View Poll Results: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you have to ask, you're already too old. Loser.

93 22.20%
  • When you start to feel noticeably older than everyone else.

128 30.55%
  • You're never too old!

198 47.26%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

Default At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

As someone whose 30th birthday darkly approaches, I figured it'd be fun to get people's opinions on a very important and serious matter:

At what age is it time to hang up the glowsticks?

A: If you have to ask, you're already too old. Loser.
    B: When you start to feel noticeably older than everyone else.
    C: You're never too old!

12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Default Re: At what age are you too old to be at a rave?

I'm not sure, but this guy was getting down the entire weekend over at Perry's.

I hope when I am that old maybe I too could have those awesome dance moves.

and you're never too old to rave! Just don't hurt your self doing it, and try not to dance on girls that are a lot younger than you haha..

as long as you're not a perv, its cool.

older by the year, younger by the day

I'm sorry, but you are never too old to rave. When you put a limit on it, that's when you are just limiting yourself. You may not LIKE the raves when you are old, but I know I will be venturing back to taste it again every new decade. Whenever I am at the raves, and see the old ones coming back with a vengeance, I always give them some love, share a dance, let them know they are awesome and welcome. Keep the spirit of freedom of expression alive as long as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

The late 1950s in London saw the term "rave" used to describe the "wild bohemian parties" of the Soho beatnik underground.[4] The word was later used in the burgeoning mod youth culture of the early 1960s as the way to describe any wild party in general. A variation of the term was "rave-up" (chiefly British) - a term popularized by the band The Yardbirds.[5] People who were gregarious party animals were described as "ravers". Pop musicians such as Keith Moon of The Who and Steve Marriott of The Small Faces and Clare Willans were self-described "ravers".
    The music may change, but the principle is the same.

You're never too old to be at a rave if you're into music. Wearing that candy shit-well that's just a different question.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Well being as my first time was at age 36 I think I may have a few more good years in me. At first I felt a little out of place considering there were girls younger then my daughter wearing their underwear. But after a few drugs I forgot that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

No one post of picture of me or else I will send the Rave cops to your house ...xr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

After seeing pictures of TallGuy, I'd say whatever age he is is the cutoff point.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    After seeing pictures of TallGuy, I'd say whatever age he is is the cutoff point.
    See that? That's what I'm looking for! The hard truth! Thanks, Randy. I take back what I said about you earlier. And what I'll probably say about you in the future.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

As someone whose 30th birthday darkly approaches ??????????
    WTF??? Darkly approaches @30??? Age is but a number,TallGuy! Granted, as the number gets higher, shit begins to lower, but as long as your attitude is still up and your mind is still open, the lights turning dark only means the show is about to begin!

Ironically, the show doesn't end until the music stops...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    See that? That's what I'm looking for! The hard truth! Thanks, Randy. I take back what I said about you earlier. And what I'll probably say about you in the future.
    What a welcome relief! This means we only have to put up with Randy avoiding meetups in less than 3 more years! Woo-hoo!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Another question to start asking yourself is at what fat are you too fat to be at a rave.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I, myself, have never had to ask the fat question, but honestly, just because wearing your underwear to rave in seems cool, doesn't mean everybody should try to be cool...(Some ravers I've seen really need to consider long underwear!)

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Another question to start asking yourself is at what fat are you too fat to be at a rave.
    Ha, here we go again. As long as there's beer served at raves, there will always be fat people!

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Ha, here we go again. As long as there's beer served at raves, there will always be fat people!
    But, real ravers know that as long as there's "E" to go with the beer, they'll be able to dance the fat off!

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    But, real ravers know that as long as there's "E" to go with the beer, they'll be able to dance the fat off!
    real ravers know that beer was rarely served at real raves
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    real ravers know that beer was rarely served at real raves
    I don't consider myself a "real raver" but back when I was going to raves, there was illegal beer if it was a secret rave, but when they went to advertised raves, I know you are right. Most of the crowd was under 21 and fucked up on drugs anyway, so no one much cared if there was anything to drink anyway. cr****

I don't consider myself a "real raver" either, I just happened to go to a lot of rave events in the early 90's ...raves were incredibly fun and always felt slightly dangerous and mysterious with the whole underground vibe. The concept of the "rave" has become diluted now that everyone thinks that because an event is electronic music oriented, that it is a rave. Of course huge massives can still be incredibly fun, but it is way different than what an actual rave was.
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I don't consider myself a "real raver" either, I just happened to go to a lot of rave events in the early 90's ...raves were incredibly fun and always felt slightly dangerous and mysterious with the whole underground vibe. The concept of the "rave" has become diluted now that everyone thinks that because an event is electronic music oriented, that it is a rave. Of course huge massives can still be incredibly fun, but it is way different than what an actual rave was.
    Could not have said it better. Raves were secret events, word of mouth, sometimes by invitation only, not the raves of today that are more like a one day music fest. Matter of fact skylab is here in a week or so and electric carnival was just here also. cr****

Yeah my first quasi-rave experience was at the first EDC in 2000 up in Tulare. Probably nothing like the scene in the early 90's, but fun nonetheless.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Yeah my first quasi-rave experience was at the first EDC in 2000 up in Tulare. Probably nothing like the scene in the early 90's, but fun nonetheless.
    I don't mean to sound snobby and imply that these events aren't fun, because they absolutely can be. It's just that a huge electronic music concert at the Sports Arena or the LA Colosseum is vastly different than an actual rave.
    '99-'11...

I am agreeing with both of you also. EDM and the like are great fun. It’s a little like having a beer when you are 17 or having one when you are legal. The same effect happens, but the underage beer is just a bit “sweeter”.
    So tallguy, IMO, you have a lot of raves left in you and you won't feel out of place

Cr****

I remember being stopped by the police on the way back from Coachella 99, and the officer said they are stopping a lot of cars because of the "rave" in California. We didn't think of Coachella as a rave, but if it WAS, hen that was my first rave.

I've only been to one Nocturnal Wonderland a few years ago and a local Easter Moon thing with Rabbit in the Moon, and that's it. In the 90's I was too shy and socially disconnected to go to raves. And I didn't do drugs or care a lot about trance music.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I remember being stopped by the police on the way back from Coachella 99, and the officer said they are stopping a lot of cars because of the "rave" in California. We didn't think of Coachella as a rave, but if it WAS, hen that was my first rave.

I've only been to one Nocturnal Wonderland a few years ago and a local Easter Moon thing with Rabbit in the Moon, and that's it. In the 90's I was too shy and socially disconnected to go to raves. And I didn't do drugs or care a lot about trance music.
    I think Rabbit itM is the main act for Skylab. You know, I guess I will die being a coachella junky with no name of my own .... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are never too old to rave. When you put a limit on it, that's when you are just limiting yourself. You may not LIKE the raves when you are old, but I know I will be venturing back to taste it again every new decade. Whenever I am at the raves, and see the old ones coming back with a vengeance, I always give them some love, share a dance, let them know they are awesome and welcome. Keep the spirit of freedom of expression alive as long as you can.
    I will never stop raving. They will find a fossilized glowstick next to the PLURasaurus bones.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I will never stop raving. They will find a fossilized glowstick next to the PLURasaurus bones.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Haha. I can't resist dinosaur puns.

Banned

old ravers are filled with win.