Page 134 of 223 FirstFirst ... 129130131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 6663

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

He's even taken to doing videos:

https://www.facebook.com/v/4019903613071
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

A girl I went to high school with was found dead last week but her facebook has continued to keep me informed of her daily horoscope. I feel weird about defriending a dead person but I don't like seeing her picture pop up on my facebook every morning either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I have a couple of friends that have passed away but that remain on my FB, because when their birthdays come or special holidays, you can post messages and see ones that others have posted about missing them, or thinking about them; it's nice. The only thing that sucks is the odd time when people post messages like, "Hey haven't heard from you", or "how you doing?" because they haven't paid enough attention to know the person is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

my dad just "Liked" a photo supporting Marriage definition as "the union of 1 man and 1 woman". FML...
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    A kid that's my brother's age (3-4 years younger than me) that grew up in my neighborhood but moved away and i probably haven't seen him in 12-15 years, just friend requested me. This is his only publicly viewable photo:
    Why is Jesus hanging out with Zues?
    11/23/14 Sky Ferreira - the Independent
    12/16/14 Haerts - the Rickshaw Stop
    12/30/14 Flaming Lips w/Foxygen - the Warfield
    02/26/15 Tony Molina - the Rickshaw Stop
    04/24/15 Polaris - The Chapel

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    A girl I went to high school with was found dead last week but her facebook has continued to keep me informed of her daily horoscope. I feel weird about defriending a dead person but I don't like seeing her picture pop up on my facebook every morning either.
    You could just block the horoscope app.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    my dad just "Liked" a photo supporting Marriage definition as "the union of 1 man and 1 woman". FML...
    this is why you should never be friends with your family on facebook.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Maybe he shouldn't. I like having my family on Facebook because I can stay connected with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Connected to their racism and homophobia?
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I don't think my family is racist and homophobic. Not overtly on Facebook anyway.

@nathan - i rarely go on facebook, except to check in at shows. stuff that people post (family included) almost never bothers me. it's usually just "Like if you Love Jesus" type pics he throws on FB. that one just threw me for a loop. he'll get an earful next time they come up if he does post something like that again tho.

@Amy - I agree, i like seeing what my family is up to since i don't get to see them that often and i hate actually calling anyone on the phone.

@drinkey - racism and homophia and born out of lack of understanding/ignorance. my parents and i don't have a lot of deep discussions about stuff. it's a shame, but i know that in their heads, any homophobia they have is sort of separated from me (does that make sense?). They don't consider my partner and i "the gay community". Lack of cognitive dissonance i guess?
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

Connected to their racism and homophobia?
    That's why she said "Maybe he shouldn't."........

Jorge, i really didn't mean you specifically, but that is weird that they can't make that difference. With what Nathan said, i really earlier in this thread a bunch of us were sharing really ridiculous things a lot of our white trash relatives post on facebook. i have family that i cannot believe I am related to.
    last.fm

On the subject of family, these are the last two posts by my 43-year old cousin. Her daughters are her FB friends, and I assume they read all of this dramatic stuff their mom posts.

As a mother you should always be there for you kids.. Some people chose not be and then blame others for trying to get involved..... I just don't get it.. Some people! UGh
    I don't understand why girls are soo awful to each other... If you were friends at one time and they didn't do anything to hurt you.. Why do you gotta be mean to each other... And that goes for guys too... I can't believe how people treat one another.. It breaks my heart... and you know who you are...
    Edit: More....from a 43-year old.....

I think it's funny how when you think a person is your friend.... And they talk soooo much shit about you.... And they don't have the balls to tell you to your face.. But can put some stupid bullshit on their face book..... She was never my friend... she is the most self person I have ever met.... Ugh!
    Last edited by HotHamWater; 08-15-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Jorge, i really didn't mean you specifically, but that is weird that they can't make that difference
    it's more so my dad than my mom. he's gotten more conservative as he's gotten older. He even flirted with becoming a Mormon in the first couple of years after he was disabled and spent waaaayyyy too much time at home. I think he just liked the daily visits he got from the missionaries since all he had to talk to was my mom and they'd fight most of the time during those couple of years. Once they retired to Ensenada and his health improved, so did their relationship, but he's still a total facebook preacher and likes watching Fox News....that scares me more than anything.

earlier in this thread a bunch of us were sharing really ridiculous things a lot of our white trash relatives post on facebook. i have family that i cannot believe I am related to.
    hahahahaha. yeah, i guess you can't really choose your family.

Now that I think about it, my sister posts guilt trip crap sometimes. I think it was aimed at her son, but not mentioning names. Facebook is not the place for that dramatic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Facebook is not the place for that dramatic bullshit.
    As this thread has proven over and over, Facebook is exactly the place for dramatic bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

It's not what I want on my Facebook.

Speaking of unnecessary drama...all within 3 days....

Screw all the drama! Lets have a great night girls!
    I love how complicated life can be...
    Crying isn't showing weakness, it's showing you've been strong for too long
    It's one of those days where the tears fall freely...
    All I want right now is to feel free and do what I want to do without anyone judging me because I know in my heart that it's time to focus on myself and enjoy life. So for all of you that have issues with the things that I do, worry about yourself because I'm sure you have your own issues to take care. It's time to focus on me and enjoy the life that I have with my friends and family.
    The Crying post got some forehead-slapping sub-drama...

Chris ********* i really hope you feel better....
    Leah **** You're too pretty cry!!!! Chris make sure you hold her close and kiss the tears away!
    Mary **** Diitto to that!
    Chris ********* i wish she would let me......but its me i guess.....i wish team chris would convince her im good for her......but i fear its too late...

Chris sounds like a major pussy.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Coachella Junkie

here's a good one:

THIS IS FACEBOOK NOT PLENTYOFFISH.COM OR MATHMAKER.com OR ANY OTHER KIND OF HOOK UP WEBSITE. UGH! SEE THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS END UP DELETING MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT BEHAVE THEMSELVES. "krista you could just stop adding people you dont know" WELL EXCUSE ME BUT I KIND OF HAVE TO BECAUSE I AM ARTIST SOMEWHAT AND I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE MY WORK AND SADLY FACEBOOK IS ONE OF THE ONLY WAYS FOR ME TO GET MY SHIT OUT THERE SO I ADD PEOPLE BECAUE I WANT THEM TO SEE MY STUFF. SO HOW ABOUT PEOPLE JUST STOP TRYING TO PICK UP CHICKS ON FACEBOOK? NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE I ACCEPT YOUR COMPLIMENTS ON MY LOOKS AND SHIT BUT HONESTLY WHEN YOU SEND ME 10 MESSAGES A DAY THAT SAY "HEY BEAUTIFUL" or "WANNA COOK FOR ME NAKED" YOU ARE JUST ASKING ME TO BASICALLY BLOCK YOU. I HOPE YOUR INTERNET DIES! I DON'T DATE PEOPLE AT ALL AND I DO NOT PLAN ON DATING ANYONE EVER AGAIN SO PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE. AND NO NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND NO MATTER HOW NICE OF A GUY YOU ARE. NOTHING PERSONAL BUT I DON'T BELIEVE IN RELATIONSHIPS AND I NEVER HOOK UP WITH PEOPLE ANYMORE EITHER SO SHOO!

hahaha

oh, summertime...

I cannot wait for it to get cold out! I'm about totally sick of these LITTLE girls with their tight shorts clibing up thier hoo has and their asses hanging out! It makes it damn difficult to keep mine outta them
    "everybody else wears them"
    UGGGGH!
    Last edited by scenicworld; 08-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

He should just know the rule already: You can always look, but not always touch.

Ah, the elusive little girl hoo ha
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 08-16-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    last.fm

I believe its not so elusive for his FB friend, it seems to be the case that there is little girl hoo ha all up in his face

Coachella Junkie

Poll:

Which Coachella tent/stage has the most little girl hoo ha?

Discuss.

Mainstage waiting for Tiesto to close

Radiohead can also account for little girl indie hooha

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Edit: More....from a 43-year old.....
    I think it's funny how when you think a person is your friend.... And they talk soooo much shit about you.... And they don't have the balls to tell you to your face.. But can put some stupid bullshit on their face book..... She was never my friend... she is the most self person I have ever met.... Ugh!
    I hate these ambiguous, attention-seeking posts. Isn't she doing exactly what she is posting against by "talking shit" about someone specific "without having the balls to tell them to their face"?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Not a friend's annoying FB status, but some shit one of my coworkers said to me at my other job. She even wore non-prescription Lumburg-esque glasses because she thought they "looked cool."

1. "I gave a textbook coupon to a guy in a wheelchair and said 'Take this coupon and run with it!'"
    2. Her: "When I see you, i associate you with being a fellow Radiohead fan."
    Me: "What's your favorite album by them then?"
    Her: "I don't know. I don't DO albums."
    3. Her: "Some of my favorite bands are ones that most people have never heard of before."
    Me: "Like what?"
    Her: "Like Against Me and Elvis Costello."
    4. "Kings of Leon is the greatest band ever."
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people