Page 207 of 226 FirstFirst ... 202203204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 6771

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Swol isn't an acronym. It is short for swollen. It means you goin 2 get beefed at teh gym. It is a term used a lot by gym rats
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

SWOL = Swollen

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

UGH. That's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    you goin 2 get beefed at teh gym.
    <3 you sexy beast you.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I am Facebook friends with a girl I went to high school with, she also lives in Phoenix now and has tried to meet for coffee and/or lunch a few times. Today she admitted to having 23 cats... But 10 are foster cats, so it's totally ok.
    Mrs gazercmh used to volunteer at Petco, taking care of the rescue cats for a couple hours a week (while I drank at the bar a few doors down). The lead volunteer lady had a party for all the volunteers at her house. For some reason, we went. All the food was cat-themed, with slices of cheese cut into mouse shapes, goldfish crackers and one of those disgusting litter-box cakes in a real litter box. Every person there would say they they have nine or 10 cats, but then you'd talk a little longer and they'd start mentioning the other seven or eight foster cats they have. (We had two cats at the time, now just one.) The hostess had a bedroom that was wall-to-wall litter boxes. I can still smell it...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Is "swol" more or less annoying than "Beast Mode?"
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Beast mode was some lingo I could get behind.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

My family is broke. I work 40 hours a week at a job that hasn't offered any upward movement in the form of raises or promotions despite the ever-increasing list of responsibilities. My partner just opened her own store but we're not able to take a draw from it yet—we have "pilfered" from its reserves a few times, but if we keep at that, we'll make it fail. So essentially we live on one income with some bonuses now and again.

Yet, we have trouble keeping afloat with rent and bills. Paying monthly rent in halves is becoming harder as our belligerent landlord becomes more frustrated, and we're staring down some utility final notices.

I'm looking for a second job at this point, and have been for the last few weeks. I'm building my own business as a witch doctor and local cunning man. I'll be reading Tarot at local events and am looking into a regular gig in certain locations on regular evenings.

I'm looking into presenting invitational workshops on sorcerous skillsets locally and am open to presenting in different parts of the country if I can get flights, room and board covered as well as a stipend for sharing my work and teaching certain skillsets. Some offerings include: communion with the Land, necromancy, spirit-flight, dream and oracular work, shapeshifting, sex magic, faggo.t mysteries, familiars and spirit allies, crafting charms and fetishes, and others). Also willing to give talks on Traditional Witchcraft, Queer sorcery, sex magic and the sacred body, the intersection of magic and revolution, and the three-fold nature of the soul.

I'm open to giving talks and workshops on the intersections of Fat and Queer, combating sizism and fatphobia, fat and healthcare advocacy, unapologetic body positivity, and dismantling kyriarchy and white supremacist culture in Queer, Pagan and Magical communities.

I'm also applying to immediate entry-level positions like kitchen work and retail and service industry stuff. There are some limits with the need to keep the current job and balance that with childcare and my partner's schedule.

If you have a job hookup that pays over $9/hr and is open to part time (plus) and somewhat flexible, please contact me ASAP.

Also, if you are moved toward gifting my family with any monetary contributions to help us during these hard times, please contact me for my paypal information. Thank you.
    I'm sure one of you could use some necromancy freelancing work.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

What a fucking drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Is "swol" more or less annoying than "Beast Mode?"
    Way less. #swollife may be as annoying though
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

If you take a photo of yourself at the gym, would that be considered a #swolfie?

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

Not annoying, but it's Facebook so going in here. Joe Mad is a Superhumanoids fan! image.jpg
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

Is Joe Madureira the guy who created that comic book "Ash" back in the 90s? Or am I thinking of Joe Quesada?
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

This is my awesome adoptee from '14. He is such a great guy and a gorgeous Aussie. . . the whole package, but then he posts this:

Ugh. I'll still let him into my house though.
    Last edited by algunz; 06-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

How dare they kill those innocent marshmallows

Yeah if they wanna kill something skrillex is right there.

