Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does HARD usually sell out?

Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

HARD has gone soft. Don't do it.

i'm glad hard exists, because it makes it less likely that hard fans will be at the events I choose to attend.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    and do all the drugs you want. i have more of a problem with people trying to act like hard is all about the music.
    is anyone else annoyed when ivy talks so much about an event she never went to? i ONLY go to HARD events for the music.. there are a million other places to go if you're only gonna do drugs.. and why deal with all the HARD hassles if that's the case.. after HARD Summer, every last person still going to Hard events are only going for the love of the music..

i don't think you can compare hard events to insomniac events anymore than you can compare coachella to *********.. they are completely different, with different music and different crowds..

and egull is right, i go to music festivals of EVERY genre, edm, indie rock, metal, hip-hop, country, blues, folk, etc.. and yeah, drugs are at ALL of them.. in '08 i think i saw more pot smokers at Stagecoach than Coachella, true story.. maybe e is more common at edm shows, but the crowd at hard summer was vastly different from the crowds at edc.. hell, both those crowds were diff from what i just saw at Nocturnal actually..

Quote Originally Posted by truths View Post
    If I went to a HARD event without ecstasy I would literally shoot myself in the face. Fuck that shit.
    i could easily go to a HARD event sober and have a GREAT time.. EDC? not so much.. Nocturnal? eh, would prefer not to be sober, but could still have a good time.. TAO? no chance in hell of going sober.. *********? couldn't be sober if i tried.. Coachella? could, but won't..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 09-28-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    haha i'm at work, kills time to debate about shit that doesn't really mean shit to anyone in here. HARD in the booking area of their production though is damn good, they just suck at lighting and visuals because of their greed.
    They also suck at crowd control, staffing, permit acqusition, planning, preparation, knowing their target customers, caring about the target customers, venue choice, logistics, security, protocol, staff training, fairness, and doing it right.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    is anyone else annoyed when ivy talks so much about an event she never went to?

i don't think you can compare hard events to insomniac events anymore than you can compare coachella to *********.. they are completely different, with different music and different crowds..

and egull is right, i go to music festivals of EVERY genre, edm, indie rock, metal, hip-hop, country, blues, folk, etc.. and yeah, drugs are at ALL of them.. in '08 i think i saw more pot smokers at Stagecoach than Coachella, true story.. maybe e is more common at edm shows, but the crowd at hard summer was vastly different from the crowds at edc.. hell, both those crowds were diff from what i just saw at Nocturnal actually..

i could easily go to a HARD event sober and have a GREAT time.. EDC? not so much.. Nocturnal? eh, would prefer not to be sober, but could still have a good time.. TAO? no chance in hell of going sober.. *********? couldn't be sober if i tried.. Coachella? could, but won't..
    is anyone else annoyed you have had like 80 different screennames? how many have been banned?

i care about the electronic music scene, i've been doing this for more than ten years and hate when promoters don't act like proper business people and act like a bunch of amateurs, which then attracts negative attention to the scene. i hate any negative attention to the scene as i want us to grow past being hounded by the cops for every.little.thing we do. which andrew, is why i bitched you guys out for lighting glowsticks on fire in another thread. roll your eyes all you want, but if we can't act like adults, we aren't going to be treated like them.

so alias man, why can you be sober at hard versus any other event? that sounds more like your problem than the event's problem personally. all have EDM and tons of people, the difference is the other events actually have MORE to do than just listen to music (such as rides or art installations, which are things that sober people like to do), so this really makes no sense to me and i'm legitimately curious. is it JUST that you like the crowd of people better at hard?

again, i don't care if you do drugs or not, i'm just curious.
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Actually i like the top tier djs that hard books significantly less than insomniac. Id have to say drugs would be absolutely required for hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

As far as the crowd, Hard had a bunch of douche bags running around. I almost got in a fight 10 minutes into the event for pushing a gangster back after he plowed through me.
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

(such as rides or art installations, which are things that sober people like to do)
    Whoa whoa whoa... time out...

I have both ridden rides and looked at/interacted with art installations while on drugs and it was fucking awesome....

Time in.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    As far as the crowd, Hard had a bunch of douche bags running around. I almost got in a fight 10 minutes into the event for pushing a gangster back after he plowed through me.
    I will concur with this... for as "rave" as HARD Summer looked... it sure didn't have the feeling of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    They also suck at crowd control, staffing, permit acqusition, planning, preparation, knowing their target customers, caring about the target customers, venue choice, logistics, security, protocol, staff training, fairness, and doing it right.
    And at Together as One put on my Insomniac, there were waayyy to many people the lines were ridiculous to get in, I saw more people overdose then I ever thought I would in my life...See, what everyone is failing to realize is these are common problems that occur with most large rave style events. Plus a lot of the things listed above are essentially the same e.g. (Security: Crowd controll)(logistics: planning, preparation, permit acquisition) to name a few. Also, I feel like this list only really reflects Hard Summer, seeing as, I have been to two Hard events and had a great time at both and had none of these problems effect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    And at Together as One put on my Insomniac, there were waayyy to many people the lines were ridiculous to get in, I saw more people overdose then I ever thought I would in my life...See, what everyone is failing to realize is these are common problems that occur with most large rave style events. Plus a lot of the things listed above are essentially the same e.g. (Security: Crowd controll)(logistics: planning, preparation, permit acquisition) to name a few. Also, I feel like this list only really reflects Hard Summer, seeing as, I have been to two Hard events and had a great time at both and had none of these problems effect me.
    HARD NYE sucked ass as well. Did you go that one?
    I'm sorry. I didn't know I had to specify the definition of things.

Security - Having the correct amount of security to appropriately handle your expected crowd.

Crowd control: Understanding your crowd and how you will anticipate the needs of the crowd.

Planning: Duh.

Preparation: Different from planning because you actually follow your plan.

Permit Acqusition: This one stands alone because obviously it needs to be fucking spelled out for HARD and it seems pretty basic and one of the most obvious things one would look into when putting on an event.

after HARD Summer, every last person still going to Hard events are only going for the love of the music..
    you mean.....

"after HARD Summer, every last person still going to Hard events are only going for the love of shitty music and a shitty scene..."

old school

yes.

but for someone who hates the music at Hard & the scene at Hard, you post quite a lot in Hard threads..

is anyone else annoyed you have had like 80 different screennames? how many have been banned?

so alias man, why can you be sober at hard versus any other event? that sounds more like your problem than the event's problem personally. all have EDM and tons of people, the difference is the other events actually have MORE to do than just listen to music (such as rides or art installations, which are things that sober people like to do), so this really makes no sense to me and i'm legitimately curious. is it JUST that you like the crowd of people better at hard?

again, i don't care if you do drugs or not, i'm just curious.
    for the record, again, i have one screenname on this message board.. and i've NEVER been banned (only threatened with it)..

as far as your legitimate question, the reason is NOT the crowd, i love the crowd at EDC & Hard & everything else i go to (that's why i'm a festivalhead), i was simply saying the crowds are vastly different..

the reason i can go to a Hard event sober and have fun is because i genuinely love the music they bring.. yes, i know ALOT of people love trance or other genres, but still go to Hard events for the one or two non-typical Hard names (i.e. Underworld or Basement Jaxx), but i got back into the EDM scene with the rise of electro, dubstep, fidget house, glitch, etc.. i stayed away from the scene for years after getting bored with the same ol stale stuff that was coming out.. yes, people will hear the same songs over & over at Hard shows, but i love those songs & those djs so i don't care.. sure, i'm atypical, but i could easily listen to Crookers or Bloody Beetroots play for 8 hours without getting bored, even if they repeat the same 2hr set over & over..

for the record, i heard "In For the Kill" (Skream mix) more at Nocturnal (3 times) and ********* (5 times) than ANY song at any Hard event.. hearing the same track 8 times in one week with only the LAST being Skream himself dropping it proper.. fuck, that's prob the only time i've gotten sick of a track at any massive or festival..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 09-28-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Dont mind crazz, he doesnt know shit about edm.

Im friends with the two guys that run HARD and still think they suck at planning. Their visuals lack, security is always terrible, and its always overlyexpensive. However, if you plan ahead u save money and nothing they do should surprise u.

This thread is crap, I already answered the mans question and none of u are saying anything that wasnt said on the HARD Summer post. Go back and read that, yell obscurities to yourself, and let this thread die already
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 09-28-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

old school

ouch.. just because i dont' like trance, i don't see how that's a fair statement andrew..

but granted, i guess it's possible i could be going to these things off & on for fifteen years and still not know shit.. after all the dozens of EDCs, Nocturnals, HARDs, Giant Maximus', TAOs, Better than Sex's, Symbis, Coachellas, Pure Filth warehouse shows, Subwize shows in santa cruz, underground raves in germany ten years ago, etc.. maybe it's possible that i just lean towards what (imo) sounds good?

or maybe not..

then again, i also go to rock fests, metal fests, rap fests, country fests (well, just Stagecoach), blues fests, etc.. so i'm mainly there for the music, not just to dance..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 09-28-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Are your buddies going to book soulwax? Im about to buy monster massive tix for me and my chick.

[QUOTE=nbvcide;1357439]ouch.. just because i dont' like trance, i don't see how that's a fair statement andrew..
    [QUOTE]

?

ouch.. just because i dont' like trance, i don't see how that's a fair statement andrew..

but granted, i guess it's possible i could be going to these things off & on for fifteen years and still not know shit..
    REREAD my post.

i could easily listen to Crookers or Bloody Beetroots play for 8 hours without getting bored, even if they repeat the same 2hr set over & over..
    that's not something to be proud of. but whatever tickles your pickle.

old school

oh HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i thought you were talking TO Crazzzz
    LOL

n/m haha
    Last edited by nbvcide; 09-28-2009 at 05:12 PM.

this guy is just bitter because i always make fun of him.

also, everything he says is true, because after all, he is a dj.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    that's not something to be proud of. but whatever tickles your pickle.
    i know, i know.. i even added that in my reedit and almost deleted it, but i wanted to make sure it was understood that my love of Hard acts revolves around THAT sorta sound, and not as much the Ed Banger stuff that rounds out the rest of the lineup.. the only Ed Banger i love is mr. Ed Banger himself Busy P..

So, acts like underworld, basementjaxx(yes i know its a dj set), 2manydjs, deadmau5 = shitty music crazzz? Im not bitter, just saying. You know absolutely shit if you meant what you said. Who is your main by the way?
    Last edited by djandrews25; 09-28-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Andrew,
    Ive been outta contact with them since they announced the lineup and location. Ill call Gary or Tom tomorrow and see what they have to say. Considering how quickly the double pack sold im pretty sure they will be doing adds
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    HARD NYE sucked ass as well. Did you go that one?
    I'm sorry. I didn't know I had to specify the definition of things.

Security - Having the correct amount of security to appropriately handle your expected crowd.

Crowd control: Understanding your crowd and how you will anticipate the needs of the crowd.

Planning: Duh.

Preparation: Different from planning because you actually follow your plan.

Permit Acqusition: This one stands alone because obviously it needs to be fucking spelled out for HARD and it seems pretty basic and one of the most obvious things one would look into when putting on an event.
    I didn't go to NYE so I can't say anything about that event. What I was getting at is you just made a list, and half of the stuff is obvious like if there is a lack of security, then there will be a lack of crowd control..If you don't plan correctly you won't be prepared. I am just saying from my 2 hard experiences the only problems I saw were problems I saw at every other rave I have been to. The permit acquisition problem only relates to Hard Summer...

...can I have my thread back?

...please?

So, acts like underworld, basementjaxx(yes i know its a dj set), 2manydjs, deadmau5 = shitty music crazzz? Im not bitter, just saying. You know absolutely shit if you meant what you said. Who is your main by the way?
    i dunno what you're talking about. underworld and basement jaxx have never (AND WILL NEVER) play a HARD event.

Quote Originally Posted by esy191 View Post
    ...can I have my thread back?

...please?
    no. this was never a valid thread to begin with. you can leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    basement jaxx have never (AND WILL NEVER) play a HARD event.
    Is this because its a dj set?