Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pinpoint Where America Went Wrong

Default Re: Pinpoint Where America Went Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    This sort of paraphrases the Dali Lama. Just sayin'.
    The closest thing I have gotten to reading anything about the Dali Lama is a book called The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac. Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    As for past,generally speaking,of all the volatile turning points in history-many are a matter of happenstance.Take Hitler for example-that man's behavior was quite peculiar to say the least.
    Happenstance? The worldwide depression (Great Depression) ushered in an era of fear and desperation in which the German people would do anything if they thought it would fix their failing country. Apparently and unfortunately, murdering millions of people fell under that "anything".

Perculiar? Believing ones race is peculiar? That belief comes up over and over in history.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing destiny here. I'm saying there is an underlying set of characteristics in the human consciouness that pushes us in certain directions.

Pair happenstance occurrences with spin and more often than not you get the 'official' version that makes it into the history books.

Here's a tid bit I'm pretty sure none of you know, the Boston Massacre had nothing to do with Revolution or freedom or even politics. It was a simply a brawl between American sailors and British soldiers. The brawl started because the sailors were pissed that the poorly paid Redcoats were getting hired on at the waterfront. The brawl escalated and caused the young officer in charge of the Redcoats to freak out and ordered them to fire, the first to be slain was a free black sailor fighting for his job.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

The Declaration of Independence was what, 1776?

Country's still young. Many more ancient states have been to more terrible depths and set things right. The arc of history is long and all that.

Young blood

Believing its only a two party system.

Young blood

Aint no party like a Farmer-Labor Party.

Didn't have time to read through the numerous pages of responses, but in my opinion the big turning point in America's downfall was WWII. What was undoubtedly the most awful event to ever occur in the history of civilization also spawned the American development of the nuclear bomb, the rise of the military industrial complex, and most importantly: the delusional notion that America is some kind of divine force in the mythical battle against good and evil. With the exception of the attack on Pearl Harbor and American veterans of WWII, the American public was generally shielded from the most heinous aspects of the war, while most of Europe lay in ruins and we all know what happened in Japan. The proliferation of our military after the war is something that cannot be undone, in my opinion. The amount of money that our government allocates to fund our military and the two foreign wars that we'll never fully withdraw from makes the estimated cost of national health care look like chump change, and in many ways it is. Every country has it's priorities. Look at the annual budget for our government and it's clear where ours lie.
    Last edited by bobert; 09-17-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Young blood

Globalization and Free trade.

I'm not going to blame God for this decline, despite my being a hardcore atheist. Gods are a symptom of irrational thought processes, not the cause of. When/if we can get people to think logically instead of simply identifying with a group, all forms of ideology should fall by the wayside.

The USA is moving in the opposite direction though, I'm afraid. Following the evidence is now called "flip-flopping", applying your education is "elitism", and being cosmopolitan is considered anti-American.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

preachy atheists are just as annoying as preachy christians, jews, muslims, etc, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

...and? That doesn't make us wrong, just annoying.
    Your stupid

Canadians telling Americans how to run our country are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Didn't have time to read through the numerous pages of responses, but in my opinion the big turning point in America's downfall was WWII. What was redoubtably the most awful event to ever occur in the history of civilization also spawned the American development of the nuclear bomb, the rise of the military industrial complex, and most importantly: the delusional notion that America is some kind of divine force in the mythical battle against good and evil. With the exception of the attack on Pearl Harbor and American veterans of WWII, the American public was generally shielded from the most heinous aspects of the war, while most of Europe lay in ruins and we all know what happened in Japan. The proliferation of our military after the war is something that cannot be done, in my opinion. The amount of money that our government allocates to fund our military and the two foreign wars that we'll never fully withdraw from makes the estimated cost of national health care look like chump change, and in many ways it is. Every country has it's priorities. Look the annual budget for our government and it's clear where ours lie.
    totally agree and much more well put than my response
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Canadians telling Americans how to run our country are wrong.
    Go fuck yourself, Tom. Can't your ego take a little outside criticism? I'm at least being constructive unlike some people in here. Also, I mentioned earlier that my family is American.

should "extreme ethnocentrism" and "fragile self esteem" be added to America's list of problems?
    Last edited by JebusLives; 09-17-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    Your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Didn't have time to read through the numerous pages of responses, but in my opinion the big turning point in America's downfall was WWII. What was redoubtably the most awful event to ever occur in the history of civilization also spawned the American development of the nuclear bomb, the rise of the military industrial complex, and most importantly: the delusional notion that America is some kind of divine force in the mythical battle against good and evil. With the exception of the attack on Pearl Harbor and American veterans of WWII, the American public was generally shielded from the most heinous aspects of the war, while most of Europe lay in ruins and we all know what happened in Japan. The proliferation of our military after the war is something that cannot be done, in my opinion. The amount of money that our government allocates to fund our military and the two foreign wars that we'll never fully withdraw from makes the estimated cost of national health care look like chump change, and in many ways it is. Every country has it's priorities. Look the annual budget for our government and it's clear where ours lie.
    This is probably the best answer in the thread.

I still wouldn't get too defeatist about it.

If it's delusional to think of America as some sort of divine force for good, it's equally delusional to expect a single, upwards incline in the history of a nation. Ups and downs, losses and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    Go fuck yourself, Tom. Can't your ego take a little outside criticism? I'm at least being constructive unlike some people in here. Also, I mentioned earlier that my family is American.

Let me add "extreme ethnocentrism" and "fragile self esteem" to America's list of problems.
    You know why you don't have Americans telling Canada how to fix its problems? Because no one gives a shit. Not even Canadians, who have more opinions on the US government than they do on their own.

This is not an ego issue. This is a stay the fuck out of our business you god damned slimy foreigner issue.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What's more annoying is your delusion that the label you have given yourself is any less a belief system than other organized religions.

just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you're all of a sudden a genius as most of you seem to think
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

"It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

You know why you don't have Americans telling Canada how to fix its problems? Because no one gives a shit. Not even Canadians, who have more opinions on the US government than they do on their own.

This is not an ego issue. This is a stay the fuck out of our business you god damned slimy foreigner issue.
    This first part is true. More Canadians do know/care more about US politics than Canadian politics.

However, I do not agree with the second part. What happens in the United States directly affects Canada. Yes, it is your business, but a lot of the time, it makes it our business too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Yeah, I remember when there were grown adults throwing rocks at schoolgirls over here about religion, so frankly it can go fuck itself with something rusty.

I didn't want to start a religious discussion, sorry. I was actually trying to get people to stop blaming religion for the decline (re-read my post)!

Tom, you actually had some good stuff to say earlier in this thread, but now I feel guilty for even reading it.
    Your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yeah, I remember when there were grown adults throwing rocks at schoolgirls over here about religion, so frankly it can go fuck itself with something rusty.
    Stalin and Pol Pot were atheists.

Full disclosure: I am not religious.

You should know when you're being wound up, Jebus.

tee hee

I didn't want to start a religious discussion, sorry. I was actually trying to get people to stop blaming religion for the decline (re-read my post)!

Tom, you actually had some good stuff to say earlier in this thread, but now I feel guilty for even reading it.

You should know when you're being wound up, Jebus.

tee hee
    i recommend deploying the winky-face, in the future.
    Your stupid

Real Men Don't Use Emoticons.

Young blood

Drown it with beer and let your fists do the talking.

Im gonna say the emancipation proclamation...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.