Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2009 SF LovEvolution Dance Music Parade/Festival Meet Up

Default Re: Official 2009 SF LovEvolution Dance Music Parade/Festival Meet Up

I don't know about that. All I remember hearing come out of Coachella this year was "Groove Armada's DJ set was fucking awesome" and a mix of "Chemical Brothers were great/good/pretty boring" so it's not the same across the board.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Ahem...

Thankyou for thoes words of wisdom blackswan, until now i dont think any of us realized that live shows were superior to dj sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

why would you ever want to bring a giant flag poll to a dance party like that?

baffles me... guess i'm not patriotic ...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

dj sets are better than nothing. and what I saw of the groove armada/chemical brothers dj sets at coachella this year kicked some serious ass.

and the flag thing happens a lot at uk festivals. not sure why. sometimes it is just to make your group stand out in crowds so friends can find you or people can identify you on tv. other times who knows. it's common though.

yeah, i've definitely noticed it a lot in videos of festi's over there... I just wouldn't ever go through that hassle.. seems silly, i just wanna dance!

ha, it's definitely beyond ironic that in posting that... in this thread... i waved a flag around at lovefest last year...

but i was beyond fucked up on 12 year jameson... so i threw the flag after 5 minutes of being the monkey for that particular float..

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    don't be misled by the 'afterparty' title. in the case of lovefest the afterparties have bigger names than the event. the actual parade is made up of much smaller djs.
    There are usually some big names that play on the floats too. I usually never catch them cuz the float organizers dont really post set times so you have to be paying close attention. Difficult when your busy partying. They do say who will play their float, you just have to find out when.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I can't name a single person I have seen play on the floats in the two years I have been. not to suggest that's a bad thing. just the nature of the event.

I can't name a single person I have seen play on the floats in the two years I have been. not to suggest that's a bad thing. just the nature of the event.
    donald glaude played a float the whole time 12 - 8

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Booking DJ Sets for European electronic acts who have awesome live shows = Fail
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the afterparty at a club? A live act at a festival= makes sense. A live act at a club? No

I just wanna hear amazing music and dance. Sure it would add to the atmosphere but 75% of the time I won't even be looking at the stage
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the afterparty at a club? A live act at a festival= makes sense. A live act at a club? No

I just wanna hear amazing music and dance. Sure it would add to the atmosphere but 75% of the time I won't even be looking at the stage
    No... it's a venue:

where etd POP used to be before they moved it to the cow palace

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post

again, this afterparty is not like ordinary afterparties. it is more like the main event and the parade/civic center party is like a really long pre-party.

Except for more people go to the parade then to the after party.

yes.

Lovefest/LovEvolution:
    Go 1:30 in for the actual party

After Party:

(pardon the trance)
    edit: and especially pardon the obnoxious girl..

yes.
    I meant that as in the daytime is more of the main event in my opinion. It is way bigger, and majority of the people that attend do not go to the after party.

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    Oh god I cant wait for this. The parade was so much fun last year. I have no idea how I am going to rave for 10+ hours.

And wasn't there kind of a lull between when the parade ended and when the after party began?

Here is the list for each float as of now:

Float: Jewels of Fire
    Producers: Opel Productions & Opulent Temple
    Talent: Lee Coombs, Zodiac Cartel, Syd Gris, Dutch, Cosmic Selector, Melyss, Dex Stakker, Drew Drop, Cosmic Selector, & Dulce Vita

Float: Spundae, Skills & Ruby Skye
    Producers: Spundae, Skills & Ruby Skye
    Talent: Deadmau5; Eddie Halliwell, Fisherspooner, DJ Dan & Donald Glaude; Andy Moor; John OCallaghan, Menno de Jong, Jon o'Bir, Dyloot, Alain Octavo, Gil LA, Bjorn*Nicolas, Fei-Fei, Mars, more tba

