Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Work For The DMV?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Anybody Work For The DMV?

So my registration on my car runs out on October 18th which presents something of a dilemma--namely that I am supposed to be driving my ass and all my stuff back to Jersey on October 23rd and I have well over 500 dollars in unpaid parking tickets. Most of them were on my old car which got totaled and various rentals. I think the car I actually have now and have to renew the registration on only has maybe two tickets. Question is:

What is the likelihood that when I go to register it they will insist that I pay all the fines I've accumulated under all those cars? Also, what are the odds that if I could get the thing back to New Jersey I could just register it there and skip out on the tickets all together? Anyone have experience with parking tickets following them to other state's DMVs?

Furthermore, anybody have a valid registration sticker I could buy off them if I can't afford to pay all these fines just so I can get cross country without arousing police attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Default Re: Anybody Work For The DMV?

"...anyone who's been there knows precisely what I...mean."

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Furthermore, anybody have a valid registration sticker I could buy off them if I can't afford to pay all these fines just so I can get cross country without arousing police attention?
    If you bought it, it wouldn't be valid. Is that a felony?

Well since the sticker says it expires in October, no police office could question things until after October 31st. Just saying. And yes you will have to pay the tickets.

Somewhat on topic...a tip for all of you going to the DMV

When you show up to the lady that gives you your ticket, tell her you set an appointment for 5 minutes ahead of whatever time it is. When she asks you for your confirmation number, check your pockets, make an excuse, etc, but tell her you dont have it. She'll give you an appointment ticket anyways. Typical wait time is around 10-15 minutes with an appt. ticket...otherwise, as you all know, it will be < 1 hour.

Let's keep this between you and I, yeah? And thank me later.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

persons who steal or use registration stickers not issued to them are subject to prosecution for a misdemeanor and could face imprisonment of up to one year and fines of up to $1,000 or both

Someone stole my registration sticker (along with all the other old ones) off my car in a Target parking lot a few months ago

I have a $400 parking ticket outstanding. And that's ONE FUCKING TICKET. ugh.

call it....POINTLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssss sssssssss
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

thank you mr. nipples.

it took that many post?

also, I got a sticker I can sell you. I mean, i don't need it for my car so....

Don't people say to slash your sticker in half or something to help prevent it from being stolen?

Not just people. I'm pretty sure it says that on the registration. Or, the piece you tear off.

If you make it back to jersey before the end of the month your cool. Likely you won't get a ticket if it takes you longer. As for he tickets I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    imprisonment of up to one year and fines of up to $1,000 or both
    I seriously don't understand our judicial system when I hear either/or penalties like this. $1,000 in fines is like a slap on the wrist compared to spending A YEAR IN JAIL.

the tickets will be waiting for you upon your lackluster return, however with lots of late penalties and fee's

court - scare tactics, JAIL, MONEY, or...dum dum dum...BOTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Also Randy, even if you get pulled over and caught without a valid car registration, what's the worst that will happen? Won't they just give you yet another ticket and fine to pay?

I've accidentally driven with an expired car registration, and also driven with an expired car registration while waiting for the new one to come in the mail. It always seemed more to me like a "oh sorry officer, I'll get that fixed right away" sort of thing, rather than a serious crime.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Here's another question: Will you be driving anything wacky around in your car?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I seriously don't understand our judicial system when I hear either/or penalties like this. $1,000 in fines is like a slap on the wrist compared to spending A YEAR IN JAIL.
    I agree....when we the rode the city bus to highschool back in the day...they had this sign on the bus that said the playing of a radio would result in the maximum fine of $500, but if you were caught eating or drinking, you could face up to 6 months in jail...so we always had this running joke that if we were to play some boombox at full volume, the worse was we would have to pay 500 bucks (sorta a lot to us back then), but if we happen to get caught shoving a starburst in our mouth, we'd go to jail..haha.

