Page 173 of 213 FirstFirst ... 168169170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 6376

Thread: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    This guy struck again just now
    post comment thread
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Default Re: The Thread In Which We Post Our Facebook Friends' Annoying Status Updates

Better yet, post a link to the comment thread. I can't find him on facebook.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Better yet, post a link to the comment thread. I can't find him on facebook.
    I had that problem last time too.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 07-25-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

This guy doesn't know what an amniotic sac is? Color me shocked.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am getting increasingly annoyed at years old articles suddenly going viral and people sharing them as if they're shocking and brand new. Especially things that turned out to be fake. Can't people look at fucking published dates? All this "i am outraged blah blah blah" bullshit about things that didn't happen, issues that have since been totally resolved or never materialized, etc. makes me loony.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

THAT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I am getting increasingly annoyed at years old articles suddenly going viral and people sharing them as if they're shocking and brand new. Especially things that turned out to be fake. Can't people look at fucking published dates? All this "i am outraged blah blah blah" bullshit about things that didn't happen, issues that have since been totally resolved or never materialized, etc. makes me loony.
    I lost my oldest friend from high school over something like this. In the wake of Obama being re-elected, he started posting a bunch of extremely right wing shit, and when I called him on it, he said it was just a parody to rile up another one of his friends. But then a couple months later, he's still sharing these articles pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democratic party re: gun control, which may be a valid point, but the shit he's sharing is patently false. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was this post about some Southern Senator who apparently voted to ban guns from households (or some stupid shit) but then was in the news for having shot a home intruder. This former friend posted the article and wrote something along the lines of, "Huh, nice double standard," and after a couple quick Google searches, I was able to determine that the story a) was debunked by Snopes and the Senator (who, yes, was a Democrat) actually had a favorable rating from the NRA; and b) was like 3 fucking years old. I told him to stop just blindly accepting whatever he reads on his right-wing blogs as gospel and exhibiting some critical thought; I couldn't see his posts anymore after that and when I took a look at his profile, I saw that we were no longer friends. Big fucking loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

well at least you didn't unfriend him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Facebook, don't pretend my estranged husband's girlfriend and aunt are requesting my friendship. Cuz it's freaky. No way they would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I had an ex-girlfriend's mom try to friend me on facebook, and it turned out she was clicking buttons and had no idea what she was doing.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Facebook, don't pretend my estranged husband's girlfriend and aunt are requesting my friendship. Cuz it's freaky. No way they would do that.
    You might want to deny those fb requests. If someone sends you a friend request that goes ignored they can see more of your profile than you'd probably like.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

An old friend of my mom that I never knew well friend requested me and I ignored it, and she kept re-requesting me. This went 3 or 4 more times until it got to the point where I messaged her to say I was limiting my friends to a certain number and not accepting further requests. Turns out she just wanted to market a stupid book she wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

DELETED FROM NET
    Last edited by Archie Bunker; 07-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I always ate lunch by myself in high school and never kept up with anyone I knew so a reunion would be pointless, and I don't think anyone would remember me.
    I would have totally eaten lunch with you, provided your hair was its natural color.

High school reunions were rendered pointless by Facebook.

Good riddance.

These bloodsucking companies would take advantage of the fact that nobody felt like (or had the time) to organize them, so they would offer some really lame turnkey reunion at the local Holiday Inn for like $80/head, and serve some awful buffet spaghetti dinner.

I went to my 10-year reunion like this, and it was terrible. Nobody I cared about showed up, and the people I didn't care about (or didn't like) were all there. I had like nothing to say to anyone.

Adding to the frustration, I partially chose to go because I had developed a back-and-forth e-mail conversation with a girl I had always liked in high school, but never had the balls to do anything about at the time. She had no clue about my decade-old crush, but we got along really well talking in e-mail (which originally spawned from a group e-mail about the reunion), and she kept telling me how excited she was to see me again. Keep in mind that I wasn't baiting these comments by saying I was excited to see her, or anything lame/creepy like that. She was repeatedly writing stuff like that to me, and I felt like I was going to totally make up for my inaction ten years prior.

