Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Post Reviews & Pictures/Videos Of Shows You've Recently Attended Here

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: Post Reviews & Pictures/Videos Of Shows You've Recently Attended Here

They played that song at the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Default Re: Post Reviews & Pictures/Videos Of Shows You've Recently Attended Here

Now, TallGuy, let's not give fuckhole's a bad name...*snicker*
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I found this review of a GV show at Club Nokia on their message board...

ALICE COOPER THEATER OF DEATH 2009 TOUR REVIEW:
    As usual, Alice was in top form as were his supporting band members. However, if you came to hear Alice sing and were sitting in the Orchestra Pit you should have saved your money and stayed home.
    We attended the show on October 28th 2009 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles unable to hear Alice at all.
    When I brought this (politely) to the Sound Man, his immediate response was "GO F$&^K YOURSELF!" followed with "I'll throw you out of the building!"
    Hardly professional behavior.
    In fact, I took this matter up with Mr. Cooper's management while missing over 30 minutes of the show and was also a bit taken aback when I mentioned that Alice, a Christian man, probably wouldn't approve of his mixer's conduct and his manager replied, "Alice is a Rock Star Now and A Christian when he goes home."
    What planet are these guy's actually on?
    The audio was terrible throughout the show and the disrespect unimaginable. They never addressed the problems and we wasted nearly a thousand dollars that evening on Limo's, tickets etc., for an entertainer who I have faithfully supported for over thirty years.

cc: World News Network
    cc: Google Reviews
    cc: Nokia Admin

http://goldenvoice.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477

Christ, a THOUSAND DOLLARS?!

I hate venues that can't hear how bad the music sounds, but my opinion on what sounds good is often different from other people I talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I would just like to

a) Quote this post again, and as much as possible,

and

b) Point out that I have single-handedly made Land of Talk so cool that now Kanye West wants in on the act.

Knowing Kanye West likes Land of Talk is the second most surprising Land of Talk thing I've ever heard.
    That video is pretty. I think a friend bought me a ticket to see them when they play Brooklyn in a couple weeks. I was sort of bummed out about it because it means I miss one evening of Performa (performance art festival). But now I'm a little less bummed out, because KANYE LIKES THEM.

last show was daniel johnxton at the music box
    he went up about 45 minutes late

and came in played a quick solo acoustic set he then proceeded to bring a friend to join him for songs like this is life and hey joe

he had hyms come up and back him up and rip through rock n roll versions of songs like speeding motorcycle,funeral home,man obsessed, and even a cover of revolution

after hyms left the stage he ended it with true love will find you in the end it was a good show i would say but im a big fan and the vibe from the fans was good they definately showed daniel love and daniel jonhnston even had a bit of a sense of humor and would smile everytime some faceless voice in the audience would scream i love you daniel!!!

definately memomrable.
    pixies
    make-up
    pavement
    stooges
    television
    velvet underground

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    That video is pretty. I think a friend bought me a ticket to see them when they play Brooklyn in a couple weeks. I was sort of bummed out about it because it means I miss one evening of Performa (performance art festival). But now I'm a little less bummed out, because KANYE LIKES THEM.
    I'm happy for Kanye, and I'mma let him finish, but... well, you get the idea.

In all seriousness, it's still bizarre to me that he ever picked up on them, but, creepy cheerleader that I am, I'm sincerely happy for them that he did. As much of a douche as Kanye West is at times, he probably just secured Land of Talk's touring future in that one post.

Anyway. Hurrah for them. Hopefully this means they'll have the cash or profile for a trip to my neck of the woods someday soon.

Have a good time, and report back.

^^^^^^^^^
    I have heard that song before. I had no idea it was Land of Talk's though.

Just got back from Islands at Bowery Ballroom. Toro Y Moi is awesome. Jemina Pearl was actually pretty fun. Islands were spectacular. Nick Diamonds was holding my head when they started "Where There's a Will There's a Whalebone" and I held his head too. I don't know why that happened, but I think it means we're dating now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Nice!

I was disappointed that I missed Toro Y Moi in Sac-town, I heard nothing but good things about his performance.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Yeah, Toro Y Moi was really great. After he played, everyone was shouting for more, and he had to turn his stuff back on and reconnect his wires for a little, genuine encore. Even after Islands finished and the houselights went up, some people shouted for more Toro Y Moi. That guy needs to become big. He should hit the gobi tent next year, at least. Maybe an early Sahara spot.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Vampire Weekend....

Do people love these guys or what?

As some of you might have known all ready my friends did a gig w/ them this past Monday night in Visalia, CA. This was my second opportunity to catch VW live and in all honesty i didnt really enjoy the first one. So i came along on this trip to help out and also because i knew it was going to be a huge show. The venue didnt have the largest of capacities (420) but it sold out in 4 minutes, as told to us by one of the head promoters there that evening. He also said that at one point tix were going for $150 on Craigslist.... the show was incredibly successfull all the way threw. Both bands played very on point and the sound there was very solid. I can contest that statement by saying the Growlers made a descent amount of money of merchandise after their set and well, as for Vampire Weekend.... they had that entire place jumpin'.... Good times, very good crowd, i was extremely surprised.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Leonard Cohen
    The Coliseum at Caesar’s Palace
    Las Vegas, NV
    11/12/2009

What can I say? The performance was quite possible the most incredible performance I have ever experienced. The show started promptly at 8pm and went until 11:30pm with a twenty minute intermission. I opted for the cheap tickets because I figured there wouldn’t be a bad seat in the house. After all, this is the theater they built for Celine Dion. We were seriously in the last row but there was a great view of the stage. There were about 5 large rugs on the stage floor and white sheer curtains, which were draped from the ceiling, behind the band. The curtains were up lit with different colors to set the mood for each song. The band came out to a standing ovation and started right into “Dance Me to the End of Love” and then into “Everybody Knows”. After a few songs Mr. Cohen addressed the audience and thanked us for such a gracious welcoming. He stated that he wasn’t sure when our paths would cross again so tonight they intended to give us their all. The first half of their performance was filled with his hits which included “The Future”, “Waiting for the Miracle” and some song he wrote about his one night stand with Janis Joplin. Most of the songs brought him to his knees and he played a guitar on a few of the other songs. The sound was amazing and I spent most of the night contemplating on who was my favorite musician in the band. The spanish style guitar is just so hypnotizing and the saxophone is just so soothing. This was definitely a spiritual and otherworldly experience. During the intermission my lady actually scored us some new seats on the floor. It was really great to see the show and the band from two different perspectives. One thing I wish they had was a dance floor because some of his songs are just so romantic. We ended up hitting up the club Pure after the concert for a few drinks and dancing. Coachella was a great introduction to this man. It’s kind of funny that the only shows that I’ve been to this year are from performers that I saw at Coachella.
    Last edited by Jon Blazed; 11-16-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Them Crooked Vultures kicked ass. Was worth it just to see Grohl drumming, but everything else was awesome too. I don't have much else to say, this was the manliest band I've seen in a long time. Good fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

That is excellent news.

I'm terrible at reviewing shows except in general terms, but I will do my best. Saw Mountain Goats / Final Fantasy at my favorite Dallas venue last night. I had the best seat in the house, acoustics-wise...front row balcony, right in the middle.
    Final Fantasy blew my mind last night. Owen was in fine spirits and seemed genuinely pleased and humbled by the receptive and respectful audience. I admit that I teared up a few times, especially during "This Is The Dream Of Win & Regine". 2nd favorite live act I've seen this year. (Nothing will top Sufjan Stevens at ATP NY.)
    LOVED Mountain Goats. I have never seen anyone as excited to be playing a show as John Darnielle was (he actually reminded me of Craig Finn of The Hold Steady in that regard). Definitely going to delve further into the MG catalog based on the show. And isn't that really the point of live shows?
    I enjoyed the first opener, Larkin Grimm, but I think I need to listen to her recorded music to see if I can really call myself a fan. Great alto voice...similar to Carly Simon.
    I was flying solo last night. I was glad, though...Andy has to be up early on Friday mornings, so I wouldn't have been able to stay for the whole show if he had been with me.
    My FF shirt has "Final Fantasy" printed on the inside beneath the tag. I love little details like that.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I admit that I teared up a few times, especially during "This Is The Dream Of Win & Regine".
    It will be a surprise to absolutely nobody, but I love that fucking song.

You could try sending Valarie a message asking for some Mountain Goats suggestions. She's a big big big fan of those guys.
    last.fm

Just got back from A Fantastic World day one. It was mostly boring and noisy, but there were some great acts too. John Zorn played an amazing saxophone solo. I wish he was there in full-form for a full set. Thurston Moore masturbated his guitar for a while... meh... Z'ev played some fun percussion, and Arto Lindsay did a Thurston Moore thing too. Jad Fair & Lumberob did some amazing vocal stuff that, thankfully, woke me up. Then I saw the beautiful Genesis P-Orridge with Thee Majesty, and that was brilliantly odd. I wish it was Throbbing Gristle, DNA, and Sonic Youth, but it was a fun way to spend the Friday.

Photos from the awesome boardie-related show last sunday:

Yours truly, rockin' out with his band.

The Tet Holiday

The Tet Holiday, from afar.

