Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Daft Punk late add / 2014 Headliner Thread

Default Official Daft Punk late add / 2014 Headliner Thread

Only you can make this happen!

Default Re: Official Daft Punk late add / 2014 Headliner Thread

well, you knew there would be one...

They are obviously going to come out for a surprise during Phoenix. Obviously.

/thread
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Might as well start a Daft Punk 2015 thread while we're at it.

This is the thread that never ends.... And it goes on and on my friends... some people started posting it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting shit forever just because...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Jesus, I want them there as much as anybody, but ENOUGH! 75% of the people whining about Daft Punk on Facebook incessantly obviously know nothing about them, seeing as they don't seem to understand that they AREN'T CURRENTLY TOURING and haven't for many years now, but yet they seem to assume they can just call these two dudes up and get them any year they want.

If they were available, they would be on the poster. They aren't. They will not be an addition. They will not come out after Phoenix. Stop it.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

This is actually a good idea. The only way you're going to get DP on the lineup next year is if you protest buying tickets and attending the festival this year. Go ahead. I'll buy the tickets you don't buy =)

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Jesus, I want them there as much as anybody, but ENOUGH! 75% of the people whining about Daft Punk on Facebook incessantly obviously know nothing about them, seeing as they don't seem to understand that they AREN'T CURRENTLY TOURING and haven't for many years now, but yet they seem to assume they can just call these two dudes up and get them any year they want.

If they were available, they would be on the poster. They aren't. They will not be an addition. They will not come out after Phoenix. Stop it.
    They're going to come out DURING Phoenix. Phoenix will pick their shit up during Robot Rock, and will never be heard from again. God, I tell a beautiful story. Brings tears to my eyes.

funny that this thread started today, I had actually heard today from one of my good friends that daft punk WILL be playing this year. His boss recently had lunch with their manager (apparently old friends) In his words, "nothing is confirmed as of right now", but he heard that DP will be releasing their new album in the first half of 2013, also Co-Headlining saturday night w/ phoenix on the main stage as a late addition. Apparently a major tour is in the works as well for the second half of 2013. Anyway...grain of salt and all that shit.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    funny that this thread started today, I had actually heard today from one of my good friends that daft punk WILL be playing this year. His boss recently had lunch with their manager (apparently old friends) In his words, "nothing is confirmed as of right now", but he heard that DP will be releasing their new album in the first half of 2013, also Co-Headlining saturday night w/ phoenix on the main stage as a late addition. Apparently a major tour is in the works as well for the second half of 2013. Anyway...grain of salt and all that shit.
    A grain of salt is too big for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

lolololol
    2012w1
    2013w1

Fuck a duck. A dafty duck

You seem to have misplaced your 9th-grade English fiction writing assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    You seem to have misplaced your 9th-grade English fiction writing assignment.
    you seem to think you are some kind of observational jokester that people on this forum find amusing.

keep trying though man, im loving these one liner zingers.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

you seem to think you are some kind of observational jokester that people on this forum find amusing.

keep trying though man, im loving these one liner zingers.
    There are only three possibilities here:

(1) Your friend doesn't exist and you're full of shit. 80% probability.
    (2) Your actual friend is feeding you actual shit and you're just too fucking stupid to realize it. 19.99999999999999% probability.
    (3) Your friend exists and he's telling the truth. .00000000000001% probability.

Are you interested on placing a wager on the third option at the current odds?

There are only three possibilities here:

(1) Your friend doesn't exist and you're full of shit. 80% probability.
    (2) Your actual friend is feeding you actual shit and you're just too fucking stupid to realize it. 19.99999999999999% probability.
    (3) Your friend exists and he's telling the truth. .00000000000001% probability.

Are you interested on placing a wager on the third option at the current odds?
    sure. ill bet you a beer in the beer gardens if:

1. daft releases their new album in the first half of this year
    2. daft releases tour dates after said album release
    3. daft makes a late addition/guest appearance at this years coachella.

my source is legit. he was right about the recording of the album. heres the original post:

Re: Daft Punk 2013
    Ok, so i am aware most of you will rip this apart & flame away, but i wanted to share with you what one of my good friends shared with me last Friday.

i heard from a friend that has worked down in LA with Chromeo, Dido & Taylor Swift & lots of other projects. Lately he says hes been recently working with Swedish producer Max Martin on a new Daft Punk album at Conway Recording Studios. So naturally I asked about some recording details & a Coachella 2013 possibility. He said in the studio they may have recorded around 17 tracks (not completed songs) and that DP was "in their own world" & "secretive" and were also working on "production elements for live performance integration" in the studio as they recorded. When i asked about Coachella, he says that its possible, but hasn't heard anything specific from the bands camp or the sound crew he was working with if anything was finalized.

I asked what the release date was & he said he heard that it was an "early spring release date" and i asked the possibility of a 3/13/13 release date & he said that "sounds about right".

Take this with a grain of salt, i'm not saying any of this is 100% true, but he is a good friend of mine.

so yeah, fuel for the speculation fire.

turned out to be true: http://www.thedaftclub.com/2012/12/2...ft-punk-album/

and more proof here: http://twitter.com/NathanEast/status/47779999712935936

so why would he be wrong about this new info? Im sorry you think everyone on here are know-nothing trolls who make up shit for fun, but some of us actually know what we are talking about.

whiney pain in butt

I REALLY... REALLY DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAFT PUNK ANYMORE... lets just try not to say their name or think about them for like... the whole year? Can we all just do that? please?!

sure. ill bet you a beer in the beer gardens if:

1. daft releases their new album in the first half of this year
    2. daft releases tour dates after said album release
    3. daft makes a late addition/guest appearance at this years coachella.
    1 and 2 are not in dispute. I would guess both are coming sometime in 2013 although whether it's in the first or second half of the year is certainly up for debate.

3 is the impossible dream and the only one worth wagering on.

1 and 2 are not in dispute. I would guess both are coming sometime in 2013 although whether it's in the first or second half of the year is certainly up for debate.

3 is the impossible dream and the only one worth wagering on.
    alright consider it wagered. 1 newcastle at the beer gardens, i will be there weekend 2, so we will know by then, but i have a feeling it might be sooner

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    I REALLY... REALLY DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAFT PUNK ANYMORE... lets just try not to say their name or think about them for like... the whole year? Can we all just do that? please?!
    I thought you were going to say the classic nationocean line "This Thread Sucks." You should just stick to that. Even though its not funny at all.

Here we go again. I am a fool for thinking rumors season was finally over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulda Named Ya Laika View Post
    Here we go again. I am a fool for thinking rumors season was finally over.

well, why do you guys even bother clicking on the thread and taking time to post if you HONESTLY dont care? The rumor mill is a full time gig.

Lurker

Yeah, it looks like this might start to have legs. I doubt they would play Coachella since Coachella already asked and they said no, but I'm all for a 2nd half of 2013 tour.

human after all came out in march 2005, they didn't do a show, let alone a full tour, for over a year. i have no idea why people think this somehow means their touring anytime soon. let's let the album at least come out.

wouldn't you rather listen to their new album for a while before seeing them live?

My guess is daft punk will not show up at coachella. Think about it, they did their huge reunion once, how stupid would they look reuniting at coachella twice in a row? If I were them I'd want to do my own thing. Just a speculation.

i dont think theyd come to coachella and perform the same show from 2006...makes no sense as much as we want to see them