So I got there, and she was nowhere to be found. Finally, she showed up late with one of her old high school friends, and pretty much stood in the corner the whole time. When I tried to approach her, she gave a really soft "Hi" and didn't seem to give a shit about me being there. I wasn't sure if this was a product of extreme shyness (though she wasn't that shy in high school) or deciding I hadn't aged well, but that was another huge letdown.

Those were dark times.
    Last edited by Archie Bunker; 07-31-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I told him to stop just blindly accepting whatever he reads on his right-wing blogs as gospel and exhibiting some critical thought.
    the internet has led me to believe that a lot of people aren't capable of critical thought.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Failure is the beginning of success.
    Says the girl who had to quit or she was going to be fired for incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Maybe she will learn to be more competent...?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I somehow very much doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Seeing photos of people who once were total fucking drug-addled, drunken lunatics back when I knew them and are now totally sober,with kids, and quite happy and jolly is very weird. I got the curious and looked up this girl who I used to hang with like 8-10 years ago before she went off the deep end and eventually cleaned up her life after she killed someone while drunk driving.
    last.fm

Seeing photos of people who once were total fucking drug-addled, drunken lunatics back when I knew them and are now totally sober,with kids, and quite happy and jolly is very weird. I got the curious and looked up this girl who I used to hang with like 8-10 years ago before she went off the deep end and eventually cleaned up her life after she killed someone while drunk driving.
    /feelgoodstoryoftheyear
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Hey now...she doesn't deserve to get that kind of life.

Derek Medina Posts Photo Of Wife's Body, Murder Confession To Facebook (PHOTO) (UPDATED)
    Posted: 08/08/2013 4:53 pm EDT | Updated: 08/09/2013 8:47 am EDT
    derek medina facebook
    A horrifying crime scene in South Miami hit Facebook Thursday when a man posted a photo of his dead wife -- and a confession that he had killed her.

Derek Medina posted the photo some time around noon Thursday, with the words "Rip Jennifer Alfonso." The image shows his wife's leggings-clad body slumped backwards on the floor in what appears to be the couple's kitchen. Her face and left arm are covered in blood.

"You will see me in the news," reads a confessional status update posted minutes before the photo:

Im going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys takecare Facebook people you will see me in the news" my wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me "
    According to an arrest affidavit by Miami-Dade Police, Medina told investigators he and Alfonso had a verbal dispute around 10:00 a.m., during which he grabbed a gun from a closet and pointed it at his wife. She reportedly told Medina she was leaving him before the dispute moved downstairs.

There, Medina told police, Alfonso began punching him. He retrieved the gun from upstairs and again confronted his wife, prompting her to pick up a knife. He told detectives that when he took the knife away, his wife began hitting him again, at which point he shot her several times.

After first changing his clothes and making contact with relatives, according to investigators, Medina drove to the South Miami Police Department and turned himself in.

When officers responded to the home, they found Alfonso dead from apparent gunshot wounds.

They also found her 10-year-old daughter upstairs, physically unharmed. She was removed from the house covered in a blanket, according to WSVN.

Miami New Times reports Medina has authored a number of self-help e-books, including one titled "How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication."

A neighbor told NBC6 that Medina "walks around with a concealed gun, so he tries to be the neighborhood watchguy."

"He's always there late night and he's weird to me," said Yoshi Dade. "He's always kind of looking around and trying to be a hero."

Medina's father told WSVN that the couple had a troubled relationship, and had remarried last year after previously getting a divorce.

Incredibly, Medina's grisly posts remained published on Facebook until just before 5 p.m. Thursday, when they appeared to have been removed.

"The content was reported to us," a Facebook spokeswoman told The Associated Press. "We took action on the profile -- removing the content and disabling the profile, and we reached out to law enforcement. We take action on all content that violates our terms, which are clearly laid out on our site."
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I saw that yesterday. So fucking bizzare.

Also, the guy has a facebook friend named Dick Danger.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

fucking Florida.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

He was obviously acting in self defense.

THE THREAD IN WHICH YOU MURDER A BOARD MEMBER AND POST A PICTURE AND A CONFESSION

i think this could be promising.

What's crazy is that it stayed up for about three hours. People's responses were like "whaaa?" and "seriously?". The pic kind of looked like she could have been pretending to be dead (if she was really limber, of course) and I sort of wonder if people thought they were playing a joke on people or something.

Fucking weirdest thing I've seen in a long time.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.