Page 208 of 221 FirstFirst ... 203204205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 6630

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

To my FB friends. I am throwing a CCW party on Sunday July 6th at 1pm. If you are interested in getting your conceal carry permit, you are welcome to join me. It will held at a friends house right here in Castle Rock. He has a nice little shooting area. Class will be given by Rosemary from Pistol Packin Patriots and her assistants. She is very good and also specializes in teaching women how to handle firearms. Class will be aprox 4 hours. Then we will be shooting to demonstrate safety. Cost is only $100 per person. There is still room for a few more so let me know if you're interested. Good times for all.

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE A CLASS FOR THAT SHIT?!

Jesus Christ, maybe I wasn't as aware of it back in Jersey, but it always felt like back there you needed to, like, have a fucking REASON to carry a gun. Like you had to become a private detective in order to get a conceal carry. Probably not the case in reality, but what the fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i know 3 people that teach those classes here. all different levels or racist and only one isn't an actual gun nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I carried an illegal gun illegally for about a year or so when I was a teenager 'cause I kinda had to for work, and that shit was fucking petrifying. I guess having a permit that said I was allowed to would have felt a lot better, but it still would have been an illegal gun. Either way, the entire experience was 95 percent paranoia over being caught by cops with a loaded gun or the safety accidentally going off and me shooting myself, and only about 5 percent "... excuse me? What the fuck did you say?" That 5 percent was alright, but really more stress than it's worth.

Pistol Packin Patriots.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

This girl I knew from HS, who I presumably have been friends with since, is apparently a schizophrenic and in need of mental help.

May 31
    I slapped my mom. She really, really deserved it. She has this sense of superiority over me. I knew the only way to get through to her was to appeal to her emotional nature by creating physical pain, which would in turn instill in her a sense of fear. I don't remember what she was saying at all actually, but she was babying me, so I just took my hand, without even thinking about it for a second first, Peww!! Slap. It apparently hurt her more than I thought it would. Something deep inside me tells me that was absolutely the perfect thing to do. She's actually a little nasty bitch. Something I've noticed that happens frequently is I'll be really, REALLY hard at work programming and my mom's like, Rachel!! RACHEL!! Stop being so couped up in the house!!! You need to get out of the house! Come with me to the gardening store. I hate all things related to gardening. I think it gives her some sort of sick pleasure to treat me like a child.
    June 1
    But now I have to play pretend and actually feel guilty about it and apologize. Really really feel guilty about it. Which I can do easily. I am so good at feeling guilty about things that now I am somewhat incapable of it now. Same concept as with sociopaths. They start out being so caring that they can't handle the pain anymore and they grow cold. Most sociopaths. Most sociopaths. Not all.
    June 1
    It's actually really weird how one word can have several different meanings, not logically related to each other in any way. The worst that I can think of is in the French language, the word for avocado is the same word for lawyer. That's actually incredibly interesting, but I don't know if it's actually funny or not, because right now I'm not in a laughing mood.
    June 1
    What I am doing right now is the true definition of talking to myself. I think something consciously and I say out loud what my subconscious responds through my vocal cords. I should probably tighten the screws a little bit.
    June 1
    I hate it when people say I don't think, I know. No you don't. No. You think
    June 1
    Time to get zyped!
    June 1
    The only thing that really helps me sleep is zyprexa. It helps every single time I'm like this. I asked my subconscious if they've given it to me before, first it said I think so, later it said I don't think so. They give me Ativan without a prescription because they remember giving it to me before. They probably just want me to calm down. They think they remember. They dismiss every single mother fucking thing I say right now because I am not a sentient being right now. But they believe the non mother fucking things.
    June 2
    I am going for a walk and god tells me to go without my music. I'll enjoy it. I ask him is it going to be sick twisted pleasure like enlightenment? The funny thing was I really really believed that.
    June 2
    Then god tells me I have to get some sort of body modification. Burn victim? You're on the right track but no. Amputee? On the right track. Paraplegic? Keep going. Plastic surgery? Yes. Nose job? Nope. Eye reconstructive surgery? Closer. Got it. Get your ears pierced. Something really really bad will happen. It will hurt more than you are expecting and you will be physically ill. People will think you are being a bigger wimp than you are. Humiliation.

Oh dear.

I don't see what gunz and Randy are annoyed about. But yeah, I'm in Arizona.

There was a Somali man in my friend's conceal and carry class who kept asking different variations of the question, "so if someone is messing with my friend, I can shoot them?"
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE A CLASS FOR THAT SHIT?!
    Here in AZ not even a class is required.

You can simply stick a loaded gun in your pocket, in the glove compartment or console or under the seat of your car (pickup truck more likely) or in an ankle holster, etc., and go most anywhere in the state with few restrictions.

Been that way for almost 4 years now. Plenty of guys I work with carry, especially in their vehicles. The sales guys, particularly, are pleased to show you their Precious.

I don't really mind so much the idea of keeping a gun in your car, and I know that Arizona and Texas have some fucking crazy laws, but I would have thought that California would err on the other side of "how easy should we make it for people to walk around with guns? Like, real easy? Oh okay."

Regional attempts to restrict firearms have been made. For instance, in 2005, San Francisco voters passed Proposition H, which restricted handgun possession among San Francisco residents within city limits to police and certain security professionals, and to ban the manufacture, distribution, sale and transfer of firearms and ammunition within the city. It was later struck down in the SF Superior Court, with the ruling stating local governments have no such authority under CA State law to issue the ban. So, this leaves action on the State level and CA has too many conservatives and conservative liberals for meaningful legislation to be implemented, which is also why Wild West style allowances are on the books.
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Jesus Christ... this country is fucked.

Shut up and buy your kids a bulletproof burka you namby pambys. There's too many intimidating dark skinned people out there for us to go about unarmed.

Seriously though, how many of these gun nut motherfuckers that make the news by stroking their firearms at family dining establishments are non-white?

My ex-boyfriend carried his gun everywhere. If he could not bring it into an establishment, he left it in his glovebox.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Jesus Christ... this country is fucked.
    I would much prefer if the good ol’ US of A were more like, say, Western Europe when it came to guns, but that’s not happening in my lifetime or even the lifetime of my children, if ever.

The gun control war was lost (by the gun control side) a generation ago, and the NRA has only solidified that victory in the ensuing years.

However – and I get pilloried by many of my fellow-liberal friends and acquaintances for saying this – I don’t think it actually means we’re fucked because the NRA rules our world. In fact, gun violence in America has come down significantly over the past 20 years (the murder rate by gun, for instance, is nearly half what it was in ’93). You wouldn’t necessarily think that, particularly given the recent news, but anecdote (as horribly real as it is for any individuals involved in any gun violence) isn’t data.

I don’t think this proves the “other side” either, with their “an armed society is a polite and safe society” nonsense. It’s just that the overall gun ownership/gun violence situation in America is more complicated than either side admits.

And who knows, maybe in the future after global warming gets us all and we’ve descended into a sort of Mad Max dystopia some of our descendants might be like Woody Harrelson in “Zombieland” when he finds the cache of weapons in that Hummer and happily calls out “Thank God for rednecks!”.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFH no.6 View Post
    I would much prefer if the good ol’ US of A were more like, say, Western Europe when it came to guns, but that’s not happening in my lifetime or even the lifetime of my children, if ever.

The gun control war was lost (by the gun control side) a generation ago, and the NRA has only solidified that victory in the ensuing years.

However – and I get pilloried by many of my fellow-liberal friends and acquaintances for saying this – I don’t think it actually means we’re fucked because the NRA rules our world. In fact, gun violence in America has come down significantly over the past 20 years (the murder rate by gun, for instance, is nearly half what it was in ’93). You wouldn’t necessarily think that, particularly given the recent news, but anecdote (as horribly real as it is for any individuals involved in any gun violence) isn’t data.

I don’t think this proves the “other side” either, with their “an armed society is a polite and safe society” nonsense. It’s just that the overall gun ownership/gun violence situation in America is more complicated than either side admits.

And who knows, maybe in the future after global warming gets us all and we’ve descended into a sort of Mad Max dystopia some of our descendants might be like Woody Harrelson in “Zombieland” when he finds the cache of weapons in that Hummer and happily calls out “Thank God for rednecks!”.
    There's a "mass shooting" every week now almost. I think I read that there have been 70+ mass shootings since Sandy Hook. Not to mention there have been over 800 shootings this year alone just in Chicago, but because that's mostly gang violence it's not as exciting for the media to report on. There is most definitely a gun problem in this country and I'm not really fond of this attitude that it's too late to change. It's an uphill battle for sure, but we shouldn't be waving a white flag just yet.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    There's a "mass shooting" every week now almost. I think I read that there have been 70+ mass shootings since Sandy Hook. Not to mention there have been over 800 shootings this year alone just in Chicago, but because that's mostly gang violence it's not as exciting for the media to report on. There is most definitely a gun problem in this country and I'm not really fond of this attitude that it's too late to change. It's an uphill battle for sure, but we shouldn't be waving a white flag just yet.
    I stand pilloried (all right, really more like just criticized).

I get what you’re saying, and even if I sound like it I don’t mean to dismiss gun violence in America as “not really a problem” because it is, obviously. A much smaller amount of it than 20 years ago, but still a real and tragic problem.

It’s just that I’m trying to be realistic about what can be done about it.

And in that sense gun control advocates in this country have really and truly lost this war. Neither Sandy Hook, nor any of the mass shootings before or since, nor the vast majority of gun violence that is not “mass shootings” have changed that one iota. If anything “gun rights” have only expanded over the past few years.