Float: Tantra
    Producers: Tantra
    Talent: tba

Float: "...I said the boys & girls are dancing on the float!!"
    Producers: Chemistry LA
    Talent: BA2LA, Jim Carson, Rifat Ziadeh, Michael Younkin, Matt Craycraft, Christian Couture, Dadon & Kurch, Tara Brooks & Karbokane

Float: The 6th Element
    Producers: Groove Quest
    Talent: Atimatik, Travis T, Dj Brian Williams, Billy Cassaza,

Float: Local Love
    Producers: Taj Valdespino
    Talent: taj, dj blurr, ismael rodriguez, lyndsay, kayvan vafa, lexxx & skwallie

Float: Bay Area Drum & Bass
    Producers: BADNB, FSOUND
    Talent: Audio Angel, Aye~n, Ax!oM, Bachelors of Science, Canadub, Colonel MC, Compression, Emcee Child, Grace, Hadji, IN2IT, Kinetik, Mal, Manny Vibes, MC Duh, Method One, No Komply, R3M, Salokin, Sik, Shelter, War//Breaker.

Float: Feel the Beat
    Producers: Freeform/Dubalicious, California Transplant Donor Network
    Talent: Floorcraft, Shooey, Jonboy, Zach Moore, Shissla, dj Cor

Float: Love & Crossbones
    Producers: Strategik SF & Brass Tax
    Talent: J Hazen, Dragn'fly, Influence, Joe Joe, Ernie Trevino, Ding Dong, Jay Vigor, Loryn, Simple Greene, Pirata, ECQ, Schwa

Float: CDR
    Producers: California Dubstep Republic
    Talent: Cotti/Borgone, Matty G/Nick Argon,True Force/D-Program, Bogl, Tommy Lexxus/MC Cstar & Olpek, Dolce Vita/Jeff Taisch, Reclipse, NTRLD, Konfusion, Ivry,Tarzan

Float: Mighty Pink Mammoths
    Producers: Mighty & Pink Mammoth
    Talent: The Martinez Brothers, Derek Hena, Gravity, Jonathan W, Markie B, Moe Moe, Live Percussion by Alex Rojas, Live Vocalist Krystle Jones

Float: Temple of Boom
    Producers: Thursday Night Productions & Odbros
    Talent: DJ Lowteck, DJ Whores, DomEnNate, Hi-5, and SiMo

Float: Listed Gets Ridiculous
    Producers: Listed
    Talent: Lee Burridge, Danny Howells, Craig Richards, Bill Patrick, Hac Le, Mike Khoury, Nikita, Dory, Hoj, Naveen G

Float: The GreenHOUSE effect
    Producers: Pangea Recordings and Green Addict
    Talent: Paul Najera, DJ IDeaL, DJSamer, Thomas Penton, SPEKRFREKS

Float: B33
    Producers: B33 Events / Electro Pop Rocks
    Talent: Ean Golden, MARS, B33SON, Justin Illusion, Digital Paradigm

Float: The Janky Barge
    Producers: TRBL & The Fringe Arts Collective
    Talent: Absurge, Ground_Control, Tim Dietz, Victor Vega, Mycho Cocoa, Mopo, Digital Rust, U9Lift, Porkchop, the Slayers Club (featuring Joe Mousepad), Big $ Bill

Float: Neuro Weapon
    Producers: RebelBassCollective
    Talent: Ana Sia, TdUb, Bass Cadet , Lucky, Timmy, Pork Chop, Micah J

Float: Green Goddess-Temple of Love
    Producers: Temple SF
    Talent: Paul Hemming, Ben Tom, Eric Sharp, Rouzbeh, Jaswho?, Brian Salazar, Soulspin, David Harness, & Gypsy (Live)

Float: HOMOCHIC
    Producers: HOMOCHIC
    Talent: texxx, pee play, kendig, stanley frank, robot hustle, + more tba...

Float: The Triple Crown
    Producers: Triple Crown / Green Gorilla Lounge
    Talent: Dj M3, Solar, Doc Martin, Sticky K, SureFire.Sound, Jeno & Garth, Anthony Mansfield, Galen, Nikola, David Harness, & Stanly

Float: The Red Light District
    Producers: Supperclub and DJ4LIFE
    Talent: Dj Rap, Funkstar Deluxe, Antares, Michael Anthony, John Kobe, Tall Sasha, B.smiley, Zach Moore, Drunken Monkey, Manet, Semora, E-Man, Texxx, Zoe Noa

Float: Greek Gods 2000
    Producers: Robert & Lily Lucchesi - UPG Artist Management, Skander & Sohrab Ebrat - Digital Paradigm, Dartanyon Siu-Smith - Party Life Productions.
    Talent: Filthy Rich, Will Bailey, Digital Paradigm, MC Whiskey Pete, JAK, FX Logik, Diaboli, DJ Conspiracy, Southpaw

Float: Solid Gold Jacuzzi
    Producers: Flavor Group & Om Records
    Talent: LA Riots, Sleazemore, Amp Live, Eric Sharp, Shane King, Swayzee, Nisus, Cocheze, Morale

Float: FREEDOM
    Producer: Dirtyhertz & Matique SF
    Talent: Faarsheed, Dirtyhertz, Chris Garcia, Vahid, Trevor Simpson, Ben Seagren, High Spies, & Soltan

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Oh god I cant wait for this. The parade was so much fun last year. I have no idea how I am going to rave for 10+ hours.
    I have an idea.

I have an idea.
    *wink wink* we are going to need lots of glow.

Let me get this straight. I get to see deadmau5 for $10 in the parade? If so, im so fucking there.

I'm not even sure if that part of the event (the 10$ part) applies to seeing Deadmau5.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

everything egull listed in his "list for each float" post is part of the parade and $10 civic center party that follows it. and deadmau5 is clearly listed on the spundae stage.

however floats give no clue as to who is spinning when or for how long, so it's a stab in the dark if you actually see deadmau5 on the float.

he is also playing the official after party where you will know exactly where & when he plays.

so what are the other afterparties anyway?

everything egull listed in his "list for each float" post is part of the parade and $10 civic center party that follows it. and deadmau5 is clearly listed on the spundae stage.

however floats give no clue as to who is spinning when or for how long, so it's a stab in the dark if you actually see deadmau5 on the float.

he is also playing the official after party where you will know exactly where & when he plays.

I know last year there were a couple other small raves and shows throughout the city afterwards, and during the week, there were a lot of good shows. And are you sure its $10 for the Civic Center, last year I remember it was an optional $10 donation.

yup that's no longer optional. check their official website:

First, because of escalating city fees and the events growth last year, LovEvolution 2009 will require a large increase in all levels of traffic, police, security and medical personnel. This translates into a very large increase in how much money it costs to pull off this special event. As this is a non-profit event with minimal corporate sponsorship, we will be charging a $10 admission to LovEvolution this year in order to pay for the increased staff and other event expenses. We've always asked for a $10 donation but since most people do not give, donations are not sufficient to fund and improve the event. In order to be able to continue the event, we received special permission from the city for a $10 admission plan. This is as close to free as we could make it and at $10 for 250 world class DJs, LovEvolution is still the best bargain for an event of this scale in America. We pay 100% of the costs back to the city, so without this change, we could not have the event.

Damn, oh well, definitely worth $10.

I haven't heard a peep... quite annoying...

check that:

Ruby Skye: atb & Future Memories - $30
    1015: Sharam 4 hour set with local support - $30
    Kelly's Mission Rock: Lee Coombs, Zodaic Cartel, Will Bailey, Syd Gris, Dubstep downstairs & support - $15
    Mighty: Slyde, Plaza De Funk, & support - $20 b4 12...

That's all I've seen so far.. : )

lots more after-parties and pre-parties listed at http://www.sfedm.com