Thread: Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

Default Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

I booked a campsite there for the festival... looking for some drinkin buddies.

Default Re: Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

Is that a gay retreat/bathhouse? Sounds like a place I dont want to go to.

ass. its a camping resort.

http://samsfamilyspa.com/

hmm the guy in the logo looks suspect. Keep him away from the kids.

can you still book, i wonder?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Camping! It'll be great.

Hi, how far is this from the festival? Seriously stuck for somewhere to camp; if it's not too far me and my friends will definately consider it.

this place might be cool if it wasnt 40 min from festival without any traffic
    BABY ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWER GROW UP FAST!

hmm... google maps put it at 30, but w/e. yeah these hot springs look like a great place to party at after the shows.

so there are still plenty of campsites, you can reserve on the website through "RV Reservations" and pick tent camping. BTW my friend and I have a full size rental car booked, if ppl need to carpool.

Just so you know - taking Dillon Road is a great "back door" into the festival - little traffic, it keeps you off the crowded 10 freeway, and it turns into 48th Avenue on the eastern side of the festival. Turn south down Jackson, then a right (west) onto 52nd Avenue and you're there. Easy in, easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post
    Just so you know - taking Dillon Road is a great "back door" into the festival - little traffic, it keeps you off the crowded 10 freeway, and it turns into 48th Avenue on the eastern side of the festival. Turn south down Jackson, then a right (west) onto 52nd Avenue and you're there. Easy in, easy out.
    Hmm... so it is. I'm liking this campground more and more.

I stupidly put off buying my camping pass, and I have to agree, this place looks pretty cute. The only downside is having no f.cking car to get around in.
    Young people everywhere have been allowed to choose between love and a garbage disposal unit. Everywhere they have chosen the garbage disposal unit. - Debord

in a cage, and other dark, tight quarters

Talking Re: Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

Hey, we are staying at Sam's.. 4 of us. Way better than staying at that hellhole onsite campground (Karli, you did NOT make a mistake!). Anyone staying there, PM us for the 411 on the margarita buckets...yeeeeahhh!
    let's Par-tay!

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOFACE View Post
    this place might be cool if it wasnt 40 min from festival without any traffic
    you are from chicago...what do you know about this?
    soy de san diego...soy in the know

Talking Re: Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

Oh man, I totally want to stay here! Every summer I go to Japan for the Rising Sun Rock Festival and we go as a huge group to a hot spring. This year, two of my friends are coming to the states for Coachella, so this seems like pretty much the best possible place to go (especially since we were too slow in buying campsite tickets). Assuming they're down with this idea and I can make a reservation, it would be awesome to meet up with anyone else staying here.

Arrow Re: Who else is staying at Sam's Spa???

Huh... I called them, and they said that I don't need a reservation, that if we show up, they'll have space. So...... I don't suppose anyone has room in their car for three more??? If I need to, I'll rent a car, but carpooling would be much more convenient. Either way, we'll definetely be staying at Sam's Spa, so let's meet up and make this festival even awesomer!!

looks like a good place to stay. . .

you bet it is!

Lurker

hi could someone tell me just how far this place is from festival as we're keen to stay there

Quote Originally Posted by linzers View Post
    hi could someone tell me just how far this place is from festival as we're keen to stay there
    it's about a half hour away, apparently down some of the lower-traffic backroads.

Lurker

for anyone staying at sams spa, how you getting to coachella, driving? we should have hire car but that means no drinking!

Lurker

i'm staying at sam's spa too! i dont have an RV though... i reserved it just for tents. cost me about $114 for three days and 4 people. not too shabby. cheaper than coachella camping too. looking forward to it! anybody staying there is more than welcome to come to my tent and have some of my tijuana tea! lol i'm also communting to coachella and back... i have an nissan xterra.... so i can squeeze some people in there as well.

we stayed at sam's last year. 2 of my friends got bumbusted in the spa while I was gangraped while helping sam change a flat tire on one his Rvs - watch your ass...

Quote Originally Posted by shoveitupmytoolbox View Post
    we stayed at sam's last year. 2 of my friends got bumbusted in the spa while I was gangraped while helping sam change a flat tire on one his Rvs - watch your ass...
    HAHAHA!

I just called them and they're still saying that no reservation is required. Just show up and sign in when you get there! Their front desk is open until 10pm for those of you who want to show up late on Thursday, which is what I'm doing.

Also, I will have a car with me with 3 empty seats in it so anyone who wants to carpool is welcome. All I'd ask for in return is some liquor or ganja. Can't wait to see you all there!

-Mike

Yeah, it looks like this is where I'll be staying with my 3 friends too!!! We will have 1 car that is full so no need for rides, but if anyone wants to discuss shit, feel free to PM me. I'm sure we can hang out there...it won't be hard to find the Coachella people. Let me know. GO SAM!

I think when we stayed there before, we showed up without reservations. But, just to make sure, we reserved a space this year on the website. I guess you cannot pick your spot ahead of time, but at least it guarantees you a spot somewhere. This place was not very crowded at all last year, but since coachella is sold out this year, we wanted to make sure.
    The half hour drive is well worth it...once you leisurely stroll into the festival after spending the morning in the hot tubs and taking a real shower, having had a tasty barbecue dinner the night before (because you can have a bbq), and you see all those drunk kids squatting in coachella's parking lot "campground", scented by port-a-potty, you'll be glad you didnt stay there. The only advantage to onsite camping is that you can drink til you puke all day long at the festival...but is that really an advantage when the guy camping next to you drank til he puked as well?