Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What about Latin music?

Default Re: What about Latin music?

Just caught an act that was down here, from the Bay area. They are called Bang Data. Great act. They'd be a great addition for next year.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Any other obscure acts that might be worth seeing at Coachella 2013? I have one:

Pegasvs - Spanish pop duo from Barcelona. Their latest album is pretty damn good.

What else? I heard a strong rumor of Cafe Tacvba playing this year, what what other bands might we expect?

Bajofondo?
    Carla Morrison?
    Is Omar Rodriguez still considered latin?
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 01-16-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Any other obscure acts that might be worth seeing at Coachella 2013? I have one:
    Pegasvs - Spanish pop duo from Barcelona. Their latest album is pretty damn good.

What else? I heard a strong rumor of Cafe Tacvba playing this year, what what other bands might we expect?

Bajofondo?
    Carla Morrison?
    Is Omar Rodriguez still considered latin?
    yeah, pegasvs's eponymous album is awesome!

also, if vive latino http://www.vivelatino.com.mx/ is any indication, we might also see;
    a band of bitches
    alex anwandter
    carla morrison (coachella gives love to latin grammy winners!)
    los fabulosos cadillacs (above all, i really hope that we see them)
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

caifanes sold out Coachella one year
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Descartes A Kant
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    not exactly sure what you mean...

being that their coachella appearance was one of two dates on their website since 1995, i was surprised at the size of the audience 15 minutes before their set time at the outdoor theater (for a band that headlined latin america's arguably biggest music festival).

their t-shirts that year sold out immediately and my husband (who loved them since the 90's) didn't get one
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    nah, bros sold out coachella that year...

A Band of Bitches would be a cool addition. Does anyone know if they play Plastilina Mosh songs live?

Last edited by ialvarado2; 01-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    nah, bros sold out coachella that year...
    A Band of Bitches would be a cool addition. Does anyone know if they play Plastilina Mosh songs live?
    attendees sell out coachella, period. "bros" turned 2010 into clusterfuckchella.
    what is a "bro" anyways?

band of bitches would make for a fun show given their gimmick: http://music.remezcla.com/2012/latin...ack-interview/