Page 206 of 214 FirstFirst ... 201202203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 6396

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Holy shit, you don't use Facebook as a next of kin notification tool. WTF. That reminds me of the lady that was tweeting complaining that a car accident up ahead of her was holding her up, then more tweets that her hubby had been on the same road in a different car at that time, then she saw it was her husband and that he was killed and she tweeted that it was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Hey Ron, what was your faacebook status update after the fact?

Last year, a high school friend posted about her sister passing. She has since posted regular anecdotes about how much she misses her and how she is really sad.

In high school, she hated her sister's guts and made it clear to the world that she wished her dead.

That was in high school, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

She was earnest and detailed with her hate. She was the kind of girl that would kick your ass for leaning against her locker. She was a drunk, but has since found God and wants us all to feel her pain when in fact she has been a TOTAL bitch to her sister for the past 25 years. I get it . . . We can all turn a new leaf, but don't rub your "loss" in everybody's face because now you actually have a reason for people to feel sorry for you.

We were really only "best" friends until 6th grade when one day she decided not to like me anymore because I was too nerdy. She and her other sister followed me home from school and shouted at me about how they were going to kick my ass if I talked to them ever again. It was one of the weirdest moments of my life. (Needless to say I accepted her friend request immediately.)

Wow, I just got a message on FB from a past student. I don't friend students or coworkers, but he was a kid I had when I first started teaching 15 years ago. He and I really connected. He was legally blind and I'm sure his eyesight has deteriorated even more since then. He would hang in my classroom during lunch (letting kids hang out is not something I ever do) and we would talk about movies and music. He was always an outsider and didn't have many friends. He was an amazing artist and a very politically aware, intelligent person - even at 12 years old. He is now 27, living in Portland, and identifies as a woman. I normally cringe when ex students try to reconnect, but I was genuinely excited to hear from her.

AIDS is a fake ass disease invented an distributed by the UNITED STATES GOVERMENT nobody believes you. we know you killed Eazy. and numerous other artists.

Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

How do i sum up the past decade? This week i lost my job at a crisis center for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. There were transportation difficulties, which always arise due to my visual disability, and my supervisor was unsympathetic.

For similar reasons i have been fired from every job i have ever had in my adult life and i struggle with poverty. Trying my hardest right now to not let this failure devour my sense of self worth.

The radical-left political community in Portland which i have long been immersed in is in a state of fracture and disarray. My sole focus is on revolutionary organizing to fight for a better future for humanity as well as ways to uplift those at the bottom in the here & now.

Since leaving a communist party i am now organizing with a Latin American solidarity committee, which supports migrant detainees in private prisons as a broader strategy to target the prison system. We also support social movments across borders in the Americas. i am involved in animal liberation activism as well.

i rarely make art anymore even tho that's what i studied in college. In grad school i studied art psychology to apply that to social services but that fell thru. Season & i broke up after 7 years together. i am starting to write poetry again. i volunteer at a family homeless shelter and may volunteer at a feminist bookstore. Still planning my next moves!

As of two months ago i am recloseted and dealing with the transsexualism i have felt for awhile. Before that i was living out and open which made life difficult. My family does not understand and we have long been distant, living in different states. i never plan to return to the conservative tumor that is Orange County.

My family at this point is my other-me and my closest comrade Irene. We share a constant intense soul connection. We met defending homes against gentrification and foreclosure. Our relationship is unorthodox and without commitment so there is heartache there. But we are always so loving and good to each other.

Okay your turn to sum up the past decade! ��
    I'm so glad she decided to find me, and I can't wait to hear more from her.
    Last edited by algunz; 05-25-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Did you fuck this kid up by pulling a Ron 15 years ago?

Hey marooko, just cuz I feel like no one's said it lately: you are a useless, inarticulate shit bag.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

i would give her a fuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It's Zack, but all of you ingrates spell it wrong. Even those of you that have in the past been corrected continue to spell it with an H.
    Point taken...

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

This guy's latest status update is pure gold.

FOR THE RECORD IF ANYONE WANTS TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT SOMETHING I SAY THEN AT LEAST UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM REALLY EXPLAINING BEFORE REPLYING WITH SUCH NEGATIVITY AND EGO.
    (Ways to reply.... AND "UNDERSTAND" what i am writing about in my posts)

A. Read my post "FULLY" (Not just the first 12 words)

B. Be able to think outside of the box in which the education you received put you in
    Such as for starters how many levels of atmosphere do we have between "us" and the ionosphere? And is there one even above that?

C. Be good at math up to the level of calculus or higher
    I. Know how many feet make 1 meter in decimal notation by memory
    II. Know how many feet per second equals 60 miles per hour by recall.
    III. Know the increase of pressure water experiences for every 1 foot in sea level you rise. And think then why they build water towers high.
    IV. Know how many feet make a kilometer, how many make a mile and how many feet make 1 nautical mile.
    V. Know the imperial and metric system completely.
    VI. Know the prefixes for the atomic scale from the Planck up to peta, exa, yotta etc.
    VII. know how to calculate the rotational velocity experienced at the tips of a wind mill based on its Rpm and the length of each are as it relates to its circumference.

D. Be able to make time to rework my work such as numerical values given or facts
    that i state.

E. Be able to explain electrolysis in its entirety.

F. Be able to create electrolysis using only household items.

G. Understand chemistry above organic chem.

H. Explain the difference between ionic and covalent bonds.

I. Explain how to break different bonds. And be able to explain the difference between an Atomic or "fission" Weapon and a Thermonuclear Hydrogen or "Fusion" weapon.

J. Be able to create a generator using household items that is capable of generating at least enough electrical output to light up a single white led.

K. Explain how a generator works. The difference between induction and conduction?

L. Explain What Ohms are and the importance they play in not letting the hair dryer fall into the bathtub.

M. Understand the way in which potential energy and kinetic energy are exchanged and what Delta means in Physics and Math.

N. Be able to explain how a single photon or Single particle of light is created or how it is a bi-product of Electromagnetism. And explain what a positron is and why it is vastly important to light?

O. Know the exact speed of light in meters per second. Ill give you the first 6 numbers to start you can guess the rest. (299,792,XXX) meters per second

P. Know how many feet equal 1 meter exactly in decimal notation. (3.280XX feet)

Q. Understand the types of compounds and bonds that exist and their overall
    difference. As well as be able to identify and recall every element including the non naturally occurring earth elements on the Periodic table of Elements chart by memory. Or at least recall elements 1-118 in order.

R. Be able to tell me why Na or sodium is extremely volatile and why Chlorine is also Noxious but when they are bonded together as NaCl they become neutral or as necessary for life in the form of Common table salt.

S. Be able to identify and explain what oxidation is and why its important in chemical reactions and even in architecture or bridge building.

T. Be able to tell me what you get when you create a solution of 60:40 Potassium nitrate and Sucrose?

U. Know the physical constants of gravity for all planets. What is the speed of sound at sea level by memory? What is the escape velocity in kilometers per second for Planet Earth?

V. Be able to explain the periods of our moons rotation and the reason it does not rotate or does it?

W. Be able to know off the bat which direction the planets rotate if looking down from above the north pole in space and what planet does not rotate the same direction as the others and why?

X. Be able to multiply numerical values mentally that are up to 4 digits by 4 digits. Such as 4,238 X 2,994=?? Do this in you're head.

Y. Be able to explain the charges of all subatomic particles and the quark layout for protons and neutrons? UP UP DOWN OR DOWN DOWN UP?

Z. And since i don't have any more letters in the alphabet to use for things someone who is reading this must be able to do before the can feel as if they are capable of trying to start an argument with me about what i spend my entire life doing i would like whoever reads this to ask themselves how many skittles would it take to fill up the Dallas cowboys stadium all the way to the edge of the arena walls?

Because if anyone who has read this can do at 18 of the 26 letters worth of things i am well studied in then i am open to hearing you're argument. BUT UNTIL THEN KEEP YOU'RE IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF!!!!!!! I DO NOT NEED TO SLOW MYSELF DOWN TO ARGUE WITH SOMEONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY ARE KEEPING UP.
    And I should mention that he dropped out of college his sophomore or junior year.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 05-26-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

And I should mention that he dropped out of college his sophomore or junior year
    Let me guess: "there's nothing these teachers can teach me anyways"?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Let me guess: "there's nothing these teachers can teach me anyways"?
    I'm not sure what his reasons for dropping out were, but he was getting a degree in business. He's since "self-taught" himself physics and chemistry, or so he claims, but he loses his shit when he's called out for not knowing what he's talking about. He also has made recent claims that he's solved the energy crisis.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

...He's since "self-taught" himself physics and chemistry...he loses his shit when he's called out for not knowing what he's talking about...
    Sounds about right hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha99 View Post
    Point taken...
    should be spelled Zatch as in snatch!
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I'd like to hear about his homemade electrolysis methods.

I am Facebook friends with a girl I went to high school with, she also lives in Phoenix now and has tried to meet for coffee and/or lunch a few times. Today she admitted to having 23 cats... But 10 are foster cats, so it's totally ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'm not sure what his reasons for dropping out were, but he was getting a degree in business. He's since "self-taught" himself physics and chemistry, or so he claims, but he loses his shit when he's called out for not knowing what he's talking about. He also has made recent claims that he's solved the energy crisis.
    Huh, I'm friends with Randy, too, and don't recall seeing that status update.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Some dude from my work killed himself, and his last facebook update was complaining about how alone in the world he was. Psssh, talk about annnnooooyyyyiiiinnngggg.

I always thought posting they are going to the gym everyday was annoying, but now I discovered that isn't as annoying as the people posting about going to the gym but include "Getting my SWOL on" or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

What the fuck is SWOL and why can't anybody just fucking spell shit out anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Whenever I see something like that I just make up the silliest thing it could possibly be within the context, and then dismiss it. SMH has been: So Many Hotdogs! Shave My Horse! Serve Me Humus! Shock My Hole! Ect...

Is it So Much Hate? IS THAT WHAT IT MEANS???

Shaking my head. I don't know what SWOL is.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

God I feel so old.

Spank My Heiney.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

This guy's latest status update is pure gold.

And I should mention that he dropped out of college his sophomore or junior year.
    I notice that he does not list correct placement of apostrophes.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I am Facebook friends with a girl I went to high school with, she also lives in Phoenix now and has tried to meet for coffee and/or lunch a few times. Today she admitted to having 23 cats... But 10 are foster cats, so it's totally ok.
    TWENTY THREE CATS? She has a problem.