Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2010 Glastonbury Coachella Board Meetup

Default Re: The Official 2010 Glastonbury Coachella Board Meetup

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I like how one of chiapet's facebook friends was trying to tell chiapet about a helfpul thread on the coachella board called "gastonbury from the eyes of coachella" lol.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Pulp 28/1
    Blur 25/1

Wat. Blur did just that in 2009.

Mgmt 100/1

Wow. Now that's funny.

In 1998, Bob Dylan played before Pulp on Sunday night on the Pyramid stage, a slot that Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen had the past two years. I have a feeling he will get it again in 2010. But not headline.
    Indeed - it's a sketchy list / odds.

As you note, there is zero chance of Blur taking the same slot as last year, or being back at all.

Definitely not to be taken seriously - just a bookmaker trying to make money. What's perhaps more interesting is that this is the first time, to my knowledge, somone's run a book on it.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

oh my god. great pictures. where'd you find those?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...bury_2009.html

I'm excited.

So does anyone know the list of all boardies who are registered with a deposit down or fully purchased ticket at this point? I will update page one. I can dig more when I get home I have a shitty work internet connection with this board though.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Ok. So now who has tips on getting cheap airfare?
    Is this one of those situations where it lays to buy way in advance or to wait it out?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Who are we missing (who'd said they were going to buy tickets today)? Gonsh? Blinken?
    Yeah I kinda talked myself out of it Saturday afternoon, I don't know if I can take all the time off that would be needed. I am still considering it and might pick up tickets when they go back on sale in the months ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

I would say come January look daily for deals. Check everything from airlines directly to Orbitz/Expedia etc... The best deal can come from any place really so it's just a matter of exhausting every resource until you find the best deal.

I have noticed that Dublin, Ireland is the cheapest place to fly into and RT flights from Dublin to London can pretty cheap as well, so if you don't mind a little extra time on the airplanes and such, it might be best to fly into the cheapest place in Europe and then over to London since you can always find cheap flights within europe.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

hahaha the captions for all the photos refer to festival goers as "revellers". hahaha. I can't wait to revel.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Ok. So now who has tips on getting cheap airfare?
    Is this one of those situations where it lays to buy way in advance or to wait it out?
    keep an eye on it. if you find a round trip for under $1000 don't wait. you may be lucky enough to find a round trip fare for as little as $800 (from SFO or LAX that is... if you are flying from elsewhere who knows).

I notice airlines usually have a sale in spring. when I went to europe last year I bought my june flights in the beginning of march and got a round trip for $1040. then within a month of that united had a sale that would have saved me $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Yeah I kinda talked myself out of it Saturday afternoon, I don't know if I can take all the time off that would be needed. I am still considering it and might pick up tickets when they go back on sale in the months ahead.
    No excuses. Make it happen. We want you there.

Are there any good Glasto boards out there?
    All I found were some pretty sparse efstivals ones.

Where do the Glasto people go to bitch about Uffie?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

efestivals is pretty much it. Gets a lot of activity, though.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Oh wait, I got them confused.

it was Virtual Festivals that was sparse.

Efests is pretty good.

Thanks!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...2010-sells-out

Glastonbury 2010 sells out in 24 hours

Tickets for the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury festival have sold out within a day of going on sale

* Tim Jonze
    * guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 October 2009 11.00 BST
    * Article history

Tickets for next year's Glastonbury festival have sold out in less than 24 hours. Those who registered for early tickets hit the phone lines yesterday (Sunday 4 October) to secure entrance to a festival that has yet to announce its lineup and is still nine months away.

Last year's festival took several weeks to sell out, whereas Glastonbury 2008 didn't sell out until the day of the event itself thanks to poor weather in previous years. This year's swift sales will have been helped by rumours that the festival's 40th anniversary may draw some special headliners. U2, Radiohead and Beyoncé have all been rumoured, while organiser Michael Eavis has promised the lineup will include a band from each year of the festival's history. The success of Glastonbury 2009, which combined decent weather with big-name acts like Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and Blur, will also have helped sales.

Tickets for next year's event cost £185, an increase of £10 on this year. However, it was possible to secure tickets with a £50 deposit, with the full payment not due until 28 February 2010.

Fans who don't have tickets shouldn't despair just yet – organisers say that a small number will become available in the coming weeks. Those who want a chance of buying them should register now at glastonburyregistration.co.uk.
    You know, I can actually see this happening. Beyonce would continue the tradition of the occasional controversial headliner, Radiohead's headlining sets were the stuff of legends and coming back for the anniversary would be extra special, and rumor has it U2 and the Rolling Stones were the two big bands Michael Eavis was talking to all the way back in June, so maybe.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Wow, I don't know how you guys do it. I'm barely gonna be able to afford Coachella.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I like how one of chiapet's facebook friends was trying to tell chiapet about a helfpul thread on the coachella board called "gastonbury from the eyes of coachella" lol.
    She is a board member - adagio74. She doesn't post on many of the threads though.

I can't believe how much airfare has gone up -- I've usually paid around $400-600 to go to London roundtrip (nonstop as well). I think I'll wait it out a bit....

So I guess Zane Lowe says headliners will be U2, Muse & Kasabian while Steve Lamacq says it will be The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Coldplay. Hopefully David Bowie is the only correct guess. Well, I guess I'd settle for U2 too.

Kasabian doesn't sound much like a 40th anniversary headliner to me. That'd be a letdown. Despite hating on the Stones last night, I'd love those three headliners.

Kasabian? Jesus christ. I don't care about the headliners per se anyway. I just need a few acts on each day is all. There is so much to do there I can find something to do during Coldplay if need be.

the 40th Ann should make all British acts bury their hatchets out of a sense of National Duty.

Kinks
    Pulp
    Suede
    Stone Roses
    (Zombie) T Rex
    (Zombie) Sweet
    The Smiths (taze Moz if he acts like a cunt)
    And so forth.

My worst nightmare. I'd rather have Oasis and that ain't saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    the 40th Ann should make all British acts bury their hatchets out of a sense of National Duty.

Kinks
    Pulp
    Suede
    Stone Roses
    (Zombie) T Rex
    (Zombie) Sweet
    The Smiths (taze Moz if he acts like a cunt)
    And so forth.
    I may reconsider my ignore of you. Though I've heard (and by heard, I mean, have obsessively scoured live recordings and have come to the conclusion) that the Stone Roses are really terrible live.

Yeah, but I figure bad Stone Roses might well be better than no Stone Roses.

If David Bowie is the headliner for Glastonbury, the regret will fall on me like an avalanche.

You and a few million others, Aaron. If I could wish it into being, I would.

If some of the headliners leak or are announced before the cancellation deadline, some will cancel their tickets because they don't like them.

And £43.50 for a coach from London and back. So around $70 right now...not bad. I say we all take the 7am coach to the festival.

Anyone worrying that they might not get the headliners they want - don't worry. When you get there, you'll realize it doesn't matter.

Based on Boourns thread, it sounds like I might not ever find out where the main stage is anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Steve Lamacq says it will be The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Coldplay
    Fairly sure that was just reporting the bookmakers favourites, rather than any actual info.

And they're not that confident they're right either:

"We have lost a few quid on the headline act for two years running and it will be interesting to see if punters get it right again," said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.