A high school acquaintance posted this from a "Christian stand up comedian":

I like after some TOTAL WILD FACIAL EXPRESSIONS in the beginning, it stops being comedy and turns into a sincerely-delivered political rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Why do Christians always need to "get ready for battle"?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Is Joe Madureira the guy who created that comic book "Ash" back in the 90s? Or am I thinking of Joe Quesada?
    That is Joe Quesada, who went on to be editor-in-chief of Marvel.

Joe Madureira became huge as a penciller for X-men in the late 90s, then moved to Image and formed the Cliffhanger imprint with J. Scott Campbell and Humberto Ramos. Joe Mad's book was Battlechasers. He stopped doing comics for several years to design the Darksiders video games, then went back to Marvel for whom he pencilled the 3rd volume of The Ultimates, and is currently working on a new Inhumans series.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Hahaha ctfu really let me think ummm NOPE not mE i got sumone that makes me happy do u??? I dont move different cities to be with or try to get my baby daddy bak with out knowing wat ima do where ima wrk WHOS gona shelter me but nice try ona come bak.. only part of yo family i got is my kids and DONT WANT NOR NEED MY BD FOR A GOT DAMN THANG his kids do... hahaha so like i said NICE TRY dont be mad CUZ I GOT U FEELN SUM TYPE OF WAY if yo aint no #ITS #MACCIN #BABY
    Hahahah HATE wat on u NEVER u must be feeln sum type of way girl boom I STARTED THIS MACCIN SHYT and ima ALAWYS KEEP IT MACCIN BABY never no hater trust that BABY...
    #BE #LIKE #HER
    #HOE #UP & #BLOW #UP
    #OR #SIT #DOWN #WEN #MACCINS
    #AROUND #PERIOD ������
    This chick transferred to my elementary school in 5th grade because she'd been expelled from her previous one for breaking another girl's nose by throwing a full soda can in her face. She joined my circle of friends because her guardian had her start Girl Scouts with us to try and give her some structure. I was simultaneously scared to death and in total awe of her. She checks into the Olive Garden and Chilli's a lot, and her oldest is about to start highschool.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

my brain hurts now

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

They don't call it the "War On Christmas" for nothing.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    This is my awesome adoptee from '14. He is such a great guy and a gorgeous Aussie. . . the whole package, but then he posts this:

Ugh. I'll still let him into my house though.
    Would those be considered "S'Moores"?

ba dum tsiss
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Coachella Junkie

This chick transferred to my elementary school in 5th grade because she'd been expelled from her previous one for breaking another girl's nose by throwing a full soda can in her face. She joined my circle of friends because her guardian had her start Girl Scouts with us to try and give her some structure. I was simultaneously scared to death and in total awe of her. She checks into the Olive Garden and Chilli's a lot, and her oldest is about to start highschool.
    I'd have more luck deciphering hieroglyphics than her posts.

That is Joe Quesada, who went on to be editor-in-chief of Marvel.

Joe Madureira became huge as a penciller for X-men in the late 90s, then moved to Image and formed the Cliffhanger imprint with J. Scott Campbell and Humberto Ramos. Joe Mad's book was Battlechasers. He stopped doing comics for several years to design the Darksiders video games, then went back to Marvel for whom he pencilled the 3rd volume of The Ultimates, and is currently working on a new Inhumans series.
    Ah, I remember his work on "Uncanny X-Men." Thanks.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Because they've lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Ah, I remember his work on "Uncanny X-Men." Thanks.
    that's where I remember his work from from too.

Umm OK

I've been Raw-Vegan with no caffeine for 10 days.
    Hardest final done & probably the calmest I've ever been during testing.. considering it was cumulative for the whole quarter of chemistry.
    The most ironic part is how many people were concerned for me & warned me about my /health/nutrition, esp. during finals... Both Doctors & non-professionals.
    Yes, I'm definitely eating & getting my calorie intake. Yes I am acquiring sufficient protein along with a flux of nutrients I might not get usually.
    It's just silly how people think these days.... what do you think we did, say 200 years ago. Yes we ate meat & the organs (which are pretty much wasted nowadays) - on occasion when it was available. And when meat wasn't available their was the raw-vegan food... and people lived on.
    in short, you don't need to worry - I'm doing great.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

"It's just silly how people think these days . . . "

Some guy from high school posts memes about guns, hunting, etc.

Today's is a real winner.