Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official 2009 SF LovEvolution Dance Music Parade/Festival Meet Up

Default Re: Official 2009 SF LovEvolution Dance Music Parade/Festival Meet Up

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    lots more after-parties and pre-parties listed at http://www.sfedm.com
    Nov 27 (Fri) Simian Mobile Disco LIVE Mezzanine TBA electro
    Fuuuuck ya!!!!!!

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

how the heck does nov 27th count as an after party?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    how the heck does nov 27th count as an after party?
    haha.. i think the site is all electro parties in the bay area... I was just stoked that I was reminded about this one in particular.

the deadmau5/fischerspooner/groove armada after party thing is a separate event we have to buy tickets (probably more than $10) for right?

yes. there are 3 phases to this...

first is the parade, which goes all the way down market street and ends at civic center plaza. the floats have djs on them, they move a little down the street and stop for a while, then move further. people follow along. free.

the floats finish up at civic center plaza where they remain on the perimeter of the plaza and people continue to dj all day long. this part was always a suggested donation of $10 in the past, but this year is required $10.

then there is the official afterparty which happens in the civic auditorium from 8 pm to 4 am or so. THAT is the deadmau5/fischerspooner/groove armada after party thing. looks like tickets are up to $67 plus fees.

there are also other after parties at clubs around town, but they don't look so hot this year.

Well fuck, a good friend of mine wants to have their birthday party be Lovefest so now I have to go... How much does the afterparty suck? I am trying to finesse them towards the ATB afterparty at Ruby Skye.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Well fuck, a good friend of mine wants to have their birthday party be Lovefest so now I have to go... How much does the afterparty suck? I am trying to finesse them towards the ATB afterparty at Ruby Skye.
    Last year we went to Benny Benassi at Ruby Sky instead of the official after party. This year's afterparty lineup is 1042342313 times better than last years whos headliners were (if I remember) Kyau Albert and ATB.

I don't know how you feel about massives but I think the lineup for the official after party is way better than whatever else could be going on. Even though I've already seen all these guys already. I, personally, would prefer the vibe at the official afterparty than at snooty ruby skye with a 200 sq ft dance floor, dress code, and overpriced drinks. But it does have something that you probably care about and that is that it is 21+.

Last years afterparty pictures looked great.

Armin Van Buren and Above and Beyond played as well, I am not into trance at all, but I went to the After Party with my roomates and had a great time, everyone we met was cool, not as crowded as usual massives, plus LOTS of lasers. But, it is way over priced.

Ohhh snap, I might have a ride up for this

Shit i may have to go now just to meet blackswan.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Here is the list for each float as of now:

Float: Jewels of Fire
    Producers: Opel Productions & Opulent Temple
    Talent: Lee Coombs, Zodiac Cartel, Syd Gris, Dutch, Cosmic Selector, Melyss, Dex Stakker, Drew Drop, Cosmic Selector, & Dulce Vita

Float: Spundae, Skills & Ruby Skye
    Producers: Spundae, Skills & Ruby Skye
    Talent: Deadmau5; Eddie Halliwell, Fisherspooner, DJ Dan & Donald Glaude; Andy Moor; John OCallaghan, Menno de Jong, Jon o'Bir, Dyloot, Alain Octavo, Gil LA, Bjorn*Nicolas, Fei-Fei, Mars, more tba

Float: Tantra
    Producers: Tantra
    Talent: tba

Float: "...I said the boys & girls are dancing on the float!!"
    Producers: Chemistry LA
    Talent: BA2LA, Jim Carson, Rifat Ziadeh, Michael Younkin, Matt Craycraft, Christian Couture, Dadon & Kurch, Tara Brooks & Karbokane

Float: The 6th Element
    Producers: Groove Quest
    Talent: Atimatik, Travis T, Dj Brian Williams, Billy Cassaza,

Float: Local Love
    Producers: Taj Valdespino
    Talent: taj, dj blurr, ismael rodriguez, lyndsay, kayvan vafa, lexxx & skwallie

Float: Bay Area Drum & Bass
    Producers: BADNB, FSOUND
    Talent: Audio Angel, Aye~n, Ax!oM, Bachelors of Science, Canadub, Colonel MC, Compression, Emcee Child, Grace, Hadji, IN2IT, Kinetik, Mal, Manny Vibes, MC Duh, Method One, No Komply, R3M, Salokin, Sik, Shelter, War//Breaker.

Float: Feel the Beat
    Producers: Freeform/Dubalicious, California Transplant Donor Network
    Talent: Floorcraft, Shooey, Jonboy, Zach Moore, Shissla, dj Cor

Float: Love & Crossbones
    Producers: Strategik SF & Brass Tax
    Talent: J Hazen, Dragn'fly, Influence, Joe Joe, Ernie Trevino, Ding Dong, Jay Vigor, Loryn, Simple Greene, Pirata, ECQ, Schwa

Float: CDR
    Producers: California Dubstep Republic
    Talent: Cotti/Borgone, Matty G/Nick Argon,True Force/D-Program, Bogl, Tommy Lexxus/MC Cstar & Olpek, Dolce Vita/Jeff Taisch, Reclipse, NTRLD, Konfusion, Ivry,Tarzan

Float: Mighty Pink Mammoths
    Producers: Mighty & Pink Mammoth
    Talent: The Martinez Brothers, Derek Hena, Gravity, Jonathan W, Markie B, Moe Moe, Live Percussion by Alex Rojas, Live Vocalist Krystle Jones

Float: Temple of Boom
    Producers: Thursday Night Productions & Odbros
    Talent: DJ Lowteck, DJ Whores, DomEnNate, Hi-5, and SiMo

Float: Listed Gets Ridiculous
    Producers: Listed
    Talent: Lee Burridge, Danny Howells, Craig Richards, Bill Patrick, Hac Le, Mike Khoury, Nikita, Dory, Hoj, Naveen G

Float: The GreenHOUSE effect
    Producers: Pangea Recordings and Green Addict
    Talent: Paul Najera, DJ IDeaL, DJSamer, Thomas Penton, SPEKRFREKS

Float: B33
    Producers: B33 Events / Electro Pop Rocks
    Talent: Ean Golden, MARS, B33SON, Justin Illusion, Digital Paradigm

Float: The Janky Barge
    Producers: TRBL & The Fringe Arts Collective
    Talent: Absurge, Ground_Control, Tim Dietz, Victor Vega, Mycho Cocoa, Mopo, Digital Rust, U9Lift, Porkchop, the Slayers Club (featuring Joe Mousepad), Big $ Bill

Float: Neuro Weapon
    Producers: RebelBassCollective
    Talent: Ana Sia, TdUb, Bass Cadet , Lucky, Timmy, Pork Chop, Micah J

Float: Green Goddess-Temple of Love
    Producers: Temple SF
    Talent: Paul Hemming, Ben Tom, Eric Sharp, Rouzbeh, Jaswho?, Brian Salazar, Soulspin, David Harness, & Gypsy (Live)

Float: HOMOCHIC
    Producers: HOMOCHIC
    Talent: texxx, pee play, kendig, stanley frank, robot hustle, + more tba...

Float: The Triple Crown
    Producers: Triple Crown / Green Gorilla Lounge
    Talent: Dj M3, Solar, Doc Martin, Sticky K, SureFire.Sound, Jeno & Garth, Anthony Mansfield, Galen, Nikola, David Harness, & Stanly

Float: The Red Light District
    Producers: Supperclub and DJ4LIFE
    Talent: Dj Rap, Funkstar Deluxe, Antares, Michael Anthony, John Kobe, Tall Sasha, B.smiley, Zach Moore, Drunken Monkey, Manet, Semora, E-Man, Texxx, Zoe Noa

Float: Greek Gods 2000
    Producers: Robert & Lily Lucchesi - UPG Artist Management, Skander & Sohrab Ebrat - Digital Paradigm, Dartanyon Siu-Smith - Party Life Productions.
    Talent: Filthy Rich, Will Bailey, Digital Paradigm, MC Whiskey Pete, JAK, FX Logik, Diaboli, DJ Conspiracy, Southpaw

Float: Solid Gold Jacuzzi
    Producers: Flavor Group & Om Records
    Talent: LA Riots, Sleazemore, Amp Live, Eric Sharp, Shane King, Swayzee, Nisus, Cocheze, Morale

Float: FREEDOM
    Producer: Dirtyhertz & Matique SF
    Talent: Faarsheed, Dirtyhertz, Chris Garcia, Vahid, Trevor Simpson, Ben Seagren, High Spies, & Soltan
    Here's the float layout at the civic center

"In the beginning there was Jack..." - Whats your after-party recommendation Jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Lee Burridge, Danny Howells: These guys fucking kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

I wanna see as many of you ragin in the streets as I can... it is quite quite fun to get down with 100,000 others in the middle of the day..

so who else is going? shall we plan a time to meet up?

