Page 193 of 214 FirstFirst ... 188189190191192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 6396

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Obviously, Supre & Xan aren't your friends.

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I would hope that the affluenza case get appealed and overruled at some point. Horrible precedent to set...even for the state of Texas.
    That'd be double jeopardy if you mean that the person gets a different sentence. The criminal judgment is final, but if this kid's actions are any suggestion, he's gonna violate that probation.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Cara, you can just call out TC, NMH, and Frank.
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Obviously, Supre & Xan aren't your friends.
    Haha. There's a few more (coughcoughgetbettercoughcough). A few of my SF dance music friends all post/promote all of the same shit, too.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

"Come see Tha Kernal Flavor O'Danger spin tonight at Skinny's in NOHO!"

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    So if one of your friends posted that seeing pictures of food is really making it difficult to stick to their diet, you would make a mental note to exclude that person from any posts mentioning food?
    That seems to me to be a more unreasonable request, but that probably says more about how I use Facebook than anything else. I play zero Facebook games yet I'd bet a good third of my posts are related to cooking/baking/eating/restaurants (I don't post very much).

That being said if I saw such a request I would probably set it up so they don't see my posts/activity as a default. If they were close/important to me I would try to remember to include them if I was talking about something I thought they'd be interested in and/or try to make a point of commenting on their posts, etc. Or of staying in touch some other way.

And as I noted I have no idea how game requests work, not having ever played any Facebook games.

And maybe I am wrong, maybe that is a more reasonable request as there is no way to block posts by content but there are ways to block posts from games and game requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    That'd be double jeopardy if you mean that the person gets a different sentence. The criminal judgment is final, but if this kid's actions are any suggestion, he's gonna violate that probation.
    Hmm. I'd need a refresher but couldn't the prosecution appeal a criminal judgement if the judge allowed impermissible evidence or testimony? I guess there is always the legislation to fix this...

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Even though we have 80 mutual friends on facebook, don't forget that most of us have another several hundred friends that may not be among those sharing these same links, and we'd like to share it with them too.
    Just stop sharing anything ever everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    That seems to me to be a more unreasonable request, but that probably says more about how I use Facebook than anything else. I play zero Facebook games yet I'd bet a good third of my posts are related to cooking/baking/eating/restaurants (I don't post very much).

That being said if I saw such a request I would probably set it up so they don't see my posts/activity as a default. If they were close/important to me I would try to remember to include them if I was talking about something I thought they'd be interested in and/or try to make a point of commenting on their posts, etc. Or of staying in touch some other way.

And as I noted I have no idea how game requests work, not having ever played any Facebook games.

And maybe I am wrong, maybe that is a more reasonable request as there is no way to block posts by content but there are ways to block posts from games and game requests.

you sound like a very considerate facebook friend, but most people aren't as considerate, and/or in many cases unaware of how to set up groups. I block a bunch of apps from appearing in my feed or sending me invites, but some of the games are very crafty in getting around filters, and with gamers being rewarded by sending the annoying invites it's always going to be an uphill battle to block them.

getting so angry from a harmless game invite, no matter how annoying they are, is a bit much and she makes a post complaining about them several times a month. I would have thought that she'd have removed all the offenders by now.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Huh. That sounds like a different situation where she wants to complain, wants the attention, for people to feel pity for her.

I think it's a reasonable request but I don't think it is a reasonable thing to insist upon and go on and on about. In that case I would likely keep her from seeing my feed, block her own posts or unfriend her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

So she doesn't seem to want to see posts or play games: why is she on facebook?
    This was the only sane response to this woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

so does unclicking the "show in newsfeed" mean you don't have to see their posts "that" often?

I just had an acquaintance work person take up my whole feed with selfies. i get it. you're young and cute.. but after the first 3 or 4 in a row it just became completely annoying.....(10 later I unclicked the newsfeed option), especially since you've posted them all before. are you trolling for men? or is that what 20 somethings do now? why am i friends with you? bleh.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    so does unclicking the "show in newsfeed" mean you don't have to see their posts "that" often?

I just had an acquaintance work person take up my whole feed with selfies. i get it. you're young and cute.. but after the first 3 or 4 in a row it just became completely annoying.....(10 later I unclicked the newsfeed option), especially since you've posted them all before. are you trolling for men? or is that what 20 somethings do now? why am i friends with you? bleh.
    You can block their posts altogether without unfriending. I did this with my ex and now I never see his posts in my feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Hmm. I'd need a refresher but couldn't the prosecution appeal a criminal judgement if the judge allowed impermissible evidence or testimony? I guess there is always the legislation to fix this...
    You could lessen the sentence, but you can't impose a harsher sentence once one has been imposed. If that were the case then it would allow prosecutors to try certain weaker theories in attempts to get longer/harsher sentences and, if unsuccessful, fall back on appeal to more acceptable ones. The defense could appeal for impermissible evidence or testimony, but that is not allowed for prosecutors after the trial has finished and a judgment has been given out. If the judge allowed impermissible evidence or testimony, the prosecutor's recourse would be to move for a mistrial as soon as its raised.

Edit: here's an article about that case in particular that has the same conclusion.
    Last edited by bmack86; 12-16-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Pee on sister.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Break the system! Urinate in the sink!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I never ever thought about doing that until my husband told me he did it.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I have peed in many sinks.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Pee on, and god bless the Micturition Militia.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

There are people who let others decide whether they pee in the shower? Assuming you shower alone, who would know?

FUCK VB JAIL! Ugh what a fucked up day! Ready to go drink!
    You put me in jail twice now, you married that ugly nobody ass girl, you broke my heart and you broke my sons heart! But one thing you can't do is take my pride! I'm gonna stay strong and take care of my son regardless ! Fuck you & fuck her! Ima do me & Ima be ok!
    The difference between me & u --- u bought ur car with a swap in it! I bought a completely stock car with a y8 and put my car together ! Built not bought! Clown! Get on my level hoe! My car will crush ur shit! See you in the streets!
    I can't even.
    Last edited by Boourns; 12-20-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I can't even.
    i want her on my feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

What the hell is a swap? I know nothing about cars.

No idea. Swapped engine? But she has a photo album of a Paul Walker memorial cruise.

beating a dead horse, but here we go

"Dear #A&E,

You are missing the bigger picture and will regret your decision in the morning. Meanwhile, we will be stopping our viewing of all shows on your network dispite our love for many shows you air. Hoping when you wake up tomorrow things will be righted.

Regards,
    A once loyal viewer"
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

loyal viewer? shit, i only remember that a&e exists when i read about their stars makes hateful comments about other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm a bit intrigued about A&E's RODEO GIRLS

A childhood friend who recently reconnected with me via facebook is uber religious, and just posted this.

1472834_633964156663040_963432553_n.jpg

It's true "As a guy, vagina is preferable to anus" is right there in 2 Corinthians.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I have shamefully been rope-a-doped into 2 Duck Dynasty conversations. The baby killer joke was just too good to pass up though
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .