Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The What does Kroqken look like thread??

Default Re: The What does Kroqken look like thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    People still use myspace?
    I still use MySpace and most Generation Y folks (Millenials) still use MySpace. Facebook draws an older crowd on average.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I still use MySpace and most Generation Y folks (Millenials) still use MySpace. Facebook draws an older crowd on average.
    I'm 18 and not many people I know (including myself) still use myspace. Almost all of my friends use facebook only.

You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

old school

I was watching Boondock Saints today in school and instantly though of KROQKEN when I saw the Italian dude...

Is Ken mentally challenged? I just dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Salad. This a requisite of Coachella Board Membership. Heelllloooo!

I'm shooting for my Charter Membership...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. one way or another, its entertaining. he seems like a cool dude. mentally challenged though.

i honestly cant tell if he's joking or not in all seriousness. whatever thats worth on this board.

Did you type all that or was it a cut and paste?
    this for example. is this the best joke of all time, or is he just a little slow?

He's like Andy Kauffman. I'd say a genious, not mentally challenged.

oic. that makes sense now. thanks GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post

Ken during Against Me in 2007.
    I only saw Against Me because Placebo were playing after them. Leslie Simon writes about Against Me fans in her book Wish You Were Here.

Good for you Ken for being a fan of Mika Miko!!! I love them. The Drummer and I go way back. We used to be roomates for a while.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

vinylmartyr

Ken admits he has aspergers syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Ken admits he has aspergers syndrome.
    I prematurely admitted that. After seeing 2 psychiatrists and going through therapy, I do NOT have aspergers. I have an unspecified nervous disorder, according to the Diagnositcs and Statistics Manuel (DSM) along with traits of obcessive compulive personality disorder (NOT the full blown disorder and not obcessive compulsive disorder, which is different from obcessive compulsive personality disorder).

Why do I not have aspergers? The psychiatrist said I can carry on a conversation and look people in the high. I am also functional and able to hold a job. In addition, unlike aspergers people with very narrow interests, I have broad interests. He even told me that politics and music are both broad subjects, not narrow at all. In additon, people with aspergers lack empathy. Not me, I care for the feelings of others and have cared deeply for certain in my life, not just myself. I only used to say I had apsergers because laypeople assuemd I did and I just went along, not knowing any better. However, I decided to really find out for myself. Thank you Airport Marina Counseling in Westchester, California. My therapist, Daniel Ulin, looked a little like Morrissey.

Ken, you just don't know when to stop...and what not to reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    Good for you Ken for being a fan of Mika Miko!!! I love them. The Drummer and I go way back. We used to be roomates for a while.
    Mika Miko was great when I saw them and I am sad they are voluntarily breaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Ken, you just don't know when to stop...and what not to reveal.
    I only brought up the aspergers in response to a previous post. By the way, we have almost the same number of posts on here, historically speaking.

Master Kenneth:

I have known you for almost 19 years. I can state that, while you might possess a few traits that are contrary to the textbook Asperger's case, you still have it.

I am not a psychologist. However, as your friend for nearly 2 decades, I was floored when I read the description of many symptoms of Asperger's. It was like I was reading a near-comprehensive list of your odd behaviors that I had witnessed over the years.

For example:

Unlike those with autism, people with AS are not usually withdrawn around others; they approach others, even if awkwardly. For example a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a need for privacy or haste to leave. This social awkwardness has been called "active but odd". This failure to react appropriately to social interaction may appear as disregard for other people's feelings, and may come across as insensitive.
    The above is very much a description of you. You are not shy by any means. However, you are infamous for engaging in "long-winded, one-sided speeches", where you state your opinion but do not care about anyone else's responses. You also will blurt out insulting, blunt statements at times, even if you don't mean to offend. You are more commenting on what you are observing, without regard for the consequences.

