Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 93

Thread: 2010 resolutions

  1. #1
    Member kindablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    80

    Default 2010 resolutions

    So I've been thinking about my past encounters at Coachella and I've decided to make an effort to be an even better Coachella citizen. I really feel that certain people treat this as more than just a music festival. They treat it as a community, and that's a great feeling. So here are some things I plan to do for 2010:

    Bring a Coachella virgin and put them on the path!

    Meet more people from the boards. They ARE the spirit of community.

    Don't find myself lost when a friend just took a new drug for the first time. (so so SO sorry Nancy!)

    Relax more. I often got so wrapped up in trying to make set times that I wore myself out.

    Finally, I resolve to tether myself to the people I want to be with most. Too many times I found myself alone when I wanted to share some really beautiful experiences with my friends. Texting doesn't work. Cell phones get more and more unreliable as the day wears on.

    Who else can think of something they can contribute to the spirit of the Coachella community?

  2. #2
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    make friends with strangers and make every effort possible to meet up with them in 2011!

  3. #3
    Member Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Technodrome
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    recruit more foot members.

    Technodrome DJ Set 2011

  4. #4
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    these are suggestions and not resolutions per se:

    a: see those folks feverishly looking for water bottles?
    finish your water, give them the bottle!

    b: get there early
    no really, get there at 11am, no crowds, its the field and your feet!

    c: don't overdo it, don't be stupid
    drink your water, wear your sunscreen, take one pill, not 12, remember naked wizard man? well don't be him.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  5. #5
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Hug my friends. I will know even more of you in 2010 than I did in 2009.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    In 08, I thought I met a lot of board members... then 09 happened. Almost every set I went to, I watched with a different board member. It was awesome. I love this place.

    As for my resolution, meet Marco.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  7. #7
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    I would also like to meet Marco. And CASEY. And MATT (aka Gribble). And other people I'm probably forgetting.

    Oh, and actually hug emtgreg instead of awkwardly introducing myself and walking away.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    I tried to meet Marco in 08 AND 09. Im beginning to think he is avoiding me. I would also like to meet Dale Gribble. (I don't call board members by their real name until I have met them. Unless, their board name IS their real name that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
    Meet more people from the boards. They ARE the spirit of community.
    Whoa now, let's not get carried away here...
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Camp this year for the first time! And meet some board members, since I haven't met anyone from the board I didn't already know.

  11. #11
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Remember to drink less beer and eat healthier meals

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,698

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    *DONT FUCK STUPID BITCHES*

    my rez, 2010
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,762

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
    Bring a Coachella virgin and put them on the path!
    This is mine, too.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  14. #14
    Member kindablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    *DONT FUCK STUPID BITCHES*

    my rez, 2010
    amen brotha!
    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    we were all fucking tanked. Kindablue was hilarious.. dude was going 5,000 mph. and i was squirting everyone with beer from my designated coachella beer bottles... was kinda nasty but did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    The guy with horns on his head is kindablue. He was fucking PLUR to the bone.

  15. #15
    Member kindablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Camp this year for the first time! And meet some board members, since I haven't met anyone from the board I didn't already know.
    I think I'm camping for the first time as well. Most of my friends won't do it. I think they're scared of the dark. Bunch of pussies if you ask me.

    As for meeting board members, I'm down. Everyone I've met in real life so far has been amazing! Dale Gribble, Passive Theory, Feather, **NaNcY**, Forza, myself and SO many more (most of us hooked up at the Orb). If I forgot you, sorry. I'm prepared for a beat down if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    we were all fucking tanked. Kindablue was hilarious.. dude was going 5,000 mph. and i was squirting everyone with beer from my designated coachella beer bottles... was kinda nasty but did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    The guy with horns on his head is kindablue. He was fucking PLUR to the bone.

  16. #16
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Almost every set I went to, I watched with a different board member. It was awesome. I love this place.
    perhaps this is a dumb question, but how do you usually meet up with board members? do you guys switch phone numbers or just plan beforehand to meet at a certain place before a set?

    Quote Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
    I think I'm camping for the first time as well. Most of my friends won't do it. I think they're scared of the dark. Bunch of pussies if you ask me.
    come chill with egull and i! we're gonna have an awesome group this year, all first time campers.

  17. #17
    Slave to the Rave feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    6,727

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    RAVE HARDER.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,761

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
    Bring a Coachella virgin and put them on the path!
    I like this one, I am hoping to bring my BF this year. My sister brought me for the first time in 2008 and I have made so many new friends because she waved Prince in front of me. Now I would go even if I didn't care for any of the music.

    My other, be less worried about losing control in front of new friends, sometimes losing control can be fun... or so i have heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  19. #19
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,753

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Become acquainted with the Sahara

    Watch more bands I've never heard of

    Eat something else other than a slice of pizza

    Make it to the boardie group photo!!!

    plant kisses on random raver boys in the sahara (see #1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  20. #20
    Slave to the Rave feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    6,727

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD View Post
    perhaps this is a dumb question, but how do you usually meet up with board members? do you guys switch phone numbers or just plan beforehand to meet at a certain place before a set?
    Very logical and important question. Exchanging phone numbers is key. If there is someone in particular you want to meet, try and get their number beforehand.

    It also helps to stalk the Post Your Picture thread for those random members you will find all over the Polo. We are everywhere.

    There are camping groups, and various meet-ups for bands inside that will be posted in threads. Also you can come for the group picture that Ivankay will arrange before Coachella.

    I guarantee I have met the most board members on this forum. Just have to network
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,761

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Yes, food other then spicy pie, but NEVER NEVER NEVER again try the garlic fries. I get heartburn just thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  22. #22
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,976

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I would also like to meet Marco. And CASEY. And MATT (aka Gribble).


    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I tried to meet Marco in 08 AND 09. Im beginning to think he is avoiding me. I would also like to meet Dale Gribble. (I don't call board members by their real name until I have met them. Unless, their board name IS their real name that is).
    Just call me The Gribzzz.


    Oh, and a resolution. No more beer gardens. Waste of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  23. #23
    Slave to the Rave feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    6,727

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Oh, and a resolution. No more beer gardens. Waste of money.
    Not if everyone else is buying you the beer

    Chugging a beer in the garden behind the Sahara and then running inside to rave is the greatest feeling ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

  24. #24
    Member kindablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD View Post
    come chill with egull and i! we're gonna have an awesome group this year, all first time campers.
    aw, fa sho! Sounds like a plan, Stan!
    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    we were all fucking tanked. Kindablue was hilarious.. dude was going 5,000 mph. and i was squirting everyone with beer from my designated coachella beer bottles... was kinda nasty but did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    The guy with horns on his head is kindablue. He was fucking PLUR to the bone.

  25. #25
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,976

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Not if everyone else is buying you the beer

    Chugging a beer in the garden behind the Sahara and then running inside to rave is the greatest feeling ever.
    Free beer? Turrrrible.

    It's too hot for me to get drunk. Forza and I chugged a bunch of beers before Paul McCartney and I had to break the seal right when he came on. No bueno.

    Drink up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  26. #26
    Member kindablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Not if everyone else is buying you the beer

    Chugging a beer in the garden behind the Sahara and then running inside to rave is the greatest feeling ever.
    Damn right. Free beer always tastes better. Even if it WAS heiniken, there was a really nice Canadian Father/Daughter duo who kept buying me rounds during TVOTR. Hopefully I can return the karma and buy you one next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    we were all fucking tanked. Kindablue was hilarious.. dude was going 5,000 mph. and i was squirting everyone with beer from my designated coachella beer bottles... was kinda nasty but did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    The guy with horns on his head is kindablue. He was fucking PLUR to the bone.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,403

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Have sex with forzapalermo04 and SoulDischarge
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  28. #28

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    RAVE HARDER.
    this is mine also.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie sin213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,191

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    i'm going to resolve to not make resolutions for new year's anymore.

    it's not like i ever keep even one....
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

    Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: 2010 resolutions

    Win the fucking scavenger hunt.

Similar Threads

  1. BIG DAY OUT 2010
    By Duvel in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 09:01 PM
  2. Coachella 09 Resolutions
    By twoheadedboy in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
  3. New Years Resolutions
    By CalmerThanYou in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
  4. Do you have any resolutions?
    By LunaVC in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
  5. New Year's Resolutions.
    By Hannahrain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •