View Poll Results: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you have to ask, you're already too old. Loser.

93 22.20%
  • When you start to feel noticeably older than everyone else.

128 30.55%
  • You're never too old!

198 47.26%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Default Re: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Chrissy, do you live anywhere close to that apt that is falling off the cliff? Well i guess you are close no matter what because Pacifica is so small ...... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

no bus

Started raving back in 92` durin the summer of love in L.A. ...still down to go to a party now-a-days but sometimes feel a lil awkward when i go.....its def not the same of how it used to be.....one of the only good things is that parties now a days dont get busted an hour after you ingested some type of substance then yer left to drive to some after party cuz most these parties now have proper permits....unlike the dirty abandoned warehouse parties of the early - mid 90`s. Dont really venture out to any smaller candy type raves where the headliner is some trance or electro type d.j. headlining....but mostly only certain massives or any dope underground house or techno parties....such as droid behavior...interface i will attend....everyonce and while i still eat some type of psych substance and it sucks when some kid at one them raves wont sell me any cuz they think im a cop just because i look a lil older. sorry for my babbling and stuff but im drinking jager.....: )

no bus

Hope yer house is ok chrissy.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

When you realize at your age how creepy it is to be in the same area as this...

Quote Originally Posted by shakur View Post

I can feel this is going to be a life changing experience already ;P

I started going to outdoor festivals in 1968 when acid rock was big. To my way of thinking the first raves were the "acid tests" back in SF in the
    60's. Went to many outdoor festivals and events (Dead shows and the like). Took a couple of decades off to clean up and have a career. In 2007 went to Coachella with my daughter and her friends and heard Soulwax and my rave journey was on. Missed the early underground rave scene, but have come to like the massive stuff and live electronic events. They are the best thing since Dead shows that I have known. I'm 59 this year and plan to go to TAO and EDC again, I loved Phish 8, and will camp at Coachella again this year.
    Live communal music is my aeroplane, and no one seems to mind a few old tripsters around. You are never too old to trip as long as you aren't trying to be something you really aren't. I came from the "you can't trust anyone over 30" generation, so it is both wonderful and sometimes a bit weird to be at these events with you all, but tolerance is a wonderful thing. And you seem to be a tolerant bunch for the most part (only heard one person tell me to get the f out because I was too old and he seemed to be a bit burned on crank). Dance and let dance, seems to be the right way to go on the age thing.
    The Dude: "He has emotional problems man."
    Walter: "You mean, beyond pacifism?"

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

This obviously isn't old enough.

And what about Techno Viking?
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

really, tall? you're only turning 30, man. would you feel better if we all chipped in for some retin-a and grecian for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    This obviously isn't old enough.

And what about Techno Viking?
    Techno Oma is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Talking Re: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    hahaha is that david letterman!?
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

all of those girls are absolutely terrifying. the two flankers are actually pretty girls, just horribly horribly malnourished.

i dont think youre ever too old to rave. or too fat. its just about the vibe you bring with you, if you feel uncomfortable/anxious being there then maybe its not the place for you.

on that note though i wish the underground parties as well as the massives would enforce 18+ policies. but thats never going to happen....
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post

ROFL! LOVE IT! I'M NEVAH HANGIN' UP THE RAVIN' KICKS! RAVE TIL U DIE!!!!

I remember speaker leeching nights like this... lol

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
    on that note though i wish the underground parties as well as the massives would enforce 18+ policies. but thats never going to happen....
    This is my issue. If 18+ were enforced, I'd say you're never too old rave. But it seems these days there's always a couple of old pervy dudes who are there simply for the kiddies. It creeps me out, and is starting to turn me off of the rave scene.

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    I'm not sure, but this guy was getting down the entire weekend over at Perry's.
    lulz. My friends and I watched that guy for like five minutes. He was all about it.

Last year I saw some fat, old business man wearing a suit dancing his ass off all night at The Labyrinth in Detroit.
    I say as long as you're doing it right and not mackin' on young girls, being weird, etc., you're never too old.

I didn't go to last years edc but I heard there were more than just a couple grandparent types there. I agree with the 18 and over policy though, not only because of what goes down at raves but how are you out at 4 in the morning at 14 years old anyways ? Imo ecstasy is becoming way way too mainstream and it feels like alot of the younger kids are being pressured into doing ecstasy while trying to do whats cool which right now is take ecstasy and go to raves. I've heard stories of local jr high kids getting their hands on ecstasy and that just boggles my mind, because it has to be coming from older siblings and whoever would give their jr high age lil bro/sis ecstasy should be horsewhipped. I guess the question really is now, its 10 am do you know where your teenager is ?

don't get me wrong though, i'm all for extra curriculars such as ills, as long as it is done responsibly and at a responsible age.

a couple of my friends from work go to avalon every weekend. theyre 50+.

As far as the Arizona rave scene is ... seems like it died about 7-8 years ago. late 90's and a little bit into maybe 2002 or so it was pretty good and after that it just shut down. I have checked in on it every once in a while but it seems like there is not a whole hell of a lot going on. Or maybe im just so out of the loop now i just dont know where to get the info. Some of the parties down at the icehouse and before that at the nile were fun as hell. Then it just vanished into the sunset somewhere. sad

you are definitely never too old to rave!
    ......you know I just turned 30 & I get shit all the time from my husband & friends for still wanting to go & I hate it. My husband seems to think we are "too old now." I don't feel that way at all. I always find myself thinking "this is soooo god damn boring" on nights when all of my friends & I get together to go out to eat on one of the "couples dinners" where you just all sit there and make small conversation.........all I can think about is all the fun I COULD be having at a rave/whatever you want to call it---somewhere else! Then I start contemplating what in the hell is wrong with these people?? Some people get weird as they get older....they're no fun. I support the old ravers!

I started going to raves when I was about 14-15... I am 24 now. I used to go a lot when I was 16-19.. I now only go to raves when I am doing lighting/lasers/visuals for them, and when I am there, I feel out of place now. Most of my friends are people that I raved with at one time or another, including my girlfriend (she posts as Beef Jerky) I don't have fun or find them fun anymore however. I don't like the music, and I never really cared for the actual music that was played at raves, but I love electronic music. Most rave music is corny and not that good to be honest. I still go to EDC because they usually have decent line-ups and the production value is way better than any other. I feel like I am probably older than most people there. I think the rave scene has got a lot skankier, the girls are just wearing their underwear now. Most people aren't in it for the music, but I think it's always been like that. I think the people that really like EDM stay in the scene longer than those that just like the drugs.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    a couple of my friends from work go to avalon every weekend. theyre 50+.

Tell them they need to stop.. I always see 50+ year old Koreans rolling balls, and its kind of weird.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    It is actually even bigger then that. When rock and roll first came out, there were very few adults that liked it at all, thus they didn't go to r and r concerts. As the years go by, the age group (s) for r and r music goes up like you said. Now when you go to just about any rock concert you can see people as old as I lol, and geez even older. cr****

It's not the same, take a look at this facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5966237&ref=ts

Most of these people in this group likely do not rave anymore.. The rave scene has been active in LA for 20+ years, and it's rare to see more than 10 people older than 40 at a rave.. If there are, then it's likely some ravers parents. I do know some people that have brought their parents to raves.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

The coolest guy I've ever met at a rave was in his mid 30's. I was also rolling my pants off so this is an extremely biased statement.

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are never too old to rave. When you put a limit on it, that's when you are just limiting yourself. You may not LIKE the raves when you are old, but I know I will be venturing back to taste it again every new decade. Whenever I am at the raves, and see the old ones coming back with a vengeance, I always give them some love, share a dance, let them know they are awesome and welcome. Keep the spirit of freedom of expression alive as long as you can.
    Ahh....just like you did with me @ Gang Gang:-)
    Always wear a helmut

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I guess that's what baffled me at like EDC...The booty shorts and furry boots are HOT...if it's your thing and you wear it well.(I'd love a pair of those leg warmer boots to wear during the winter actually.)I guess I was more concerned about the girls that were barely out of their underoos stage dressing like the Hot Girls and looking...well...underaged, and not sexy in the least.
    I have a pair of purple ones:-)!
    Always wear a helmut

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    When you realize at your age how creepy it is to be in the same area as this...

I think they look cute and not creepy at all. At least they're wearing skirts.
    Always wear a helmut

The underage girls ruined it for me too. I started feeling out of place in my early twenties. The thought of going now at 30 is absurd to me.