gonna tear up the dance floor

5) it'll my best friend's birthday rave and i'm going with allllll my friends and i'm meeing a grip of PL friends, plus i CANT WAIT to meet everyone else there!!!! the one thing i love almost as much as dancing at raves is MEETING all the other ravers who love the same type of music as i do...trading kandi and dancing with them creates brand new friendships. ALSO it'll be my first rave giving lightshows since my brother gave me his inovas for christmas, so i'm double-teaming with a friend

i wouldnt miss this rave for the world (i'm already blowing-off visiting my aunt in arizona for it haha)
    it'll be my first time going to an event thrown by Obsession Productions and In The Mixx. i'm so fucking stoked!!!!!!
    Can u go back 2 plurlife plz? jw.

U R right about the show!!! It is awesome. It just suck how people are haters in this world. They have no lives nor no money to put an event like this! So they talk shit. They r not able or capable of puttin on a great show. The people putting gettin busy together have thousands of dollars invested, give them some respect PLUR Please.

If you dont want to go, just dont go!! Have some respect!! Stop bothering the people that want to enjoy the show, have fun, dance and enjoy the hard effort that the people from gettin busy has put forth in trying to make the best event possible. If you can do better then just do it! Put out the $80,000 to $120,000 and put on a better show. If not ---Not hating!!!! It will be a fun night!!

Ya, I know who he is!!! I am alot older than u think! 16 or 13 Im in my 30's sonny!!!! Im making a point!!!! If he hates the Hudson and the party just dont go!!! People dont need the negativity there.

Banned

And I quote,

Now shut up you annoying prick, you're mucking up this thread.
    Run along and play, child.

I think Ron D. Core above describes it best.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

U R right about the show!!! It is awesome. It just suck how people are haters in this world. They have no lives nor no money to put an event like this! So they talk shit. They r not able or capable of puttin on a great show. The people putting gettin busy together have thousands of dollars invested, give them some respect PLUR Please.

If you dont want to go, just dont go!! Have some respect!! Stop bothering the people that want to enjoy the show, have fun, dance and enjoy the hard effort that the people from gettin busy has put forth in trying to make the best event possible. If you can do better then just do it! Put out the $80,000 to $120,000 and put on a better show. If not ---Not hating!!!! It will be a fun night!!
    Get the hell out of here. How the fuck can you call this the greatest lineup you've ever seen? Go spam your bullshit somewhere else. We don't give a fuck. You suck. But this lineup sucks even more.

This comment is for Crazzzz, Your just haters, get a job and real life. You dont even know who u r talking to. If you did you would not talk like that at all. Thats the mistery of the internet. You think you r talking to a 16 yr old. But thats not the case. However, If you dont like gettin busy then stay home, or go to the only other show that night, which is just O.K.. with me. I not like hanging out with asshole jerks who put down people all the time. So, I will say the same to you! Why dont u shut the fuck up and go somewhere else and promo ur bullshit. If you dont like it and have a problem. I will Be at gettin busy, and I will be at the front door with my crew. Just yell out foxy and I will come to you. Youll will then be in for a big surprise my negitive friend.
    I forgot you can put a better show together. Then try. U know how many hours it takes. U have no idea.
    PLUR is not appling on this site.!!!!

lolz
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

Lol if you think this lineup sucks youre a fucking idiot.

That said. I believe this event will be shut down...
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by truths View Post
    Lol if you think this lineup sucks youre a fucking idiot.

That said. I believe this event will be shut down...
    Why? I don't think I've ever heard of a Hudson rave getting shut down besides the time a promoter tried to screw over the venue.

considering this event is lacking Caspa, Rusko, Nero, Benga, Bassnectar, Joker, Skream!, or Foamo hardly makes it the best dubstep event ive ever seen. Emalkay has "When I Look At You" which is a dope song but he is middle of the field at best. Nocturnal by having Skream! and Benga sets was far superior then this
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY