Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Justified Murder: The Thread!

Default Re: Justified Murder: The Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    We can agree to disagree.

I just find it sad because I know from past experience that child molestation is a very hard crime to prosecute. First off there are thousands of victims that never even come forward because it usually ends up being a family member or family friend, then you have a young child as a witness that is for the most part not that reliable because they usually don't even know what has happened. So these fuckers are allowed to walk around among our children, commiting the same crime over and over. It is not something they will ever "recover" from, they will always have those urges. But because of our "system" and our bleeding hearts these guys will continue ruining lives.
    If the victim doesn't come forward then that is not the fault of the system. The law is a fragile thing. We have to be very careful that we don't just put anybody behind bars because they were accused of a crime. Unfortunately, you will get holes in the system and some people get away with things. It's not ideal, but the standards should be reasonably high when talking about prosecution. Especially when the death penalty is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    that still has nothing to do with "bleeding hearts" at least not in the sense that I understand that phrase to mean (a government which is too permissive and 'soft on crime').
    ok how about emotional attachments? Sorry, damn technicalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    One name.... OJ Simpson...

We all are more then confident he did it but was let off scott free. Where's you're just and almighty judicial system there?
    ummm. what?

I am saying that I do NOT trust the judicial system to get things right.

You offer as rebuttal an example of exactly what I am talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

One name.... OJ Simpson...

We all are more then confident he did it but was let off scott free. Where's you're just and almighty judicial system there?
    We all are confident that he did it, but how many of us were witnesses. OJ Simpson may or may not be guilty, but you can't put him away because the general public thinks he did it.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

So these fuckers are allowed to walk around among our children, commiting the same crime over and over. It is not something they will ever "recover" from, they will always have those urges. But because of our "system" and our bleeding hearts these guys will continue ruining lives.
    We have a law that mandates any registered sex offender (a VERY ambiguous term) must display a photo, description and his address on the internet for anyone to see. I think we are plenty tough on sex offenders.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Reasonable Doubt; anyone familiar with it?
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Me personally, none. A decent number of family members have and I don't know if those west coast prisons are nicer than here in the midwest but my uncle who did the most time (9 years) said he'd rather have gone back to Vietnam than go back to prison. So I assume if Nam was better than prison than you really can't compare that to college.
    To be quite honest, I had never been in any trouble or jail until my situation occurred. And maybe I anticipated the same thing you guys seem to think prison is...punishment. The jail system was punishment enough for me, believe that. I was terrified of what prison was gonna be on my way there. Like I said, there were no frat parties and football games, but I wasn't eating off the floor, nor staring at a blank wall with my crime being the only thing on my mind. It's certainly not Hravrd or Yale, but guess what? I feel I got as much education during my time in facing the real world as many of you college kids will ever dream of having.

As a female Id rather be murdered then live with a lifetime of emotional dis-stress, a multitude of probable health issues and/or bringing an unwanted bastard child into the world.

The fact is sex offenders and namely child molesters are not likely to be rehabilitated. Statistics show child molesters once released from prison will be likely to molest again.

I don't believe letting someone rot in jail for a sex crime or murder is even fair. You took a or multiple lives, molested or raped people... To me you are a waste of space, a despicable example of a human being and should be put into an incinerator and never exist again.
    So you think death is easier than emotional distress. Why, exactly do you support the death penalty then? Do you not think those in prison go through plenty of emotional distress (despite what BD has said about college dorms)?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Yup. That's the only Jay-Z album I listen to anymore.

And the concept of reasonable doubt is lost on a lot of people. It's there for very good reasons.

It's one of his best albums, what about it?

edit: fucker beat me to the uber lame joke
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    but guess what? I feel I got as much education during my time in facing the real world as many of you college kids will ever dream of having.
    So you are saying this was almost a rehabilitation experience? hmmm

Just for the record though women's prisons are generally way nicer than men's. The women's prison here has a bowling alley, a movie theatre, and is across the street from my elementary school I went to and there isn't even a fence.

None of you bloodthirsty Republicans has bothered to address this point. Therefore I win.
    I assure you, one of the basic Republican philosophies is precisely what you are arguing - that the government should have as little power as possible and should always be watched. Whether modern-day Republicans hold true to this is another story.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I don't think modern day republicans know what they believe anymore. It's all propaganda and rage and stupidity. This is a change that has happened in the last 20 years. Contrast Bush 1 to Bush 2. night and day.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    We have a law that mandates any registered sex offender (a VERY ambiguous term) must display a photo, description and his address on the internet for anyone to see. I think we are plenty tough on sex offenders.
    Yes, but knowing where a sex offender lives and what he looks like isn't going to stop him from molesting a child. He is free to be in public, around our children, working for companies that have ties to children, I read a story a while back about a man who was a registered sex offender who was working as an assistant coach for little league because the company didn't do a background check. As a parent how would you know that?

I just think that we are way too busy worrying about the rights of the guilty and not enough time worrying about the rights of the innocent.

Yes, you are correct. And Democrats seem to be finally revealing what they've always believed - nanny state here we come.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Republicans want the government to step in when it's convenient for them. Like reversing a 35+-year old Supreme Court ruling or much of the legislation after 9/11.

uh oh, on to politics... peace out.

Can we get back to murder?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I just think that we are way too busy worrying about the rights of the guilty and not enough time worrying about the rights of the innocent.
    It's not about the rights of the guilty, it's more about the rights of the potentially innocent. The "rights" of the guilty are a byproduct of trying to have a fair judicial system. Something of this magnitude is not going to be perfect.

Yes, but knowing where a sex offender lives and what he looks like isn't going to stop him from molesting a child. He is free to be in public, around our children, working for companies that have ties to children, I read a story a while back about a man who was a registered sex offender who was working as an assistant coach for little league because the company didn't do a background check. As a parent how would you know that?
    Under most circumstances they are not allowed anywhere near children, and if a school doesn't do a background check that's their own incompetence and they should be fired as well.

Also not all sex offenders are child molesters

just sayin

Oh yeah - I don't know what the average sentences are for different types of sex offenders, but I assume that they're too light for rapists and too harsh for public nudity.

The rights of the innocent and the guilty are the same once the sentence has been served. I am not sure Megan's Law is constitutional but I have a hunch it isn't. However, I guess you could describe it as part of the sentence, I don't know.

But the important thing is that a punishment is what it is for a reason - no one should be damned for life without a second chance no matter what they've done. If they've done their time they have every right as you and me.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

FLASHERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

It wasn't a school, just a private company, and yes they were in deep shit.

And that whole law has a few kinks if you ask me. I knew someone who peed on a dumpster and had to register as a sex offender due to public indecency. Crazy.

Same with urinating in public. So I hear anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Republicans want the government to step in when it's convenient for them. Like reversing a 35+-year old Supreme Court ruling or much of the legislation after 9/11.
    Meh. Both sides are equally guilty of opportunism, don't fool yourself. The Republicans and Democrats were both responsible for the Patriot Act (Joe Biden ring a bell?). Roe v. Wade is unconstitutional, but it's been 35 years so we'd look silly changing it now.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

It wasn't a school, just a private company, and yes they were in deep shit.

And that whole law has a few kinks if you ask me. I knew someone who peed on a dumpster and had to register as a sex offender due to public indecency. Crazy.
    Public sex, groping, peeing, just running around in the buff, checking yourself for breast cancer, it'll all take away your personal liberties.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I think you're spending too much time worrying about retribution, and not enough thinking about the actual purpose of the legal system: to protect the innocent. Locking someone up forever protects people the same as killing them does, but its actually cheaper and (we believe) more humane.

The justice system is not for institutionalized revenge. That's certainly not what I'm paying for.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 10-30-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

STREAKING
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    The standard for the government should be how murderers treat their victims? Shouldn't people with the capacity to be reasonable and think things through exercise those things and not lower themselves to a criminal level?
    I hate to tell you, but our Government doesn't have the capacity you're giving it credit for. Why do you think killers get 25-life, or 15-life? The Government basis that on how the victime were treated.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Which explains how the gal who lived in the backyard for 20+ years must be thinking?

So you are saying this was almost a rehabilitation experience? hmmm

Just for the record though women's prisons are generally way nicer than men's. The women's prison here has a bowling alley, a movie theatre, and is across the street from my elementary school I went to and there isn't even a fence.
    No, it WAS a rehabilitating experience. I took drug courses, and any other options to better myself. But, I'm sensing the confusion here...We're heading off into crimes that didn't involve taking the life or lives of innocent people. Random acts of heinous violent crime and crimes that can be controlled if done correctly are way different animals...
    And if there isn't a fence around the prison across the street and there's a movie theatre and bowling alley, how much different than living on a college campus is that, other then having the freedom to go further taken away? Axe murderers and child killers aren't housed in minimum security prisons, but they certainly aren't living in total squalor either. The only reason they don't have a bowkling alley is because the sickest of the criminals wouldn't throw the balls down the alley, they'd toss them at each other for fun.

Actually they do house murderers at that particular prison I remember once when I was younger one escaped to go see the free Smashing Pumpkins concert that night.