Thread: It's raining scandinavian bands who you probably thought had already split up.

Default It's raining scandinavian bands who you probably thought had already split up.

A-ha split after 25 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8308829.stm

A-ha to break up after 25 years

The band formed in 1982, and scored their first hit three years later
    Pop group A-ha have announced they are to call it a day, just months after scoring a top 10 album in the UK.

"We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale," the group said in a statement.

The trio added that the split would allow them to pursue "other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else."

The Norwegian band scored international hits with The Sun Always Shines On TV and Take On Me in the 1980s.

Their most recent album, Foot Of The Mountain, marked a return to their synth-pop roots after a period in which they recorded chiming guitar ballads. It charted at number five in the UK.

Farewell tour

However, the band never quite recaptured the spark of their heyday, when lead singer Morten Harket was a teen pin-up and the group were followed around by screaming fans.

They even broke a world record at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana Stadium in 1991, when 196,000 fans paid to see them.

But after the commercial failure of 1993's Memorial Beach, the band went on hiatus, only reforming after being invited to play the Nobel Peace Prize concert in 1998.

Both Harket and guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy released solo albums during this period.

The group have announced they will mount a farewell tour before disbanding. Only the final date, in Oslo on 4 December 2010, has so far been confirmed.

"We are retiring as a band, not as individuals," the band reassured fans in their statement.

"Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Default Re: It's raining scandinavian bands who you probably thought had already split up.

politics is meaningful?

also, your thread title is correct
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: It's raining scandinavian bands who you probably thought had already split up.

Vote a-ha for change
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Alan Partridge for President!
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

ummm this isnt news at all... this was announced before the Savoy tour, wasnt it?
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I'm just going by what the BBC say. I should have checked www.forzaknowsmorethanyou.com first, but it was down.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I'm just going by what the BBC say. I should have checked www.forzaknowsmorethanyou.com first, but it was down.
    oh come on hal. i didnt mean that in suprefan douchey way... i was just confused.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    ummm this isnt news at all... this was announced before the Savoy tour, wasnt it?
    You have your Savoys mixed up I believe. There is a dj group from boulder called Savoy also. I might be wrong...probably not.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    giggle.

Damn, my first concert was a-ha in 1986 at the Paramount. I'd see them again if their farewell tour hit Seattle.

Oh no, who will NOW headline the Sunday of my ironically Scandanavian-themed create a music festival contest entry now!?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    You have your Savoys mixed up I believe. There is a dj group from boulder called Savoy also. I might be wrong...probably not.
    There was a point two months ago when indeed i confused the two... it was very odd actually. I'd have savoy on my ipod and one song would be very folk rocky and the next would be some god awful techno ac/dc remix...

but I was referring to the Savoy comprised of Paul and Loren Savoy

both savoys are playing here within the next few weeks. I might catch the non shit electro savoy.. (btw, im your neighbor now Young blood 8^) )
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    There was a point two months ago when indeed i confused the two... it was very odd actually. I'd have savoy on my ipod and one song would be very folk rocky and the next would be some god awful techno ac/dc remix...

but I was referring to the Savoy comprised of Paul and Loren Savoy

both savoys are playing here within the next few weeks. I might catch the non shit electro savoy.. (btw, im your neighbor now Young blood 8^) )
    where? All I see is savoy electro band playing here. Sweet, neighbors...