Thread: DJ Shadow?

Default DJ Shadow?

I remember DJ Shadow was closing out the Outdoor Theater Friday Night of 2007. I remember it was supposed to start somewhere around 11:15pm and when me and my buddy got there at about 11:40pm it looked like he still hadn't started and nothing was going on. So, me and my buddy went back to the campgrounds for the night.

How was his show? What is he like live?

Default Re: DJ Shadow?

His Halloween (dj set) was a snooze

He's a mere shadow of his old self.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

i too didnt stick around for his set but i have been a huge fan for years. It was my first COACHELLA and exhaustion and inexperience got the best of me....

If you want a great depiction of his live performance try and get a copy of his DVD Live! In Tune and On Time
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by NickyRudy View Post
    I remember DJ Shadow was closing out the Outdoor Theater Friday Night of 2007. I remember it was supposed to start somewhere around 11:15pm and when me and my buddy got there at about 11:40pm it looked like he still hadn't started and nothing was going on. So, me and my buddy went back to the campgrounds for the night.

How was his show? What is he like live?
    First of all, I totally love this man and his music. That being said, 07 was a letdown. I actually kind of regretted completely missing Bjork (ouch). To be fair, I think it had as much if not more to do with technical issues and him starting late... but it was like, "come on, its a fucking DJ rig, how hard can it be to set up?" Standing there forever definitely makes it harder to have a good time... he played some big tunes, some of my favorites, but all in all it was relatively boring compared to someone like Krush or Z-Trip. And I don't even like Z-Trip.

Still, his music is amazing, and he should definitely get another chance.
    Let me see what you're workin with

Mittens plays records--> http://soundcloud.com/stunmo/set-styles-on-stun
    http://soundcloud.com/mittens/funky-bizness

vinylmartyr

Where's Erik?

i love shadow. first time i saw him was in '02 at the fillmore in sf. amazing show. brought out a live drummer and his setlist was incredible, he blended 2 minutes to midnight with high noon and it was epic.
    saw him again in at the greek theatre open for massive attack in '06 i think. the first half was great then the second half was all guest appearances and mostly stuff off "the outsider" which is such a monumentally shitty album compared to his other stuff.
    caught the last 10 mins of his set at coachella in 07 after i finished watching bjork. seemed like it was good but not great.
    i absolutely love shadow's older stuff and maybe an early evening set in a tent at coach would be fun, but i'm still waiting for some new good music from him to really peak my interest
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

hrmmmmmm