View Poll Results: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you have to ask, you're already too old. Loser.

93 22.20%
  • When you start to feel noticeably older than everyone else.

128 30.55%
  • You're never too old!

198 47.26%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Hey gang, go to the default thread and help me plz ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post

I think Pot misread the question as to how old you like your ravers...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

This brings up an interesting topic. Traditionally raves attracted a younger aspect of counter culture.

Although....as the decades are moving forward...so are the ravers.

I believe this is an ever changing question. 40 years ago we didn't have raves. In 40 we will have raves.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Plurasaurus X and Velociraver needs to happen in 2010 like Dolphin and Reggie the Shark happened this year.

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    I'm not sure, but this guy was getting down the entire weekend over at Perry's.
    This guy is off the chain...

I think the better question is when are you too young?

I did the rave scene in the early 90's too, and it was the "babies" on drugs that creeped me out more than the old ravers.

Quote Originally Posted by slurpee View Post
    This brings up an interesting topic. Traditionally raves attracted a younger aspect of counter culture.

Although....as the decades are moving forward...so are the ravers.

I believe this is an ever changing question. 40 years ago we didn't have raves. In 40 we will have raves.
    It is actually even bigger then that. When rock and roll first came out, there were very few adults that liked it at all, thus they didn't go to r and r concerts. As the years go by, the age group (s) for r and r music goes up like you said. Now when you go to just about any rock concert you can see people as old as I lol, and geez even older. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Could not have said it better. Raves were secret events, word of mouth, sometimes by invitation only, not the raves of today that are more like a one day music fest. Matter of fact skylab is here in a week or so and electric carnival was just here also. cr****
    While I was rocking at concerts years ago, raves were a big thing out here in the desert...way out in the desert! Whether it was secret and invitation only, or word of mouth, I wish I'd known back then what I know now about the music cuz I would have probably been there! Just imagine the wide open desert with 100's of people dancing under the stars with the music pumping, and no one there to stop or put limits on them...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I think the better question is when are you too young?

I did the rave scene in the early 90's too, and it was the "babies" on drugs that creeped me out more than the old ravers.
    No kidding. I understand the reason behind the pacifier thing, but geez, must it be a pacifier? It makes it hard to understand the scene when you've got 18 yr old dudes running around with pacifiers and 16 yr old girls running around in Underoos and garter belts.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Plurasaurus X and Velociraver needs to happen in 2010 like Dolphin and Reggie the Shark happened this year.
    Already working on it. We also have SAHARAsaurus, and GLOWceratops to add to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Feather, since you are our Rave Princess here on the board, I'll ask you your opinion or take on the rave fashion attire...I love the statement you make with your rave outfits...The bracelets of friendship, the glitter, the lashes, and most notably, the glow. What do you think about the girls running around in their Underoos and garters? What are they trying to say? Always curious about this...

Already working on it. We also have SAHARAsaurus, and GLOWceratops to add to the list.
    Feather, you will like this (maybe I was ahead of my time hehehe) ... I was in the Air Force, 18 years old, and in my room in the barricks I had a six foot T Rex that was painted day glo and of course I had black lights all over. It was a store bought one made out of Styrofoam that was just the skeleton. I also had a voice activated thingy that when you opened my door he would growl. It lasted for a while till my new Sgt. didn't think it was very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    What do you think about the girls running around in their Underoos and garters? What are they trying to say? Always curious about this...
    I say to each his own. I'm not going to tell people how to dress, or judge, it's all up to them how they want to express themselves. Even if it is a cry for everyone to look at them. I prefer the more imaginative, inspired, interesting forms of costumes and accessories. I'm not a booty shorts and pasties girl, I never will be. That's the rave scene though, you wear whatever the hell you want and get down. I think we all wear certain things the other never would have thought of, or have the guts to. That's another thing I love.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Feather, you will like this (maybe I was ahead of my time hehehe) ... I was in the Air Force, 18 years old, and in my room in the barricks I had a six foot T Rex that was painted day glo and of course I had black lights all over. It was a store bought one made out of Styrofoam that was just the skeleton. I also had a voice activated thingy that when you opened my door he would growl. It lasted for a while till my new Sgt. didn't think it was very cool.
    Ron you never cease to amaze me I still can't get over your BIG OWLS restaurant!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Never, because once you put a limit on raves, you put a limit on Coachella, I'm gonna be the dad taking his son/daughter to shows until I'm not cool enough for he/or she...

