Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sahara Tent

Default Re: Sahara Tent

I'll be watching Girl Talk, but I really doubt he'll be in the Sahara tent. Gobi at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

looks like the headliners for the Sahara are: Tiesto, Faithless, Paul Van Dyke

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    looks like the headliners for the Sahara are: Tiesto, Faithless, Paul Van Dyke
    It'll be skipped then.

Hope there are some breaks or drum and bass in there.

Evil Nine after their failed appearence in '05.

Faithless is a very nice addition, but Tiesto and PvD??? Really? The possibility of two trance DJs headlining two of the nights is weak as hell! That doesn't match up to Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Kraftwerk in the slightest bit. There's so many other DJs that are blowing up right now and aren't spinning Disneyland Trance either...uggh...I don't mind that Tiesto and PvD are there but hopefully they will not be filling the headlining spots.

tiesto will be amazing, but PvD?!?! please tell me that this isn't true! he's headlined the past couple of southern california massives... shit's weak!

I don't understand why either of those djs got booked, they play socal every other weekend. I am so tired of weak trance "superstar" DJs. Yes, I know trance is popular in los angeles, but bringing in 2 played out DJs is very disheartening.

well they can still release headliners right? I sorta remember last year when it was just carl cox and oakenfold announced. People seemed pissed, but then daft punk was added

infected mushroom have been added

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

PVD & Tiesto?

Disgusting. Coachella must be overly worried about selling out the three days because that's the biggest sellout I've seen yet. Welcome to 10 years ago, coachella. Have fun watching Tiesto put his hands up in a jesus pose while you all shitt your pants in excitement.

I'm banking on Underworld being a nice future addition.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Underworld, please oh please oh please, Underworld, it's time.

Oh, and Daft Punk and Bowie too.

I gotta jump on the WTF??? bandwagon with regard to Tiesto and PVD, and the dance act lineups in general. Pretty piss poor compared to last year. The "big" live electronic acts don't even grab me...Faithless...Air...BLAH.

The only thing that's looking tasty is Soulwax and Hawtin back to back on Sunday, and maybe DJ Shadow...there will be no DC/Coxie back to back powerhouse this year.

Whoever said you can see PVD, Tiesto, and Felix at ANY SoCal massive nailed it. Looks like GV finally gave in to the pressures of selling tickets.

3 days is looking like it watered the overall festival down, instead of adding value, especially if this "very limited" amount of single day tickets is true...

Faithless is this year's Daft Punk.

Believe it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IneitBpSeWA

And they'll be closing the Sahara Tent on Friday night.

Gimme a break man...Insomnia??? That was TEN F-ING YEARS ago.

The new album just isn't good, plain and simple, they are nowhere NEAR Daft Punk in terms of the cultural impact of their music. One cheezy tune that was the gateway song for most people's Joakenfold addictions.

It's like Goldenvoice just gave in to the fact that most people are rolling in the dance tent and blew the proverbial budgetary wad on the usual suspects.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

(with the exception of Richie Hawtin...worth mentioning a second time...he will destroy)

Smile Re: Sahara Tent

whoa whoa whoa! can someone confirm that infected mushroom is on the lineup??? This alone redeems, pvd being there. if you have not seen them before, prepare to have your mind turned into puddy.

tiesto and vandyk should just die already
    they were good yeah like 5 years a go
    now infected mushroom ohhhyes finally

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    I don't understand why either of those djs got booked, they play socal every other weekend. I am so tired of weak trance "superstar" DJs. Yes, I know trance is popular in los angeles, but bringing in 2 played out DJs is very disheartening.
    bears repeating.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

They'll get underworld. Faithless is NOT this years Daft Punk. and otherwise there's still Justice, Digitalism, Soulwax, and MSTRKRFT

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    I think that DJs like Tiesto and PVD are the bread and butter of Coachella in some respects. Go to any of the big massives in SoCal and you see the same several thousand tranceheads who will come out every damn time one of these guys spins in their area.

GV knows they can just stick them in the Sahara tent during the headlining slots and a certain guaranteed regular crowd of people will buy tickets, which provides them with a sort of built-in audience as a financial cushion.

Honestly, look at how many people were at Monster Massive a few months ago, despite the craptacular line up. I was there (don't ask) and I couldn't fucking move it was so overcrowded. There's a huge audience in the LA area for this stuff, and I can't say I entirely blame GV for thinking about the bottom line and getting themselves a piece of that pie.

It sucks, but it's true. The big tent has been dominated by this crap for years. Sometimes it's good during the day, but most of the time with a few exceptions (Kraftwerk) the dance tent at night is like a flashback to the late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by infect ME View Post
    whoa whoa whoa! can someone confirm that infected mushroom is on the lineup??? This alone redeems, pvd being there. if you have not seen them before, prepare to have your mind turned into puddy.
    I wouldn't go quite that far, but, yeah, they're a lot of fun.
    Last edited by dizfactor; 01-22-2007 at 01:32 PM.

infected mushroom played too many shows in soCal and Baja last year, same for tiesto, infected played the electric daisy carnival, or nocturnal wonderland, cant remember, tiesto played San diego and rosarito on the same night, and he was on Tijauna less than a month ago...he is almost a local act

David Guetta, LCD Soundsystem, MSTRKRFT (electro), Justice, etc. Not too shabby but I hope they add more other than the headliners.......

infected only played once in rosarito last year

Quote Originally Posted by cbrl23 View Post
    infected mushroom played too many shows in soCal and Baja last year, same for tiesto, infected played the electric daisy carnival, or nocturnal wonderland, cant remember, tiesto played San diego and rosarito on the same night, and he was on Tijauna less than a month ago...he is almost a local act
    although infected mushroom did play EDC and Nocturnal Wonderland this year, I am expecting their set to be completely different from then. Their new album "Vicious Delicious" is supposed to be released in March. From the new songs that I have heard live, it seems to me that it is going to be very good. So hopefully they play a lot of new songs, and classics as well. If you have not seen them before, they are now touring with a live guitar player and if I'm not mistaken their new CD is supposed to have a drummer in some of the songs. So hopefully they step it up with a completely new set, with a new light show and visuals.

And as for Tiesto, I went to TJ to see him, and despite all of your hatred, I think pound for pound he's still got it. That is just my opinion, but I think Tiesto is much more talented than PvD who is so overplayed in southern cal.

Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, and Infected Mushroom hav all played SoCal/Baja half a dozen times in the last year.

Thanks for the Infected Mushroom info. We'll be watching them barring any horrible conflicts!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    As long as he doesn't perform anything off of The Outsider. Ugh.
    I think Shadow will end up somewhere else than the Sahara, due to all the MC's.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

We have a shot at getting Underworld and Aphex before we do with The Chemicals makin it
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by infect ME View Post
    And as for Tiesto, I went to TJ to see him, and despite all of your hatred, I think pound for pound he's still got it. That is just my opinion, but I think Tiesto is much more talented than PvD who is so overplayed in southern cal.
    I saw him @ the Bang Music Festival and he is good, I dont hate him, I will probably see some of his set in coachella, I am just saying that he is no big news around here, same for infected, but some poeple are saying they have a new show, so I will problay check them out too...