And will you be slinging your ropes during the drive?
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I agree....when we the rode the city bus to highschool back in the day...they had this sign on the bus that said the playing of a radio would result in the maximum fine of $500, but if you were caught eating or drinking, you could face up to 6 months in jail...so we always had this running joke that if we were to play some boombox at full volume, the worse was we would have to pay 500 bucks (sorta a lot to us back then), but if we happen to get caught shoving a starburst in our mouth, we'd go to jail..haha.

No Ghettoblasters...

Never ran across anyone playing a ghetto blaster on the way to school, except on sept. 11, when the driver said it was okay since we were trying to hear the news. One time though, this kid brought his saxophone aboard, and was egged into playing a song...so we're traveling down the road, and the kid starts to play, and you could hear the driver say stop it back there, but everyone ignored him...so a couple minutes later, the driver pulled the bus over to the side of the road, calmly got up out his seat and walked towards the back, and at the top of his lungs and face bright red, yelled (and spit in the process) to "knock it off" right in the kids face....and then the driver walked calmly back to his seat to continue driving...and everyone was in total shock, it was like dead silence in the bus...then a minute later outta the blue and breaking the silence some one says "Jesus Christ!"..and the driver was all like "ya'll like that or what?". Haha, it was classic.

This is what happens on buses in the STL.

You wouldn't last five minutes.

If they run your plates and see the its not registered depending on the state your car can be towed immediately or within 6months. Call the counties or cities where the tickets were issued they can work out a extension or payment plan with interest to pay them off.
    Mick Jagger

Some fuckers stole my rear license plate when I was living in LA. Bunch of savages.

I'm sure I have unpaid parking/fix it tickets from CA. When I registered my car in Ohio, I didn't have to pay any of it, so you may be able to slide past. In fact, it was the cheapest and easiest time I've dealt with the DMV in four years. And I haven't gotten any bullshit fix it/parking/street sweeping tickets in the year+ I've been home. Point being, California is a bureaucratic cessbucket and I'm glad I don't live there any more.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i was late on one $35 parking ticket that i had forgotten about like 6 months before my reg. was up last year year and I had to pay something like $150 or soemthing just for it before i could register
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I had to renew my reg and my license earlier this year. Unbeknownar to me, I had an unpaid ticket on my record. I'd been stopped for speeding the prior year and the officer told me he was going to "let [me] off with a warning this time", so I didn't even take a second look at the ticket he gave me. Turns out the ticket was in fact a $200 fine which with fees and penalties in 2009 had almost tripled to just under $600 for remaining unpaid for over 6 months. The DMV would not allow me to pay for my registration or license renewal without first paying the speeding ticket. The clerk's computer system alerted her immediately. So... yeah. Enjoy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post

No Ghettoblasters...
    i like the signs on the nyc subway that appear to state "no shitting babies", although i assume it means no changing diapers on board.

You wont be able to register in the state of California until you pay the tickets. If you choose not to pay the tickets your debt will be sent to a collection agency and go against your credit.

As far as getting heat on your drive, although your registration ended on the 18'th, it lasts all month and you get an extra month past that to renew. You should be fine.

I had the exact situation on my drive back from San Diego and had no problem. Even went through 4 or 5 checkpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Disgustipated has it right. You have to pay your tickets to register. They ususally dont fuck with you about expired registration. Although getting pulled over for expired tags could give the cops a reason to bust you for other things that might be in your car. I thought u made a bunch of money at your job. Certainly if you make more money than me(your guarantee) then you have 500 to spend on tickets.

*edit* Ive been pulled over with expired tags many times in the past and they didnt even ticket me. Although i got a $25 fix it ticket a few months back when i forgot to reregister.
    Last edited by djandrews25; 09-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Don't people say to slash your sticker in half or something to help prevent it from being stolen?
    Yup Razorblade it. That way its near impossible to get a clean tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post

No Ghettoblasters...
    ...NO FUN!