Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does HARD usually sell out?

Default Does HARD usually sell out?

I'm planning on attending HARD NYC, but I'd prefer not to buy my tickets until much closer to the date of the show. I'm worried though that it might sell out before then.

So I was wondering, do HARD events usually sell out before the date of the show?

I know that HARD NYC is in a completely different environment and music scene from LA so info about what has happened at previous HARDs can't necessarily be applied here, but I'm still interested.

I know that HARD Haunted Mansion sold out last year (and probably will again this year considering the lineup and the pent up anticipation after the failure of HARD Summer), but what about earlier HARDs? HARD 13? HARD NYE? etc...

Default Re: Does HARD usually sell out?

yes..... it usually does. this festival is the definition of fail. don't waste your time or money

HARD NYE - no
    HARD Summer 08 - no
    HARD Haunted Mansion 08 - Yes (2 weeks early)
    HARD13 - Yes (1 week before)
    HARD Summer 09 - Yes (Day of)

Considering the lineup for HARD NYC and how popular electronic music is in nyc id say get your tickets as soon as u can. Terminal 5's capacity is only 3k and the tickets right now are only $30
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Uh-oh, I just tried to buy tix and I got this screen:

------------------------
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Try the following:
    Search again

* Select "Best Available" or "Any Price"
    * Change the quantity of tickets requested
    * Double check your promotional code or password, if you used one
    * At the time of your search, another customer may have been viewing the tickets you want and then decided not to buy them

Keep checking back

FYI: New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears.
    ------------------------

I guess maybe the pre-sale $30 tix have sold out and they are waiting to switch over to advance $35 tix.

But still, I'm worried I may be altogether to late and it may in fact be totally sold out. Sucks.

the site could be down for maintenance also... try again in the morning
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by beetleguise View Post
    yes..... it usually does. this festival is the definition of fail. don't waste your time or money
    your post is the definition of fail. with the exception of hard summer, hard productions are phenomenal, usually by virtue of their consistently excellent and sometimes unbelievable lineups. hard has carved out quite a respectable niche in socal's edm scene imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD View Post
    hard productions are phenomenal

this is the ultimate FAIL. HARD has good taste in what to book, but i have never been to a HARD event and said that the production was great. If you compare the production of HARD events to the production of an Insomniac event it makes HARD events seem like it's in someones back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    this is the ultimate FAIL. HARD has good taste in what to book, but i have never been to a HARD event and said that the production was great. If you compare the production of HARD events to the production of an Insomniac event it makes HARD events seem like it's in someones back yard.
    thats because HARD isn't trying to be an insomniac event aka e-tard's paradise. so what if there aren't 8 million lasers, mind fucking light shows, roller coasters, and all sorts of other ancillary shit that distracts from the music overall? their sound is always good, and their music is always good. to me thats a great production.

thats because HARD isn't trying to be an insomniac event aka e-tard's paradise. so what if there aren't 8 million lasers, mind fucking light shows, roller coasters, and all sorts of other ancillary shit that distracts from the music overall? their sound is always good, and their music is always good. to me thats a great production.
    If HARD could pull off a 50,000 person event the crowd would look just like an Insomniac event, i guarantee that. If Insomniac threw events on a smaller scale, the crowd would be the same as a HARD event. Like i have said a million times before about the crowd at HARD events, just because you dress up an E-Tard in skinny jeans and give him a stupid haircut doesn't mean he's not an E-Tard. Soulwax, one of the most praised artist in the electro scene, even has a very popular song i guarantee you have heard called "E Talking", so obviously extacy is VERY popular in that scene as well.

If HARD could pull off a 50,000 person event the crowd would look just like an Insomniac event, i guarantee that. If Insomniac threw events on a smaller scale, the crowd would be the same as a HARD event. Like i have said a million times before about the crowd at HARD events, just because you dress up an E-Tard in skinny jeans and give him a stupid haircut doesn't mean he's not an E-Tard. Soulwax, one of the most praised artist in the electro scene, even has a very popular song i guarantee you have heard called "E Talking", so obviously extacy is VERY popular in that scene as well.
    okay so maybe "phenomenal" was a bit of an exaggeration and more of a description of my personal experience at hard events, the majority of which i have attended sober. of course E is prevalent at hard and in that scene in general, i just think insomniac events are designed for drug use and hard isn't. when i went to edc this year i felt like the crowd was there for the drug usage first and the music second. insomniac events bring tons of shitty people there to roll and listen to techno music they know nothing about.

I never really do this but....

Quoted for Fail.

Like Coachella doesnt have lasers and light shows? Go sit in a white room with headphones then...

Why is this a thread again?

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post
    Cause Obama's out of control guys, seriously:

okay so maybe "phenomenal" was a bit of an exaggeration and more of a description of my personal experience at hard events, the majority of which i have attended sober. of course E is prevalent at hard and in that scene in general, i just think insomniac events are designed for drug use and hard isn't. when i went to edc this year i felt like the crowd was there for the drug usage first and the music second. insomniac events bring tons of shitty people there to roll and listen to techno music they know nothing about.
    It's due to being a multi genre festival, that includes the drugged up world of trance, and a bigger capacity festival. Like i said though, you would have the same exact feelings if you went to a 50,000 capacity HARD event. I have never had a bad experience at a HARD event, i didn't go to Summer, but i just think that the visual production and the atmosphere could be done a hell of a lot better considering most of their events sell out. I went to HARD 13 sober all night and still was pissed off because the visual production was just the artist name moving around on a screen. I mean come on just plug in the iTunes visualizer and it would be better than what they had haha.

I never really do this but....

Quoted for Fail.

Like Coachella doesnt have lasers and light shows? Go sit in a white room with headphones then...

i never said that stuff isn't cool, and trust me when i say that i thoroughly enjoy the sahara's epic light shows. but if you strip coachella of the lasers, you still get an awesome crowd, awesome sound, awesome artists=excellent time. you can even have a great time during the day in the sahara without all that. EDC was dead as fuck before the sun went down. thats because insomniac relies on that shit to make their productions sell. im not saying the extraneous stuff is bad, its just not necessary for a good production. maybe my criteria for this is different than others but there was a time when people had fun and danced without laser beams.

EDC is a 4pm-4am event with the best talent starting after dark, Coachella is a 12pm-12am event that starts some bad ass talent at 12noon so that explains that. I mean Plump DJs played day time at coachella, that's why the Sahara is movin and groovin so early.

EDC is a 4pm-4am event with the best talent starting after dark, Coachella is a 12pm-12am event that starts some bad ass talent at 12noon so that explains that. I mean Plump DJs played day time at coachella, that's why the Sahara is moving and groovin so early.
    maybe i just need to give this a rest, i might just be arguing for the sake of arguing. you're right, it would not hurt hard to have rad light shows and lasers everywhere. i have my own impression of insomniac events thats independent of their production capabilities. i was just trying to make a point about how important lights/lasers are to a production as a whole but fuck it who cares haha. and i agree with you on hard 13, staring at the massive tv screen was pretty weak.

haha i'm at work, kills time to debate about shit that doesn't really mean shit to anyone in here. HARD in the booking area of their production though is damn good, they just suck at lighting and visuals because of their greed.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

yes, hard sells out and then cries when they get shut down for not studying the FUCKING VENUE POLICIES.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Yea, but justify were your money is going, if you are receiving sans visuals.

I payed $40 for my Noc ticket - considering the all the fire rigs, fire dancers, costumed people on stilts, art installations, cubitron, ********* statues, fireworks....plus lasers?

Hard doesn't even sell tickets early at a cheaper rate - this usually helps both the fans who know they are going, and helps the company get their production money faster.

Despite me being critical, I still want HHM09 to be awesome, imagine that.

and from the pics i've seen, hard is just as much an e-tard paradise as insomniac events, people are just trying to look like hipsters instead of candy kids.

i thought hard got shut down because of idiots who like to plur(according to you), strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Raves are getting bigger each year. Ive been around long enough to see it.

All the people new to the scene are going to be E-Tards. Alot of new people to the scene go to hard events.

If I went to a HARD event without ecstasy I would literally shoot myself in the face. Fuck that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

Yea, but justify were your money is going, if you are receiving sans visuals.

I payed $40 for my Noc ticket - considering the all the fire rigs, fire dancers, costumed people on stilts, art installations, cubitron, ********* statues, fireworks....plus lasers?

Hard doesn't even sell tickets early at a cheaper rate - this usually helps both the fans who know they are going, and helps the company get their production money faster.

Despite me being critical, I still want HHM09 to be awesome, imagine that.
    I do hope HHM09 turns out great for the people going. the summerfest fiasco and then moving people that were announced for one day into 2 days so people either had to spend more money or miss some acts they thought they were going to see is just crazy in my opinion. For those reasons i am done supporting HARD unless they bring out Soulwax, other than that my money will go to supporting every other promotion company.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    and from the pics i've seen, hard is just as much an e-tard paradise as insomniac events, people are just trying to look like hipsters instead of candy kids.
    THANK YOU! Finally someone else says it too.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 09-28-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    i thought hard got shut down because of idiots who like to plur(according to you), strange.
    no, it's because people like you light glowsticks on fire in crowded venues and then dump it over people. that type of shit is why events like this get such attention from cops, and thus get shut down. along with overdosing of course. like i care if you're "plur", i just care that you're lighting chemicals on fire in crowded venues like a complete and utter retard.

Good save. /golfclap
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

it's not a "save" when you were completely misquoting me to begin with.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, it's hard to get over shit like this when shit like this is the very reason shit like HARD gets broken up.
    Context: telling me im retarded for defending feather opening a glowstick with a lighter.

yes, hard sells out and then cries when they get shut down for not studying the FUCKING VENUE POLICIES.
    Ya, im misquoting you. Why lie when you knew what you said?

I feel that people just need to accept Hard fucked up once, and this will be the test to see if they ever get to throw another party again...I am sure Hard Halloween this year is going to be a great time, and if not they are done, I'm bummed I'm missing it but, my finances won't allow me to go to this one. Also, people do drugs at all music festivals...EVERY SINGLE ONE. So people need to stop talking shit about the festivals they don't go to because of drug use, if you can't accept it, don't go to any of them, including Coachella, because there are drugs everywhere there, and a lot of people go for drugs and music, apparently that makes it a bad event?

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    misquoting.

and do all the drugs you want. i have more of a problem with people trying to act like hard is all about the music.

I have a problem with hard acting like its better than the other parties as well, also i have a problem with liars.