Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 716

Thread: White. Jack White.

  1. #31
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I should have gotten it
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  2. #32
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I should have gotten it
    This is for round 2. Signups start tomorrow.

    Also, they are premiering the video for the next Dead Weather single, I Cut Like A Buffalo, directed by Jack White, exclusively in the Vault tomorrow at 12noon Pacific Time. So sign up!

  3. #33
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Can you link me to it again? I kind of forgot what this was

    ICLAB is sooo good btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  4. #34
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.


  5. #35
    Member justinaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Does anyone know where I can change my shipping address for the platinum account?

  6. #36
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    Does anyone know where I can change my shipping address for the platinum account?
    customerservice@modlife.com

  7. #37
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    This is for round 2. Signups start tomorrow.

    Also, they are premiering the video for the next Dead Weather single, I Cut Like A Buffalo, directed by Jack White, exclusively in the Vault tomorrow at 12noon Pacific Time. So sign up!
    The video is up on The Vault. It's pretty cool. Jack shows off some dancing skills!

  8. #38
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  9. #39
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: White. Jack White.


  10. #40
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Thanks love!!

    JW directed it and it was filmed at his Third Man Studios on TN. I really need to go visit and pray on its grounds.

    My only problem with the video is the fact that the other band members are M.I.A. It wouldve been cool to see Little Jack Lawrence doing a little dance
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  11. #41
    Member yeahfontaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Thanks love!!

    JW directed it and it was filmed at his Third Man Studios on TN. I really need to go visit and pray on its grounds.

    My only problem with the video is the fact that the other band members are M.I.A. It wouldve been cool to see Little Jack Lawrence doing a little dance
    My only problem with the video is the whole video. I was really looking forward to Jack's directorial debut (of a Dead Weather video, that is) and I really did not find this aesthetically or intellectually pleasing in any way. Might have to try again.

    And if it doesn't work, I can always go back to watching the Treat Me Like Your Mother vid over and over again. That one kicks ass.

  12. #42
    Member Alligator Bogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,430

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    The voice at the beginning of the music video sounds familiar, but I can't figure out who it is. Anybody recognize the voice?
    There it is...
    I'm losing my edge...

  13. #43
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    awesome.

    How’s this for a class?

    In between his work with The Dead Weather, Jack White took to Trinity College in Dublin last night (Oct. 18) to give a surprise lecture to the school’s Philosophical Society, one of the world’s oldest student societies, that has previously counted the likes of Bram Stoker, Oscar Wilde and JB Yates among its membership.

    What resulted is what NME describes as a “highly philosophical discussion” on music and philosophy as well as his theories on anxiety and authenticity.

    Before the evening was over, White also took questions and was awarded the honorary patronage from the society.

    Oh, yeah, and one more little tidbit from the evening: The musician also revealed details the existence of a run of hidden EPs made with his former band The Upholsterers, aka the one he was a member of when he worked in an upholstery shop in Detroit. The records were recorded on clear vinyl, encased in a transparent covering, and hidden in 100 pieces of furniture that he upholstered. So, who wants to go furniture shopping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,541

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    "I don't know if Bob Dylan and Tom Waits are as authentic as I think they are. Perhaps they're not...Sometimes you start thinking that maybe Britney Spears or someone like that who's doing exactly what they want to do in the way that they best know how, is more authentic than any of those people you could mention."
    this man is an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  15. #45
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  16. #46
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    this man is an idiot
    that statement is as true as anything you will ever hear. he is on to something. who is to say what Britney Spears or any pop star is not doing what they feel inside them? is that not authentic?

    I've realized Jack White and Kanye West are very very similar and the only thing dividing them is Kanyes' knack for making a fool of himself...

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  17. #47
    Member theburiedlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Califor nyah nyah
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    PAGING SUMMERKID TO THE JACK WHITE THREAD, SUMMERKID TO THE JACK WHITE THREAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

    2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

  18. #48
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Jack White is a genius.

  19. #49
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    I honestly don't know what I would say if I were to ever meet him. What can be said that he hasnt heard a trillion times already? "OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!"

    Definitely need a picture with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  20. #50
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    he doesn't like taking pictures

  21. #51
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I honestly don't know what I would say if I were to ever meet him. What can be said that he hasnt heard a trillion times already? "OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!"