The 2nd Amendment interpretation that ignores the “well regulated Militia” part and gives practically unrestricted private gun ownership supremacy now holds sway – which it never did before in our history – all the way to the Supreme Court (hell, asshole Scalia seriously considered whether the Constitution confers on all of us the right to fucking rocket launchers!).

There’s also the very important fact that there are over 300 million of these well-made, long-lasting (like, for generations), easily-transported death machines out there in millions of private hands, along with enough ammo to supply armies. Genie is out of the bottle, how the fuck do you get it back in? We have no more chance of “rounding that all up” then the rightwing asshole fever-dream of rounding up 12 million undocumented aliens and then catapulting them back across the border or whatever fucked-up thing they think of does. Less, I’d say.

And if you don’t get most of the guns'n'ammo out of circulation you still don’t stop the shootings, even if every jurisdiction in the country somehow passed (and then got court blessing for) gun control laws like France. Sadly, not fucking happening in America.

I’d love to be dead wrong about that, just like I’d love to be wrong about the much larger issue of global warming getting us all over the next 50-75 years, but I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I stand pilloried (all right, really more like just criticized).

I get what you’re saying, and even if I sound like it I don’t mean to dismiss gun violence in America as “not really a problem” because it is, obviously. A much smaller amount of it than 20 years ago, but still a real and tragic problem.

It’s just that I’m trying to be realistic about what can be done about it.

And in that sense gun control advocates in this country have really and truly lost this war. Neither Sandy Hook, nor any of the mass shootings before or since, nor the vast majority of gun violence that is not “mass shootings” have changed that one iota. If anything “gun rights” have only expanded over the past few years.

The 2nd Amendment interpretation that ignores the “well regulated Militia” part and gives practically unrestricted private gun ownership supremacy now holds sway – which it never did before in our history – all the way to the Supreme Court (hell, asshole Scalia seriously considered whether the Constitution confers on all of us the right to fucking rocket launchers!).

There’s also the very important fact that there are over 300 million of these well-made, long-lasting (like, for generations), easily-transported death machines out there in millions of private hands, along with enough ammo to supply armies. Genie is out of the bottle, how the fuck do you get it back in? We have no more chance of “rounding that all up” then the rightwing asshole fever-dream of rounding up 12 million undocumented aliens and then catapulting them back across the border or whatever fucked-up thing they think of does. Less, I’d say.

And if you don’t get most of the guns'n'ammo out of circulation you still don’t stop the shootings, even if every jurisdiction in the country somehow passed (and then got court blessing for) gun control laws like France. Sadly, not fucking happening in America.

I’d love to be dead wrong about that, just like I’d love to be wrong about the much larger issue of global warming getting us all over the next 50-75 years, but I don’t think so.

Long-ass double post not my fault, I swear. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Shut up and buy your kids a bulletproof burka you namby pambys. There's too many intimidating dark skinned people out there for us to go about unarmed.
    How about a bullet-proof nap mat? I mean, your kids are going to be shot at anyways so this must be the best solution right?

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

You can teach them about the importance of friendship at the same time! If two kids hug, they're basically an impenetrable bulletproof entity.

It's a Roman military history lesson as well - 2 for 1!

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

He might have a point about 93. It's weird to me now that Chicago is the only city getting major press for a lot of shootings, I remember back in the nineties I think Camden was the murder capital of the country for like 5 out of 10 years, with DC taking three of the other ones. There was definitely a lot of shooting going on. I guess really it just seems like more white people are going fucking apeshit, and when white people go crazy they're not content to just kill ONE person. Noooooo...

Here's an article about the decline of gun homicide in America since '93:

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/...ublic-unaware/

Still, just about every other modern nation on earth has much lower gun violence than we do, so it is a real problem here. Just some perspective that at least it's been getting better for nearly a generation (no consolation to any who have suffered from gun violence in that time, of course).

And holy shit those "bullet-proof mats" for school kids (saw that in an article yesterday) are about as useful as the stupid "duck and cover" drills we did when I was a wee lad in the 50s and early 60s. Fucking absurd.
    Last edited by DFH no.6; 06-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.

trolololol
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Why the insult?

I'm not a troll, but go ahead and consider me to be one if you want. I mean, I don't know you, you don't know me, so it's no skin off my nose or anything.

Genuinely curious why you think that, though, from what I've written here on this (mostly) serious little side-note discussion about guns. How does it qualify as trolling?

I was referring to my own trolling, and making some board memberz buttmad on fb

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yes, disrupting an actual conversation people were trying to have was totally hilarious.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
    NEWS IN BRIEF • Guns • Violence • News • ISSUE 50•21 • May 27, 2014

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-...re-this,36131/