Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 135

Thread: Does HARD usually sell out?

  1. #61
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    i dunno what you're talking about. underworld and basement jaxx have never (AND WILL NEVER) play a HARD event.
    Underworld sound checked prior to doors at HARD Summer

    Fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  2. #62
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Underworld sound checked prior to doors at HARD Summer

    Fail?
    sound check doesn't count.

  3. #63
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Is this because its a dj set?
    ya. it's like saying you've seen soulwax when you really only saw 2manydjs.

  4. #64
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    or like saying you saw Pink Floyd when you only saw Roger Waters play Pink Floyd songs for over 2 hrs?
    ya, and even worse than that. at least roger waters was live.

  5. #65
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    so like going to a Britney Spears show, but you can't say you saw her, because she didn't actually sing live?


    (did i mention that one of the people in our camping group left thursday evening to go to the Spears concert, and then returned to coachella after? LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  6. #66
    Member truths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    undaground
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by truths View Post
    If I went to a HARD event without ecstasy I would literally shoot myself in the face. Fuck that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i could easily go to a HARD event sober and have a GREAT time.. EDC? not so much.. Nocturnal? eh, would prefer not to be sober, but could still have a good time.. TAO? no chance in hell of going sober.. *********? couldn't be sober if i tried.. Coachella? could, but won't..
    Let me elaborate...

    HARD is so chock full of retards and shitheads in general I would have to take E just to cope with the people around me. two words... neon hipsters.

    I would also have to take E to make the music actually sound good.

    HARD is jacking off that french house sound so bad it aint even funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

  7. #67
    old school ELECtROjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    3,452

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    ive restrained from really going at people bc i think its juvinile but truths no one cares what you have to say about HARD. I take your critisism about as seriosuly as Reza takes his weight problem. If ud rather listen to crap trance with 50,000 12 year olds at MM then go there instead. Least u can have sex with hipsters and not go the jail for it

    And have u even seen any of the artists that are at HARD this year? If u can't listen to 2ManyDJ's sober then u need to reevaultate your shit
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

  8. #68
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Electrojan, you are acting like the bigger man whilest saying the competing party plays crap and will be full of 12 year olds. Im 29 and im most likely attending mm along with several other people in their late 20s, If you are going to be the mature one in the argument then do it. If you want to stoop to the level of douche bags like crazzz and truth then do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Do you guys work for these companies or something? Why do you even care which one is better haha.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    And have u even seen any of the artists that are at HARD this year? If u can't listen to 2ManyDJ's sober then u need to reevaultate your shit
    I saw 2ManyDJ's last Halloween, and thought it was way too hyped up...I found it to be pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

  11. #71
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    i guess the sad part about all of this discussion is there is no legitimate way to go about actually determining what the crowds are like at each event. all of our comments are based on our extremely limited and anecdotal impressions/experiences. we all have our reasons for thinking the crowd at one event is better than the other, im just as guilty as everybody else obviously.

    i have an affinity towards hard events because *in my personal opinion* they have carved out a distinct place for themselves in edm events separate from typical raves. they showcase the top tier acts in the electro/house vein of edm as the main acts, not just some side stage sub-headliners. there aren't many events as big as hard that do that. obviously if you love insomniac events then hard comes off like a half ass rave. and thats because it is, and thats what its supposed to be. some people enjoy that, some dont.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    I'm not saying hard should have trance, mainly because trance is terrible, but i think HARD would be 10x better if they had 2 electro-house stages and one D'n'B/Dubstep Room. I love the electro acts hard brings out, even though some of the acts *cough* Crookers *cough* play a lot the their events, i still have always liked a good amount of every line up they put out. I just like multi genre events rather than events with all the same style of music, i guess that's why i am more of a supporter of insomniac than HARD.

  13. #73
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I'm not saying hard should have trance, mainly because trance is terrible, but i think HARD would be 10x better if they had 2 electro-house stages and one D'n'B/Dubstep Room. I love the electro acts hard brings out, even though some of the acts *cough* Crookers *cough* play a lot the their events, i still have always liked a good amount of every line up they put out. I just like multi genre events rather than events with all the same style of music, i guess that's why i am more of a supporter of insomniac than HARD.
    SERIOUSLY crookers needs to stop playing hard events, i know its the perks of having gary as your manager but there are plenty of high demand acts that i would like to see instead at this point. not to say i don't like crookers, just tired of them at hard events. as far as incorporating other genres into hard events, i agree that there could be more effort made and it would probably go over well. i know at hard 13 pure filth had some some stuff going on outside on a small stage but i think dubstep is definitely at a place where it deserves some more attention

  14. #74
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    If ud rather listen to crap trance with 50,000 12 year olds at MM then go there instead.
    Why would you defend HARD by comparing it to MM?

    That's like trying to defend N*Sync by arguing they are better than the Backstreet Boys.

  15. #75
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,397

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I just like multi genre events rather than events with all the same style of music, i guess that's why i am more of a supporter of insomniac than HARD.
    totally agree with this. as someone who travels, shitty electro with maybe one dj i want to see isn't worth the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  16. #76
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,626

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Why are you guys so mad at Crookers? Technically they have only played 1 HARD event. And I missed them. And maybe you guys saw them @ Coachella but not everyone goe to Coachella. And some like me went and skipped them for M.I.A so I am actually excited to see the Crookers finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  17. #77
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Why are you guys so mad at Crookers? Technically they have only played 1 HARD event. And I missed them. And maybe you guys saw them @ Coachella but not everyone goe to Coachella. And some like me went and skipped them for M.I.A so I am actually excited to see the Crookers finally.
    the psychological effect of seeing them on multiple hard fliers had made me hate them! jk, i love crookers. part of it is that i didn't attend hard summer so i don't readily recall them not playing and the other part is i saw them at coachella so i just don't want them to get played out

  18. #78

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    you are all so fucking retarded it's actually making my pea-brain hurt.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  19. #79
    old school ELECtROjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    3,452

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Gary Richard manages Crookers and partially Major Lazer so thats one of the reasons they always on the ticket. Even if you dont like Crookers, the people who will be there will make it fun bc they play a good party mix that the masses can enjoy.
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 09-29-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

  20. #80
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by truths View Post
    Let me elaborate...

    HARD is so chock full of retards and shitheads in general I would have to take E just to cope with the people around me. two words... neon hipsters.

    I would also have to take E to make the music actually sound good.

    HARD is jacking off that french house sound so bad it aint even funny.
    wow...

    i disagree with every word of your post..

    aren't you like a paid employee of Go Ventures or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  21. #81
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    totally agree with this. as someone who travels, shitty trance with maybe one dj i want to see isn't worth the cost.
    FIXED.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Why are you guys so mad at Crookers? Technically they have only played 1 HARD event. And I missed them. And maybe you guys saw them @ Coachella but not everyone goe to Coachella. And some like me went and skipped them for M.I.A so I am actually excited to see the Crookers finally.
    THIS.

    Crookers have only played one HARD event, AND Gary is there manager.. and Crookers was fucking awesome at Coachella (besides, i don't know groups of people flying out from Australia for DJ Reza.. or any MM act really, whereas i know several who flew out for Coach & Hard Summer)
    Last edited by nbvcide; 09-29-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  22. #82
    old school ELECtROjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    3,452

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    to answer the original question:

    "NEW YORK CITY -- HARD's inaugural NYC event will invade New York's legendary TERMINAL 5 from 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM on Saturday, October 10th, 2009. HARD NYC will feature performances by CROOKERS, MAJOR LAZER, RUSKO, JACK BEATS, and DESTRUCTO plus HARD's signature audio-visual production, as seen at LA's premiere electronic events including HARD Haunted Mansion, HARD13 and HARD New Year's Eve. Tickets are available at TICKETMASTER.COM. The first round of tickets have all been snatched up already, so don't delay any longer!"
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

  23. #83
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    You are losing by trying to argue that the acts at hard are better. mm has acts that are WAY more desirable as far as world popularity goes. If hard books soulwax or basement jaxx for a live set, then this wouldnt be true at all. Your argument should be that hard is targeting a certain crowd and a certain genre of music. Saying that they book better acts when mm has several different genres and top djs for all of them is just plain stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  24. #84
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,626

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    You are losing by trying to argue that the acts at hard are better. mm has acts that are WAY more desirable as far as world popularity goes. If hard books soulwax or basement jaxx for a live set, then this wouldnt be true at all. Your argument should be that hard is targeting a certain crowd and a certain genre of music. Saying that they book better acts when mm has several different genres and top djs for all of them is just plain stupid.
    The idea of better acts is all opinion. You can get the most popular trance artist in the world but someone like me would rather see a Jack Beats set. And who is Jack Beats? He's not even close to as popular as the top tier trance producers but guess what? To me he IS better. There is like 4 or 5 acts that I would like to see at MM.

    So 2manydjs, beetroots, basement jaxx, justice, major lazer, Bss. That's 6. So already in my opinion it is better. But the cool thing about us not sharing the same opinion is we don't share the same bank account. So when I buy my HARD ticket you can still buy your MM ticket. And guess what there's someone who hates EDM and hip hop is better so they go to a hip hop show that night then whatever act they are seeing is better than MM & HARD. And the many people on this board think Phish is better than anyone at MM or HARD.

    The problem with this board is they believe their opinion on music is fact. When in fact it is still an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  25. #85
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,397

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    what are you even fixing, nbvcide? i know what shit i don't like. welcome to my ignore list since you can't stop responding with trite bullshit to everything i post.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  26. #86
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    You should reread my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  27. #87
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,626

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    You are losing by trying to argue that the acts at hard are better. mm has acts that are WAY more desirable as far as world popularity goes. If hard books soulwax or basement jaxx for a live set, then this wouldnt be true at all. Your argument should be that hard is targeting a certain crowd and a certain genre of music. Saying that they book better acts when mm has several different genres and top djs for all of them is just plain stupid.
    I think I read it pretty well. But elaborate. Are the DJ's better because they're more famous? So if a festival has Lil Wayne and Britney Spears is it the best festival? Or are they better because you think theyre better? Cause thats opinion. Or are they better because DJ mags rank them high? Cause that's a reliable source. (sarcasm)

    So since I misunderstood why is saying HARD books better acts than MM plain stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  28. #88
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    You just highlighted your answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  29. #89

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    The problem with this board is they believe their opinion on music is fact. When in fact it is still an opinion.

    Everyone on here debates their opinion, and in my opinion a good debater will state his/her opinion as fact in a way that will convince the other person their opinion is in fact wrong. So this entire board is just a place to come to debate certain topics, as are most message boards.

  30. #90

    Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    And some like me went and skipped them for M.I.A so I am actually excited to see the Crookers finally.
    Oh, and this is your own fault for watching a 2 year in a row act over a first time Coachella performance.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
  3. Cut Chemist/DJ Shadow The Hard Sell
    By brando4n82 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
  4. cut Chemist/DJ Shadow: The Hard Sell
    By brando4n82 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:59 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •