Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children at Coachella

Default Children at Coachella

Hey folks. I just found out my wife is pregnant (unplanned but not a horrible thing). Due date is March 24th so obviously we won't be making it this year, it will be the first year since 2006 we won't be able to attend . I have seen a lot of people with kids there though and I was wondering if you all have any advice about bringing kids. We rock climb in Joshua tree through the cool season so it won't be a shock to the child (or us) to be out and about in the desert. Whats a good age to start bringing them? What items (the inobvious items that is) are good to have along? Any advice on ear plugs? . So any ways, all advice appreciated!

PS: I will beat you smart asses to the punch, don't say leave them at home, haha. I know one of you jerks will still say it but that's okay it's to be expected here.

Default Re: Children at Coachella

consider not starting threads out negatively. It sets a poor tone and atmosphere. But I wish you well on your journey...a thousand desert arab language blessings for you, my friend. Go in peace.
    *there are plans, but they have no dates*

So your wife is pregnant. Who's the daddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

can foresee a 'white couple/half black baby family picture where the Dad still somehow forces a smile thus successfully masking his internal perplexion and growing anger' photo coming here soon. God, I love those so much for some reason. I know it's unhealthy.

he can't even stand to look at him anymore!

There are quite a few threads about this already, OP. Unless you want us to rehash and recycle the same argument.

No, Coachella is a place for young people to do drugs, don't take your kids you fucking selfish asshat. It's loud and they will become deaf, but will never become as talented as Mr. Holland's kid.

Yes, just be safe, protect their ears with heavy duty ear muffs. Don't nurse in front of the sound speakers. Don't change diapers in the middle of the Sahara. It's awesome to expose your children to cultural events such as this, but don't pat yourself on the back if they become some sort of inspired musician or artist, it's probably a genetic mutation that your child rearing had nothing to do with.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Rent a house and bring out your / her parents. Enjoy the fest by yourselves.

Just like how you are supposed to put on your oxygen mask before helping your children with theirs, sometimes in life you need to help yourself first.

I hear next year's scavenger hunt includes the shattered bones of an innocent babe. Something to consider (especially if you're in it to win it).

Anyone that brings their kids (and by kids, I mean under 13 and even 13,14 or 15 is pushing it) is nothing more than a selfish jackass forcing their music pleasures on their kids. Even the kids that "love" music aren't even remotely close to handling 34-38 hours of that crowd in that heat.

I have a little girl who is turning 7 and when she saw my Coachella pics and video from this year she was upset I couldn't take her. I explained to her she has to wait until she's older. She was bummed for about 2 seconds and then went back to playing her DS.

Some parents are just too self-centered and disconnected from childhood to understand what a child can and should handle.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Ugh, I'm so tired of people's opinions and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Ugh, I'm so tired of people's opinions and shit.
    So, where do you propose we take our shit-stained opinions, Algunz? Do you think another message board will have us? You know, take us in under their thread titles, nurse us all back into society?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Anyone that brings their kids (and by kids, I mean under 13 and even 13,14 or 15 is pushing it) is nothing more than a selfish jackass forcing their music pleasures on their kids. Even the kids that "love" music aren't even remotely close to handling 34-38 hours of that crowd in that heat.
    Ya cause I'm gonna come when gates open, push my way to the front of every crowd with child in tow, stay till 1am, blow smoke in his/her face and shoot up heroin in front of them! C'mon you fucking morons get a clue. No shit a child can't handle the entire time at Coachella. I didn't ask for your rantings about how much of a dick I am for ASKING a question about kids at Coachella. Playa del wes thanks for the only decent post in here, also Algunz I agree with you completely. The majority of you people on here are social retards that spend far too much time linking pictures of donkeys and starting flame wars about the most ridiculous of subjects. In the 5 years I have been to Coachella I would have never guessed that the same great people I have met there could be any of you. I suppose anonymity and an audience can turn even the best people into complete and utter elitist douchebags. Thank you all for showing me the error in signing up for a forum I had assumed would be far less irritating. So in conclusion, get a life and go fuck yourselves!

You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytime Toker View Post
    Ya cause I'm gonna come when gates open, push my way to the front of every crowd with child in tow, stay till 1am, blow smoke in his/her face and shoot up heroin in front of them! C'mon you fucking morons get a clue. No shit a child can't handle the entire time at Coachella. I didn't ask for your rantings about how much of a dick I am for ASKING a question about kids at Coachella. Playa del wes thanks for the only decent post in here, also Algunz I agree with you completely. The majority of you people on here are social retards that spend far too much time linking pictures of donkeys and starting flame wars about the most ridiculous of subjects. In the 5 years I have been to Coachella I would have never guessed that the same great people I have met there could be any of you. I suppose anonymity and an audience can turn even the best people into complete and utter elitist douchebags. Thank you all for showing me the error in signing up for a forum I had assumed would be far less irritating. So in conclusion, get a life and go fuck yourselves!
    Would you be interested in signing up for a future Parent of the Year Award?

I think the best age to bring to your child is 18. Especially because the fest will be 18+ in '11.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

18+ would be really nice. We had a great time with Izzy for the few hours she was there in 09. I'd take her back in a second, but not at the sacrifice of an 18+ crowd.

Well, I was just stirring the pot a bit. It really is a shame considering that Izzy is probably more responsible than the "all ages" folks the 18+ rule is meant to keep away.

Funny you say that Wes is the only one who helped when Cara gave you all responses you would get, whether they be yes or no.

Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

i don't bring children to coachella...i make children at coachella. watch out, ladies.

I know one of you jerks will still say it but that's okay it's to be expected here.
    Let me get this straight...we're jerks for telling you something that is absolutely reasonable and what any half-way decent parent would already know.....

Don't be a fucking dirt bag. Don't bring your kids to Coachella. Put the money towards your child's development and try to make up for your lack of competence as a parent, human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

So in conclusion, get a life and go fuck yourselves!
    What did you expect? Are you mad because we didn't reinforce your shitty decision making? I'm sure you have some redeaming qualities, but from just reading your posts in this thread you seem like an ass-hole. Forget about Coachella, focus on what you're going to do as a parent. Sign up for a board that focuses on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Well, I was just stirring the pot a bit. It really is a shame considering that Izzy is probably more responsible than the "all ages" folks the 18+ rule is meant to keep away.
    You're right. Instead of 18+ it should be "No one ages 14-17"
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    18+ would be really nice. We had a great time with Izzy for the few hours she was there in 09. I'd take her back in a second, but not at the sacrifice of an 18+ crowd.
    They have no clue Gunz. Someone said the parents were selfish, no I think it is the people saying don't bring kids to the show. Sure there is all the things you have to do and not do, but that goes anywhere with a kidlet. Just my imo but been there done that thru about 10 kids or grandkids. Just sayin ...
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

21+

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    21+
    NO.

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

35+

Geezerchella!!!!!

21+ would actually be superb. It will never happen (18+ might even be too much to ask) but I bet GV could still sell 55k - 60k tix.

I don't think kids should be anywhere that adults go to let their hair down. I hate seeing kids in a bar to though. I just don't think kids should be in that wild environment. I also don't like to let my kids see me drunk or on drugs, or any one else's kids for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.