Im going and down for meet up, possibly near the skills/spundae&Ruby Skye stage

I'm down for the skills float... 3ish?

I'll probably fluctuate between bay area dnb, california dubstep republic (matty g reppin' santa cruzzzzz), opulent temple & skills....

oh... and THE FUCKING MUTAYTOR!

Can't miss that, it's wild... : )

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    I'm down for the skills float... 3ish?

I'll probably fluctuate between bay area dnb, california dubstep republic (matty g reppin' santa cruzzzzz), opulent temple & skills....

oh... and THE FUCKING MUTAYTOR!

Can't miss that, it's wild... : )
    Meeting up somewhere outside the parade might be easier.

And Zimmy..............

This.

Float: CDR
    Producers: California Dubstep Republic
    Talent: Cotti/Borgone, Matty G/Nick Argon,True Force/D-Program, Bogl, Tommy Lexxus/MC Cstar & Olpek, Dolce Vita/Jeff Taisch, Reclipse, NTRLD, Konfusion, Ivry,Tarzan

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    And Zimmy..............

This.
    CDR = california dubstep republic

ya silly pants : P

Meeting up somewhere outside the parade might be easier.
    That may be true also. Would be quite difficult to arrange something though...

There is that fountain on market street that the parade goes by... Really easy to spot.

3 pm? what time does the street party die down?

also with the $10 entry, I hope they will have hand stamps to allow in n outs.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    "In the beginning there was Jack..." - Whats your after-party recommendation Jack?
    Probably Slyde & Plaza de Funk at Mighty, may stop by Pendulum at Club 6 too.

What time is everyone planning on getting there? I'm flexible with timetables but me and my gf are going to get some breakfast/lunch before heading over there if anyone wants to plan a meetup for that then we can cruise to the parade afterwards.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 09-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    3 pm? what time does the street party die down?

also with the $10 entry, I hope they will have hand stamps to allow in n outs.
    party gets shut down at 8pm sharp, and that's when most of the biggest headliners are playing.

ins and outs will be allowed. not sure if they're doing stamps, wristbands, or what.

also, technically, bottles and outside alcohol will not be allowed. not sure how well they'll be enforcing all this.

and i've updated the event list at http//www.sfedm.com with a handful more parties for the week.

What time is everyone planning on getting there? I'm flexible with timetables but me and my gf are going to get some breakfast/lunch before heading over there if anyone wants to plan a meetup for that then we can cruise to the parade afterwards.
    there's a diner on market that is fucking delicious. Eaten there many times. Good breakfast food.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    party gets shut down at 8pm sharp, and that's when most of the biggest headliners are playing.

ins and outs will be allowed. not sure if they're doing stamps, wristbands, or what.

also, technically, bottles and outside alcohol will not be allowed. not sure how well they'll be enforcing all this.

and i've updated the event list at http//www.sfedm.com with a handful more parties for the week.
    were they supposed to be inforcing no alcohol last year? : /

I walked in with a 750 ml of jameson and a see through water bottle filled with said jameson and coke...

i didn't see anyone enforcing anything last year.

And they better have wristbands!

They have had stickers for events like lovefest and pride before if you donated... don't know what they're doing since it's required now.

I'll probably wake up in SF... don't know where i'm staying, but that's what i want to do.

Alright... so it sounds like, my plan, is to wake up early and drive from up north to SF so that we get there at least 2 hours in advance, probably be best if we got there by 9-9:30 because there's a parking lot on 8th? street I think two blocks from market... that has $10 parking. no way you're gonna find cheaper for how close that is. Then after we get their we're going to that diner to get down on some good cookin...

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Alright... so it sounds like, my plan, is to wake up early and drive from up north to SF so that we get there at least 2 hours in advance, probably be best if we got there by 9-9:30 because there's a parking lot on 8th? street I think two blocks from market... that has $10 parking. no way you're gonna find cheaper for how close that is. Then after we get their we're going to that diner to get down on some good cookin...
    Plan on having a backup parking location. I wouldn't be surprised if that garage is full. But, then again, you will probably get there early enough that it wouldn't be a problem. I dunno. Just trying to look out for ya