Pursuit of specific and narrow areas of interest is one of the most striking features of AS. Individuals with AS may collect volumes of detailed information on a relatively narrow topic such as dinosaurs or members of Congress, without necessarily having genuine understanding of the broader topic. For example, a child might memorize camera model numbers while caring little about photography. This behavior is usually apparent by grade school, typically age 5 or 6 in the United States. Although these special interests may change from time to time, they typically become more unusual and narrowly focused, and often dominate social interaction so much that the entire family may become immersed. Because narrow topics often capture the interest of children, this symptom may go unrecognized.
    Even though topics such as politics and music cannot be considered "narrow interests", the rest very much applies to you. You become obsessed with a few different subject areas and seek to learn all you can about them, often to the neglect of many other basic areas in life. You also develop peculiar obsessions with seemingly meaningless endeavors, such as accumulating over 56,000 "friends" on Myspace. When I have asked you why you enjoy accumulating meaningless "friends" (especially given that most are bots/spam or bands/businesses), you cannot explain why it appeals to you.

However, the biggest similarity to the above is your desire to learn specific details about subjects you have little interest in, such as the camera example above. In my case, you have picked my brain to learn the names of all well-known poker pros. You also want a constantly-updated list on the online poker sites allowing US players. At the same time, you don't know how to play poker, nor do you have any desire to learn. Textbook Asperger's right there.

Stereotyped and repetitive motor behaviors are a core part of the diagnosis of AS and other ASDs. They include hand movements such as flapping or twisting, and complex whole-body movements. These are typically repeated in longer bursts and look more voluntary or ritualistic than tics, which are usually faster, less rhythmical and less often symmetrical.
    How many times have people commented about the odd ways that you stand, or how you move? Doesn't the above sound a lot like the description of what you do?

Three aspects of communication patterns are of clinical interest: poor prosody, tangential and circumstantial speech, and marked verbosity. Although inflection and intonation may be less rigid or monotonic than in autism, people with AS often have a limited range of intonation: speech may be unusually fast, jerky or loud. Speech may convey a sense of incoherence; the conversational style often includes monologues about topics that bore the listener, fails to provide context for comments, or fails to suppress internal thoughts. Individuals with AS may fail to monitor whether the listener is interested or engaged in the conversation. The speaker's conclusion or point may never be made, and attempts by the listener to elaborate on the speech's content or logic, or to shift to related topics, are often unsuccessful.
    Anyone who reads the above would think we're talking about you. You possess almost all of these traits.

Need I go on?

Trust me, Ken, you have Asperger's.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Trust me, Ken, you have Asperger's.
    woah. shit just got real.
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Everything I post involves some form of getting real.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

B-b-b-b-baby.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

In additon, people with aspergers lack empathy. Not me, I care for the feelings of others and have cared deeply for certain in my life, not just myself.
    That's sympathy. Sympathy is feeling sorry and caring for others and how they feel. Empathy is being able to feel what they feel and understand it; taking a walk in their shoes.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Found this on the cats Myspace:

Very BrokenDoll-esque
    *snickers* Whatever makes you say that? LOL
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I prematurely admitted that. After seeing 2 psychiatrists and going through therapy, I do NOT have aspergers. I have an unspecified nervous disorder, according to the Diagnositcs and Statistics Manuel (DSM) along with traits of obcessive compulive personality disorder (NOT the full blown disorder and not obcessive compulsive disorder, which is different from obcessive compulsive personality disorder).
    Unspecified nervous disorder? An unspecified nervous disorder sounds kinda scary, but not full blown scary. I guess because it's unspecified, it makes me feel nervous. Can you specify, Ken, whether or not, nervous is a disorder?

Ken does have Aspergers are you kidding me. Read up on Aspbergers on the net and Ken has all the symptoms. He so afraid of change that he feels like at his age of 39 he can't go to Coachella by himself. Even though he has been there 8 times and knows what to expect. He's scared to go by himself. He needs someone to go with him like a babysitter. He afraid to camp not for the reasons most people don't want to camp but because he won't have a place to plug in an alarm clock and he's afraid he won't get up at 5am to be first in line to get in the venue. I said get a battery operated alarm clock. They do make them I have one. He's afraid to take a greyhound bus out there too for some unknown reason. I know people half his age who fly to other states for shows. Is it just me of is Ken being a big child?

If you think he has Aspergers, a documented neurological condition, then why do you describe his symptoms as character flaws and end up by calling him a 'big child'?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.