Page 2 of 536 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Default Re: Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yes, this too.

Being asked to play isn't a confirmation, being asked to play and saying "yes" is a confirmation.
    and agreed, i would probably say the offer is out there and whether the band took it or not is still undecided. But why would a band like this who just played a free music fest/street fair turn down COACHELLA?

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I think so. People better be honest though.
    listen i allready feel like a deutch for saying anything in the first place but the fact of the matter is this, from the second i heard Ed Sharpe which was only a week ago i knew they had something amazing going on, and from the buzz that had generated allready, it was kind of a no brainer theyd be one of the heavier rumors up untill an official announcement.

I am not any more credible than the next person but basically what went down was i asked and he said .... "i cant say yes man, but dont count us out." I fugured nows a good time to start asking, cant hurt.

so leave it up or take it down, it is what it is. i would be blown away if they werent on the bill and that was a position i took even before sunday.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 09-29-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I don't know why this is a big deal. Last year and the year before we did the same thing. If a boardie talked to a band who said they were playing, we put it in the rumours list.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Hey I was at Caleb Followill's house last weekend for a barbecue and he said they're definitely headlining Sunday night

/sarcastic point about trustworthiness of random board members
    If he was claiming Edward Sharpe was headlining or subheadlining Coachella, then I wouldn't believe him. He is hardly claiming that though. He said he talked to Edward Sharpe and was told they got an offer to play Coachella. An offer they will presumably take. Like I just said, this is enough to make it into the "rumours" section of this thread. This man should be not be punished for reporting back to us, in fact, he should be rewrded for getting started on his homework early.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Yeah, but offer schmoffer. Someone asked Karen O last year if they were playing Coachella and she said that they wanted to really bad but they were turned down because Coachella organizers were going for different acts last year. And then look what happened.

You just can't always take their word for it. There are two douchebags on myspace right now claiming they're playing.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I really don't know what to think at this point.

The Avett Brothers added some tour dates. One looks like an odd outlier:

3/3/2010 Midwest City, OK Rose State PAC
    3/6/2010 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom
    4/18/2010 Reno, NV Grand Sierra Theatre
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I say it could happen. Avett Brothers would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

I can't believe this stuff is rolling in already haha. Either way, Avett Bros. would be awesome and definitely seems possible

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    I can't believe this stuff is rolling in already
    It is pretty hard for some of the smaller bands to plan a tour around a festival, so they have to start booking venues maybe months in advance to make sure that there's some where to play in each city that's small/big enough for their drawing power.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    hopefully Pretty lights isn't placed against the Sahara closer... that would be a rough choice...
    Wouldn't Pretty Lights be in the Sahara? I am stoked to hear about them confirming btw. Non-stop excitement until January, then more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If he was claiming Edward Sharpe was headlining or subheadlining Coachella, then I wouldn't believe him. He is hardly claiming that though. He said he talked to Edward Sharpe and was told they got an offer to play Coachella. An offer they will presumably take. Like I just said, this is enough to make it into the "rumours" section of this thread. This man should be not be punished for reporting back to us, in fact, he should be rewrded for getting started on his homework early.
    Well I actually thought he was talking about that being enough for the "confirmed" section but of course that's plenty for the "rumors" section. I concede this point of course.

You're from Canada, right? Do they put the "u" in "rumors"? Additionally, do they put the "eh" in "Canadian bands are meh"?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

You're from Canada, right? Do they put the "u" in "rumors"? Additionally, do they put the "eh" in "Canadian bands are meh"?
    Shit. I dunno actually. I am going to have to look that up...

As for the second part, there have been so many quality bands from Canada in the past few years, it doesn't even dignify a response. Case in point: Death From Above 1979, Metric, Fucked Up, Crystal Castles and Holy Fuck. And that is just off the top of my head.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

this thread already gives me more comfort compared to last year's...

Shit. I dunno actually. I am going to have to look that up...
    Well you used the "u" naturally it seems, which is something I'd never do, being from the bay area. I'm just curious, having majored in English and all.

