Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59

Thread: 89 years ago today...

  1. #1
    Member Alligator Bogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,430

    Default 89 years ago today...

    all you sexy ladies got the right to vote.
    There it is...
    I'm losing my edge...

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    when did the non sexy women get to vote?
    '99-'11...

  3. #3
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CR*****


    Wait, what?

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CR*****


    Wait, what?
    HA HA HA

  5. #5
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,932

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    I think the ugly ones vote more than the sexy ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  6. #6
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    that's cuz there's more of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #7
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CR*****


    Wait, what?
    Ah you should have saved that for an 8k post ....
    written by a famous woman ... damn sexist women cr****

    WHY MEN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE:
    Because man's place is in the army.
    Because no really manly man wants to settle any question otherwise than by fighting about it.
    Because if men should adopt peaceable methods women will no longer look up to them.
    Because men will lose their charm if they step out of their natural sphere and interest themselves in other matters than feats of arms, uniforms, and drums.
    Because men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this, while their innate tendency to appeal to force renders them unfit for government.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    when did the non sexy women get to vote?
    lol ugo's dont get the vote, silly

  9. #9
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    damn sexist women
    something tells me you actually believe this part.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  10. #10
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    something tells me you actually believe this part.

    Wrong, geez Tom it must suck to be wrong most of the time. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  11. #11
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    The bright light of your wit and intellect cast us all in shadows, ron
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The bright light of your wit and intellect cast us all in shadows, ron
    IT'S A LITTLE LONE FACT

  13. #13
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    IT'S A LITTLE LONE FACT
    Hey Drinkey, I have a video off TV from Monday of someone much smarter then you will ever be, that said the exact same phrase. Sorry we don't measure up to your myopic thinking small town brain. Just the facts, Jack .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  14. #14
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    did he spell it the same way too ron?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  15. #15
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,953

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Do you serenade your steaks?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  16. #16
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    did he spell it the same way too ron?
    I don't know Tom, but I played it back at least 3 times to make sure of what he said and it wasn't Let or Alone, it was Little Lone. This horse sure is getting beaten. I would post it but it is from day time TV and youtube says nooooooooooooooooooooo ………


    You know, you guys fight, discuss, and argue much better then the whacko’s on Drudge Report. You at least have your own points of view and not just talking points (well somewhat, there is the pack mentality here). That actually surprises me a bit. I was told everyone put me on ignore, I should have guessed you didn’t Tom. You don’t walk away just like that from a good or bad discussion. Cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  17. #17
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    it's not "let or alone" it's "let alone"
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  18. #18
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Could someone tell me what cr*** just said Ive got him on ignore.

  19. #19
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,953

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    it's not "let or alone" it's "let alone"
    shhhhh
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  20. #20
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    it's not "let or alone" it's "let alone"
    I was just separating the two words with "or" for distinction. The board likes let alone, it might be me living in the south for a while, not sure, but a lot of people say little lone. I actually took a mini poll here and it was 7 to 4 your way. Since I don’t usually like going with the majority, I will stick with how I speak. It’s a world view ya know. Now can we kill this fucking horse or is that the only thing I say or do that bothers you. Ha Ha, I did open that up on purpose, just to let you know. Cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  21. #21
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    No literate adult uses "little lone". It doesn't make any sense. "let alone" makes linguistic sense. "let" in the sense of "leave". "little lone" is a clear and obvious homophonic error, and the fact that you are unable to see it -- or get the meanings of the actual words you use -- indicates that you only qualify as semi-literate. Your geographic heritage is irrelevant.

    let alone
    Not to mention; much less: "Their ancestors had been dirt poor and never saw royalty, let alone hung around with them" (Garrison Keillor).

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/let+alone
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-26-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  22. #22
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,109

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    IT'S A LITTLE LONE FACT
    LOLZ

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,477

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Hey Drinkey, I have a video off TV from Monday of someone much smarter then you will ever be, that said the exact same phrase. Sorry we don't measure up to your myopic thinking small town brain. Just the facts, Jack .... cr****
    i was poking fun, taking your homophonic error and making a pun out of it (little lone fact/little known fact), I'M DREADFULLY SORRY I HAVE TO SPELL OUT MY JOKES TO YOU

    Also, this is not the first time I have heard the "small town" remark. I would encourage people to look at a map to see where the DISTRICT of Sun Valley,CA is located

  24. #24
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    even after we've explained his error to him, he still doesn't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  25. #25
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,346

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Little lone does he care.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  26. #26
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,932

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    his member title has got to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  27. #27
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    I don't think Hairy Stinky Ignorant Sexist Hippie would fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  28. #28
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    his member title has got to be changed.
    I agree Amy, but PF might be mad at me for fighting with the core.

    No Tom, last time. I do get it but people posting that I am the only idiot in the entire world that says that is pure bull shit. Geography does make a difference too. Almost all the people I knew in the South including college professors from the South say “I am fixing to go to the class”. No you are not FIXING anything. It is an expression that is used, that is wrong, but it really doesn’t matter either way to them. So go down to the South and tell everyone there how they are stupid and speak wrong. Sorry dinky, I sort of went off there but this is getting a bit tiresome. Actually though, you can take all of metro LA, and it is small compared to Tokyo metro.

    1. Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan - 33,200,000

    14. Los Angeles, United States - 11,789,000
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  29. #29
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,932

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    to "little lone" I meant. I thought that would be obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  30. #30
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,998

    Default Re: 89 years ago today...

    jesus christ Ron every time you try to defend yourself you say something even more stupid than the last time.

    "Fixing" as in "fixing to" is a regional use of the verb fix which is acknowledged by dictionaries:

    fix  /fɪks/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fiks] Show IPA verb, fixed or fixt, fix⋅ing, noun
    Use fix in a Sentence
    See web results for fix
    See images of fix
    –verb (used with object) 1. to repair; mend.
    2. to put in order or in good condition; adjust or arrrange: She fixed her hair in a bun.

    ...

    –verb (used without object) 21. to become fixed.
    22. to become set; assume a rigid or solid form.
    23. to become stable or permanent.
    24. to settle down.
    25. Slang. to inject oneself with a narcotic.
    26. Chiefly Southern U.S. to prepare; plan (usually fol. by an infinitive): I was just fixing to call you. We're fixing to go to Colorado this summer.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fix


    "little lone" is nothing but an error and you are the only person on the planet I have ever seen use it. "little lone" (in the sense you mean it) gets no hits on google, none on dictionary.com. It simply does not exist except in your mind. I lived 17 years of my life in south Texas so don't tell me it's a southern thing. it's not. it's a stupid thing.

    Now, here are the populations of two random cities of MY choosing:

    3. Mumbai, India - 18,042,000
    22. Paris, France - 9,638,000
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Similar Threads

  1. In two years how does Amy W. go from...
    By imapixie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
  2. What are you doing for new years eve...
    By DJdharma in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
  3. If you've been 3+ years...
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 05:20 AM
  4. It was 30 years ago today...
    By KenMixtape in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
  5. RIP Jeff Buckely. 10 years ago today
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 04:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •