Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why RATM is the Greatest?

Exclamation Why RATM is the Greatest?

RATM is the greatest band - ever

Why is it that other bands, just can't Follow???

Default Re: Why RATM is the Greatest?

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post

Why is it that I can insert any band name into that statement and someone would agree with me? Ah because its an opinion not a fact.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by windscreen View Post
    Why is it that I can insert any band name into that statement and someone would agree with me? Ah because its an opinion not a fact.
    yeah ok, you rigth.... but still rage rules all

Andre
    Rage is going to rock that place!!!!

but to be honest with you I dont know if anyone is going to say they are the best. Pearl Jam hmmmm...... haha

lotsa love for RATM
    i die with you

Didn't other bands follow?
    Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin Park?
    I don't think we need any more of that. Nuh uh. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

they're great but not the greatest. that's subjective, of course

I don't think too many people could make a really strong argument for them being the greatest band of all time. Their level of influence and musical exploration isn't up to the level of the true greatest bands of all time. They're damn good, but not the greatest.

That would be Wham!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

they wont be the greatest until they change their name to Radiohead.
    lollipops and crisps

That is a loaded question and they are not the greatest; unless you meant that they are the greatest rap-metal band of all-time, that is not a remarkable accomplishment by any means, but it is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by AEversW View Post
    they wont be the greatest until they change their name to Radiohead.
    haha so true.

They're great, but in the entire history of music, they stand out as number one?

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    They're great, but in the entire history of music, they stand out as number one?
    I dont think you can say that about any band from the 90s its too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I dont think you can say that about any band from the 90s its too soon.
    True dat.

You, my friend, have balls

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

They're way dope but best ever... I don't know about that one.

radi ohea d
    as predicted by nostradamus

hahahahahahahaha i have never seen anything so ridiculous. you should have titled this "rage: great band or greatest band?"

because you are twelve years old and have never been to any concert/festival in your entire little pathetic life...because you think that "rap rock" was a ingenious fusion of styles...and you have no effing idea or any concept of real music...
    ps...theyre also the greatest band ever because you are a complete moron who has an extra chromosome...

Hey, Boner.

Did he insult anyone? No. He said "other bands can't follow". A very mild comment on how Rage is his favorite band. Did you insult him? Yes.

Where is your justification? Nowhere.

Oops, you need to shut up.
    Hugs are free.

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    because you are twelve years old and have never been to any concert/festival in your entire little pathetic life...because you think that "rap rock" was a ingenious fusion of styles...and you have no effing idea or any concept of real music...
    ps...theyre also the greatest band ever because you are a complete moron who has an extra chromosome...
    fuck you dude!!!

i have been to you more concert/festival then you. hmmm (Roskilde in DK and so on)...
    and lets talk about "concept of real music", no other band in the world can make music like RAGE (fx Tom's guitar style)...
    all respect for Radiohead, but they are not as good, becuase they have no political viewpoints. Radiohead only make smusic and nothing more - Rage on the other hand, use they music for a revolutionary cause!!!
    and last you are the fucking moron! think before you talk

*sigh...all the pending rage on this thread.......

Sorry, but Rage is not the greatest band ever. Wyld Stallions is the best band ever. Don't you know that Bill and Ted's music brings peace to the entire world?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

fuck you dude!!!

i have been to you more concert/festival then you. hmmm (Roskilde in DK and so on)...
    and lets talk about "concept of real music", no other band in the world can make music like RAGE (fx Tom's guitar style)...
    all respect for Radiohead, but they are not as good, becuase they have no political viewpoints. Radiohead only make smusic and nothing more - Rage on the other hand, use they music for a revolutionary cause!!!
    okok smart guy...where did i even mention radiohead??? revolutionary cause being how they want to free mumia...or be "renegades of funk"...please son...i am by no means a rage hater...sure i listened to them back when i first saw them in 1993...even up to when they put out evil empire...im just stating the fact that they are by NO means the greatest ever...
    congrats on roksilde in dk...im 30 fn years old and i can guarantee that i have been to quite a few more shows than you including every coachella...but lets not get into a pissing contest please...youll get all wet...

arcade fire are better than rage against the machine.

Radiohead, in strict musical terms, are leagues ahead of Rage in respect to technological capability, innovation, and talent.

Radiohead ARE political, they just tend to exercise a little subtlety. You should try checking out some of their lyrics. Yes, they don't scream "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME," but a resistance to the status quo is still there. I would even say it is more forceful and effective.

Try paying a little attention, it won't hurt, I swear.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 02-19-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Radiohead, in strict musical terms, are leagues ahead of Rage in respect to technological capability, innovation, and talent.

Radiohead ARE political, they just tend to exercise a little subtlety. You should try checking out some of their lyrics. Yes, they don't scream "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME," but a resistance to the status quo is still there. I would even say it is more forceful and effective.

...thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Hey, Boner.

Did he insult anyone? No. He said "other bands can't follow". A very mild comment on how Rage is his favorite band. Did you insult him? Yes.

Where is your justification? Nowhere.

Oops, you need to shut up.
    sorry mark smith...i didnt mean to make you all upset...but if an author is going to type an ignorant comment such as that...they deserve to be turned into creamed corn...btw...how can one determine who reighns supreme as the best band ever? favorites are favorites i understand that...but best band ever...sit on a pickle...

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    okok smart guy...where did i even mention radiohead??? revolutionary cause being how they want to free mumia...or be "renegades of funk"...please son...i am by no means a rage hater...sure i listened to them back when i first saw them in 1993...even up to when they put out evil empire...im just stating the fact that they are by NO means the greatest ever...
    congrats on roksilde in dk...im 30 fn years old and i can guarantee that i have been to quite a few more shows than you including every coachella...but lets not get into a pissing contest please...youll get all wet...
    okay you are 30, may i kiss your feet!!! LOL! this thread was made for RAGE fans to talk about why RAGE RULES ALL!!! okay if you dont like RAGE that cool, you dont have to think like me!
    but RAGE is revolutionary! they have open ppl eyes every where on the planet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post

yo dude, Rage are gods compered to Radiohead if you talk music! (technological capability, innovation, and talent)

but i migth be worng about their lyrics! i am going to cheak em out now. they may be cool !!! i just google Radiohead and nothing about any political left or rigth-wing came up!!!

i pay attention, i was just wrong about this one! sorry

Radiohead not political? Uh... "Hail to the Thief"? That was Dubya in 2000.

2+2=5, that's from 1984, an awesome book on individual rights and totalitarian systems. Plenty of allusions to the war on terror in Hail to the Thief all around.

You can also check out No Logo by Naomi Klein. It was one of the influences for Kid A. And the wikipedia article on Kid A, that talks more about it.

I guess I'll have to give Rage a chance now to be fair. Damn

yo dude, Rage are gods compered to Radiohead if you talk music! (technological capability, innovation, and talent)
    Ok, explain this one to me. Take a moment, then explain to me how a fucking digitech whammy compares to anything that Johnny Greenwood is doing (max/msp, his extraordinary self designed compression systems etc.). Then look up some of Johnny Greenwood's other work (experimental and orchestral), then tell me Tom Morello can even begin to imagine being as talented as Johnny Greenwood.

Innovation? Have you listened to Kid A? The production on that album was unparalleled! RATM will NEVER come close to even touching that.

I would love to hear you provide a reasonable argument for RATM's superiority to Radiohead.