As for the second part, there have been so many quality bands from Canada in the past few years, it doesn't even dignify a response. Case in point: Death From Above 1979, Metric, Fucked Up, Crystal Castles and Holy Fuck. And that is just off the top of my head.
    Just joking. I like how you responded anyway though, apparently sacrificing your dignity.

I didn't know any of those were from Canada besides Metric. Interesting. Now I have another reason to hate Crystal Castles (even though I like their album). Also Arcade Fire are good and I think they'd technically be described as a Canadian band.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    this thread already gives me more comfort compared to last year's...
    Somehow I feel that way too. Maybe it's because there's less and that makes those few seem more legit.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Just joking. I like how you responded anyway though, apparently sacrificing your dignity.

I didn't know any of those were from Canada besides Metric. Interesting. Now I have another reason to hate Crystal Castles (even though I like their album). Also Arcade Fire are good and I think they'd technically be described as a Canadian band.
    You obviously do not know me well enough my friend. My response was sarcastic, fully realising that your comment was obviously a joke. Internet doesn't translate sarcasm very well though.

And even though I was being sarcastic in tone, I was serious about the second part. My friends and I were discussing this the other day... Canada has had a lot of really good bands in the last couple years. And Arcade Fire ARE a Canadian band. Don't you guys even think about taking them away from us.

lets stop talking about this till the dates are released at least. also we have 6 months stop getting me SO excited.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, but offer schmoffer. Someone asked Karen O last year if they were playing Coachella and she said that they wanted to really bad but they were turned down because Coachella organizers were going for different acts last year. And then look what happened.

You just can't always take their word for it. There are two douchebags on myspace right now claiming they're playing.
    I seriously doubt the Karen (n)O scooper was making it up. Most likely it was true, but when Blur, Pulp, Neutral Milk Hotel, Faith No More, etc all said no, they went after their second choices.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

That was Bryan who talked to Karen O by the way. Nick was there too.

You obviously do not know me well enough my friend. My response was sarcastic, fully realising that your comment was obviously a joke. Internet doesn't translate sarcasm very well though.

And even though I was being sarcastic in tone, I was serious about the second part. My friends and I were discussing this the other day... Canada has had a lot of really good bands in the last couple years. And Arcade Fire ARE a Canadian band. Don't you guys even think about taking them away from us.
    I just spent two minutes staring at your comment trying to understand how you meant it if not literally. I still don't get it, but that's ok. And no, I would never dream of stealing Arcade Fire from you. As long as we can have Win.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Do bands feel insulted when they know they are a promoter's second or later choice or last result? I imagine so.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

I just spent two minutes staring at your comment trying to understand how you meant it if not literally. I still don't get it, but that's ok. And no, I would never dream of stealing Arcade Fire from you. As long as we can have Win.
    The part about "not dignifying a response" was meant sarcastically. Im not a jerk/snob who would say something like that. I realized your "eh" comment was a joke, so I pretended to act offended. Make sense now?

I just voted five stars for this thread... 4 because it wasn't started by scoop, and 1 since it's actually starting to get good already.

Good call on the Avetts.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Do bands feel insulted when they know they are a promoter's second or later choice or last result? I imagine so.
    Well if you are up against Bowie/NMH/Blur, etc I think being The Killers would be quite honoring....

Goddamn that scoop thread last year was full of fail.

From Facebook:

LCD Soundsystem record: march. tour: after.
    Obviously that doesn't confirm anything, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Good call on the Avetts.
    plus Tessa likes them, so that's still probably a guarantee, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    plus Tessa likes them, so that's still probably a guarantee, somehow.
    Likes is a massive understatement.

P.S. Im assuming you didn't talk to Mike Patton?

Patton was being Harry Hider all evening, so no.

Figured as much. Just checking. The effort is appreciated.

Hopefully Patton will do his anual NYE event in SF with one of his projects and someone here will get a chance to ask him there.

old school

Wouldn't Pretty Lights be in the Sahara?
    possibly, but not necessarily..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    From Facebook:

Obviously that doesn't confirm anything, but possible.
    This would be lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?