Oh yeah, these bands played too:

Outlaw

and Heavy Hills
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Just got back from Freelance Whales supporting Fanfarlo at the Casbah. The bands were great and the sound was surprisingly good. Freelance Whales are very cute and fun and sort of remind me of Guillemots, Cloud Cult and Architecture In Helsinki rolled into one. Fanfarlo was sort of like an English Okkervil River, who I love, so I gravitated towards that. They played a song that I had to leave halfway through to go to the merch table to ensure it was on the album, which I then promptly purchased. I will figure out the track name and report back later.

If this show rolls through your town, seriously consider going.
    last.fm

Gary Numan was great. Very surprisingly great. Nice mix of stuff, and I like it when an act has the decency to play their most well known ones as if they aren't sick to the teeth of them. Great show, and I had a great time.

Crummy camera phone, but you get the idea:

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    LOVED Mountain Goats. I have never seen anyone as excited to be playing a show as John Darnielle was (he actually reminded me of Craig Finn of The Hold Steady in that regard). Definitely going to delve further into the MG catalog based on the show. And isn't that really the point of live shows?
    Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

The Antlers tonight in Academy 2.

They were great. They started off with the very epic Kettering too, which put a smile on my face. There's probably something perverse in that, but anyhow.

They weren't quite as lifeshatteringly earthchanging as I'd been told to expect but this is probably largely due to the fact that they were playing in the worst bloody venue in Dublin. God I hate Academy 2. Academy 2 is stupid L-shaped basement full of pillars.

Now, "The Academy" is actually fairly decent. Academy 2, which is their stupid pointless basement cave, is terrible. I hate it. Please stop stuffing bands in Academy 2, baby Jesus.

I saw Bear in Heaven and Mew tonight, as well as an unexpected short set by Echo and the Bunnymen's Ian McCulloch (not part of Mew's show). I'm going to quote my latter thoughts on Bear in Heaven actually:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I saw their whole set. I enjoyed it. I posted on the Review thread, but it was my first time hearing them. Sometimes the vocals didn't work for me, but they mostly did. They were certainly a good live band and the sound was pretty great (except maybe the bass was too much at times). I was really impressed with a few of the songs. I had a lot of fun dancing to them, but NOBODY around me was getting into them really. Just a bunch of youngfolk their that wanted Mew and nothing else, unfortunately. I was happy to have seen Bear in Heaven though.
    As for Mew, I am a big fan of And the Glass Handed Kites and Frengers, and I am unfamiliar with the new album, so I wasn't sure how the show would go. I was also a little skeptical that the songs would translate well into the live setting, but I must say that they proved to be a FANTASTIC live band and the only thing missing from the setlist for me was "White Lips Kissed." They started with "Circuitry of the Wolf" into "Chinaberry Tree" into "Special" and into "The Zookeeper's Boy." In fact, I think they played more from And the Glass Handed Kites than anything else. They also played "Am I Wry? No" and "156" and "Snow Brigade." The performance was great, save for a wrong key piano press on "She Came Home for Christmas." There was a cool video screen showing a bunch videos for all the songs behind them, and there was this excellent teddy bear that talked in the end. So glad I went. Then, when we went downstairs to collect coats, there was a small bar that we stepped into for free and Ian McCulloch came out and played a few songs. He was stopping before finishing some songs, and it sounded like his voice was fading, but it was free, and it was great to see him. After we finally got our coats, we actually ran into Ian in the street and I had this chat with him:
    Me - I got tickets for Echo this past November.
    McCulloch - Aww, yeah... We're coming in March and April.
    Me - Cool. I'll be there then.

Good night.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 12-04-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    They started with "Circuitry of the Wolf" into "Chinaberry Tree" into "Special" and into "The Zookeeper's Boy." In fact, I think they played more from And the Glass Handed Kites than anything else. They also played "Am I Wry? No" and "156" and "Snow Brigade."

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

SO EXCITED

Just got home from Baroness who fucking destroyed at the Casbah. At this moment, I am a metal fan. I chatted briefly with the bass player who confirmed that they would be at Coachella. FUCKING SCORE.

Amazing show. Baroness. Mew.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    last.fm

Thanks for the great Mew review, Alchemy!

Hey, that rhymed...

They should ban cell phone cameras. Nothing but lumpy poo poo comes from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Gary Numan was great. Very surprisingly great. Nice mix of stuff, and I like it when an act has the decency to play their most well known ones as if they aren't sick to the teeth of them. Great show, and I had a great time.

Crummy camera phone, but you get the idea:

JEALOUS!!!

And G v B took pictures at the show I put on the other night. Check it:

http://is.gd/5fhux

U put on a show with m.i.a?