Do I need to pull out the EDC photo I took...

Grandparents getting down for Tortured Soul...

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Another question to start asking yourself is at what fat are you too fat to be at a rave.
    I still have more research to do on the subject, I will get back to you on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    I'm not sure, but this guy was getting down the entire weekend over at Perry's.
    LOL that was during A-Track right?
    i remember him

btw im loving the grandparents at EDC
    i wish i met them!!!!
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 08-12-2009 at 08:57 PM.

The old guy looks like Huell Howser.

life is way too short to set such limits on oneself!!.. my rule of thumb is as long as you can rave safely then by all means live it up..

that being said, i dont think kids younger than 18 should be taking ecstacy/acid/ketamine because 1- that's probably the most formable time in one's life in terms of physical/mental capacity (i.e. not a good time to do hard drugs) and 2- they should be concentrating on school, not raving..

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    What do you think about the girls running around in their Underoos and garters? What are they trying to say? Always curious about this...
    They're trying to say they're hookers. Is this really complicated? Raving is all about fucking skeevy old dudes in dark corners and then going home to cry in Mommy's shower because you're an underage hooker.

I say to each his own. I'm not going to tell people how to dress, or judge, it's all up to them how they want to express themselves. Even if it is a cry for everyone to look at them. I prefer the more imaginative, inspired, interesting forms of costumes and accessories. I'm not a booty shorts and pasties girl, I never will be. That's the rave scene though, you wear whatever the hell you want and get down. I think we all wear certain things the other never would have thought of, or have the guts to. That's another thing I love.
    Ron you never cease to amaze me I still can't get over your BIG OWLS restaurant!!!
    I guess that's what baffled me at like EDC...The booty shorts and furry boots are HOT...if it's your thing and you wear it well.(I'd love a pair of those leg warmer boots to wear during the winter actually.)I guess I was more concerned about the girls that were barely out of their underoos stage dressing like the Hot Girls and looking...well...underaged, and not sexy in the least.

Coachella Junkie

H.O.O.K.E.R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post

btw im loving the grandparents at EDC
    i wish i met them!!!!
    Their son was the promotion and sales dude of Tortured Soul, they looked so out of place but still had fun walking around looking at all the fucked up kids...

There was a time when everyone was older, now, just as everything else, it's been handed down to the younglings in an attempt to mimic it's heyday.

Enjoy.

Morale of the story: Raves are old.

your never too old to rave.
    just dont over do it with the attire.
    I Wouldnt Be Out Here, Alone Tonight.

Only the young are allowed to overdo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

After all the raves I have been to, I am glad that I did not start raving at a super young age. Im glad I was not rolling at that age, I feel like I can appreciate all the love and PLUR more.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    After all the raves I have been to, I am glad that I did not start raving at a super young age. Im glad I was not rolling at that age, I feel like I can appreciate all the love and PLUR more.
    Personally I'm glad I was able to get in a couple years of the actual good age of the rave scene before 2000 came along and everything turned to dogshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

PC-2 avies just jacked me up...I thought I was reading an IVY comment...

I started in my early twenties back in the begining days (early 90's) and plan to keep rock'n it like DJ Harvey well beyond my sixties...it really comes down to the appreciation and soul of the music and the release those beats create amongst us individually...the release of positive energy...I love going to oldschool reunion parties and seeing how hyped everyone gets without drugs and all the stimulation is created on the basis of the music and the syc seamless mix and skill of the dj!!!