    Definitely need a picture with him.
    I met him twice, both times I think I said something like "Dude you fucking rock!" It's hard to think of something to say in those situations.

  22. #52
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    he doesn't like taking pictures


    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    I met him twice, both times I think I said something like "Dude you fucking rock!" It's hard to think of something to say in those situations.
    ...

    I'm going to need a little more detail
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  23. #53
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,894

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Yeah, like what was he wearing? (at least)

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,028

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    he doesn't like taking pictures
    Good man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  25. #55
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I'm going to need a little more detail
    The first time, I was walking around downtown San Francisco, a few hours before a Raconteurs show, and my girlfriend said "Hey isn't that Brenden Benson" and I said "holy shit it is!". So I went up to him and told him he rocked and shook his hand, at that point my friends were heading towards him too. I realized he was looking past me as if he had to catch up to someone. So I turned around and saw a group of about 3 people walking away from me, one was unmistakably Jack White. So I looked at my friend who is also a major fan of Jack and said "Holy shit that's Jack White!" We both ran up to him and a body guard dude tried to stop us from approaching Jack, but when Jack heard me say his name, he turned around and kinda pushed his body guard aside and shook both of our hands while we told him how awesome he is. He then went on his way while my friend and I stood there stunned in disbelief that we had just met Jack White. It was surreal.

    The second time went almost the same way, but this time I waited outside the back of the venue the The Raconteurs were playing and met Patrick Keeler first. Followed by Jack and the same body guard. This time he reached over his bodyguard and shook my hand.

    Maybe the third time I'll get a Denial Twist 3"

  26. #56
    old school
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,983

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    that statement is as true as anything you will ever hear. he is on to something. who is to say what Britney Spears or any pop star is not doing what they feel inside them? is that not authentic?

    I've realized Jack White and Kanye West are very very similar and the only thing dividing them is Kanyes' knack for making a fool of himself...
    This man is also an idiot.

  27. #57
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The first time, I was walking around downtown San Francisco, a few hours before a Raconteurs show, and my girlfriend said "Hey isn't that Brenden Benson" and I said "holy shit it is!". So I went up to him and told him he rocked and shook his hand, at that point my friends were heading towards him too. I realized he was looking past me as if he had to catch up to someone. So I turned around and saw a group of about 3 people walking away from me, one was unmistakably Jack White. So I looked at my friend who is also a major fan of Jack and said "Holy shit that's Jack White!" We both ran up to him and a body guard dude tried to stop us from approaching Jack, but when Jack heard me say his name, he turned around and kinda pushed his body guard aside and shook both of our hands while we told him how awesome he is. He then went on his way while my friend and I stood there stunned in disbelief that we had just met Jack White. It was surreal.

    The second time went almost the same way, but this time I waited outside the back of the venue the The Raconteurs were playing and met Patrick Keeler first. Followed by Jack and the same body guard. This time he reached over his bodyguard and shook my hand.

    Maybe the third time I'll get a Denial Twist 3"
    My heart was pounding so hard the entire time I read this story with a couple *GASPS* sprinkled throughout.

    You are one lucky sonofabitch, but you knew that already. One day in my lifetime I will shake that man's hand. It will happen

    and STFU, Timothy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  28. #58
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    “I couldn’t say. It would be a mistake for me to premeditate anything, even in the next six months, to say what I’m going to do. I honestly could be working on a White Stripes in the next two weeks. I have no idea if that is going to happen. And the same with Dead Weather. I’d rather live like this without a calendar in front of me.”
    -Jack White tells RollingStone
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  29. #59
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,501

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    I watched It Might Get Loud last night. Very cool movie. Jack White's segments were my favorite. I also thought it was interesting how The Edge and Jack White have, quite literally, the exact oposite philiophys in regards to music and guitar playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  30. #60
    Member prettydirtything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York (upstate)
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

Similar Threads

  1. Prince vs Jack White
    By zenidogx in forum Polls
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM
  2. The Dead Weather (w Jack White)
    By nsilva1380 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
  3. Jack White?
    By sk8r408 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
  4. Jack White Variations
    By sk8r408 in forum Polls
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 04:44 AM
  5. Jack White and Thom Yorke plan collaboration!
    By BlackSwan in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •