Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 714

Thread: White. Jack White.

  1. #451
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    glad i went to night 2, ladies band killed it tonight!

    find it great that before the set starts one of the roadies comes out to announce to people to keep their cameras/phones in their pockets, that they have professional photographers at the show taking pictures that will be posted for download on his site within a couple days. and the chick taking pictures? holy hell, that stage allowed for a nice view up her dress from where i was standing up against the stage. i tried to be respectful, but damn, how am i not supposed to look?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-11-2012 at 11:35 PM.

  2. #452
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    glad i went to night 2, ladies band killed it tonight!

    find it great that before the set starts one of the roadies comes out to announce to people to keep their cameras/phones in their pockets, that they have professional photographers at the show taking pictures that will be posted for download on his site within a couple days. and the chick taking pictures? holy hell, that stage allowed for a nice view up her dress from where i was standing up against the stage. i tried to be respectful, but damn, how am i not supposed to look?

    Hahaha, yes, I am sure you enjoyed the view.



    Good show, girl band ruled, sound was awesome.




  3. #453
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    so checking out a white stripes forum and guess jack played a secret show the other day in l.a.

    someone got a pic of him walking up with a huge stack of cash, supposedly $30,000:



    Walked up to a random girl and handed it to her:





    HOLY SHIT.

  4. #454

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    The show tonight was fuckin amazing. Dear God "Ball and Biscuit" was absurd. Way better than the Wiltern show in May. Jack is truly amazing.

  5. #455
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    so checking out a white stripes forum and guess jack played a secret show the other day in l.a.

    someone got a pic of him walking up with a huge stack of cash, supposedly $30,000:



    Walked up to a random girl and handed it to her:





    HOLY SHIT.
    Crazy

    And yes, he played a show yesterday in boyle heights

    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2544097

  6. #456
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    More like Boil Heights, amirite???

  7. #457
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,438

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Jo mccaughey does some great stuff. Thats great to hear about her photographing each show now and it being online. I guess that started after the Mayan gig it seems. AND you got your money's worth steve

    Jesus I hope the girl actually got that cash... Thats fucking amazing. And yeah, Jack doing "B-shows" has become a part of this tour in a lot of cities. Probably the best day she has ever had.

    And, girl band > guy band for sure. The chemistry they all share with Jack is so special. And the red head who plays keyboards swoon

  8. #458
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.


  9. #459
    Member drummer333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    455

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Tonight was good and everything...but it was no where near as epic as the second night at the Wiltern.

  10. #460
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,662

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Bummed I went on Friday and not Saturday. No Seven Nation Army and the all dude band, really? I would have MUCH preferred the ladies. I wanted to hear Love Interruption!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  11. #461
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,346

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    I ended up not being able to sell my pair for last night and I ended up going. I agree with the assessment between the two. On Friday though, that transition from Dead Leaves -> The Hardest Button rivaled that of Power Out -> Rebellion. Also, the problem with sitting front / center at the Shrine is the sound. The speaker banks are too wide apart with nothing in the center. I felt left out on many of the details I was able to hear at the Wiltern.

  12. #462

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Also, to settle a debate I i had 3rd row dead center balcony seats yesterday and they were great seats. Other than being in maybe the first 10 rows of the Orchestra at the Shrine I would def take the seats I had last night.

  13. #463
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,307

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Maybe he felt bad for her having no tits and hairy arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

  14. #464
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    well shit, then i wish i was there on my crutches with an iv pump attached and drugs pumping into me. i would compete in a pity party for $30,000. that's my sport, man!

  15. #465
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I ended up not being able to sell my pair for last night and I ended up going. I agree with the assessment between the two. On Friday though, that transition from Dead Leaves -> The Hardest Button rivaled that of Power Out -> Rebellion. Also, the problem with sitting front / center at the Shrine is the sound. The speaker banks are too wide apart with nothing in the center. I felt left out on many of the details I was able to hear at the Wiltern.
    yeah, i was right in front of the drums against the stage and had a hard time hearing jack sing for a lot of the show. when he went to sing with the backup singer it was a different story, guess her speaker was set to stage right. although it was great to be right in line with jack's amp and get the actual sound from his little fender that was pointed directly stage right and to feel/hear the drums acoustically.

  16. #466
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Bummed I went on Friday and not Saturday. No Seven Nation Army and the all dude band, really? I would have MUCH preferred the ladies. I wanted to hear Love Interruption!
    when the choice arises i will always go to the second night of a show, always seems to be a better one for some reason.

  17. #467
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    quadruple post, just because.

  18. #468
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    why not 5?

    would like to thank supre for the parking tip, snagged a spot where he mentioned, saved $20.

  19. #469
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Nice. I was suprised there were so many empty spots, ususally those spaces are all gone.





  20. #470
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,662

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    when the choice arises i will always go to the second night of a show, always seems to be a better one for some reason.
    yeah that's usually the case! I picked Friday's show because I thought I may have to be out of town this weekend, but it turns out now I'm going after Labor Day. Oh well! Still had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  21. #471
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,307

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    find it great that before the set starts one of the roadies comes out to announce to people to keep their cameras/phones in their pockets, that they have professional photographers at the show taking pictures that will be posted for download on his site within a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Nice. I was suprised there were so many empty spots, ususally those spaces are all gone.




    Leave it to supre...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

  22. #472
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    i'll admit i took one video, too. mainly because i wanted to show my daughter the drummer killing it since i was just a couple feet away from her. my kid is 6 and took a drum class at school last year and loved it, want to show her the possibilities.

    already talking to my buddy about what stage they will play at coachella, haha.

  23. #473
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    And yeah, Jack doing "B-shows" has become a part of this tour in a lot of cities.
    i kinda feel that was a big part of why meg ended up quitting the tour due to exhaustion or whatever it was on the last stripes tour. all those small side shows the day of the big shows seems like it would really take a toll physically after all the traveling and performing that goes on to begin with.

  24. #474
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,346

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    If 5 hour energy was around a few years back, they'd still be together
    or she was just crazy

  25. #475
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    i could see the demands that jack puts on them causing exhaustion that would drive a person crazy.

  26. #476
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Leave it to supre...
    As nice as it will be to be able to download photos of the show, it's still not my own material. If they really wanted to not have it happen, they shouldve had security make me take my camera back to my car after they had searched me.

  27. #477
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: White. Jack White.


  28. #478
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,107

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    Nice supriset set


    8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  29. #479
    Member MostlyMellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    I never thought I would be so underwhelmed by jack white. It was my first time catching him and it was just not what I expected. Low energy set , not much guitar solos. Im seriously let down

  30. #480
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,099

    Default Re: White. Jack White.

    He busted out a solo John the Revelator. That made me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Similar Threads

  1. Prince vs Jack White
    By zenidogx in forum Polls
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM
  2. The Dead Weather (w Jack White)
    By nsilva1380 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
  3. Jack White?
    By sk8r408 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
  4. Jack White Variations
    By sk8r408 in forum Polls
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 04:44 AM
  5. Jack White and Thom Yorke plan collaboration!
    By BlackSwan in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •