Thread: Articles 2.0

Default Re: Articles 2.0

Banned

you bet ur sweet ass.

From Yahoo:

Well, as we all know by now, last week the judge threw the book at part-time pop star Paris Hilton..... when the judge refused to let Elliot take the fall, the harebrained heiress changed her strategy...and asked her fans to sign a petition urging California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her because she provides "beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives"
    I sure am glad Paris is around to spice up my otherwise mundane existence.

If anyone starts up a petition to Schwarzenegger to urge him to consider capital punishment for Paris, I'll sign. Let me know.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Man in underwear wrestles leopard out of bed

Du Mosch's pet cat was in the bed with him at the time, along with his young daughter who had been frightened by a mosquito in her own room.
    Imagine how traumatized this girl must be after freaking out about just a mosquito.

there is nothing special about this article. I just post it because it is yet another example of why I hate the Arizona Republic so much.

note: the headline says the exact opposite of what the story says. It's like the page editor is either too stupid or too lazy to comprehend what a simple 5-sentence article says.

Smoker stabbed in throat after refusing to move
    Becky Bartkowski
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 5, 2007 09:48 AM

An argument about smoking in front of a bar led to a man being stabbed in the throat with a pocketknife on the 4100 block of East McDowell Road early Tuesday morning.

The victim asked 40-year-old Isman Warsame not to smoke near a doorway of Wander Inn Bar and the two argued, according to Phoenix Police documents.

Warsame then took out a pocketknife and stabbed the victim's throat, according to those documents. The victim is in serious but stable condition.

Police are searching for Warsame, who authorities believe fled the scene, according to Phoenix Police documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

So the smoker was the stabber? Oh man. That is seriously poor editing. I used to subscribe to the Republic back in 2000, but I never had enough time to read the whole thing, and my god, all that paper garbage. And of course the writing is shit. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

This is great news!!
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Banned

Do you make more than the neighborhood meth man

http://nymag.com/news/features/2007/profit/?feed=rss

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    This is great news!!
    Not that great:

"This is really dangerous. We would never transplant these into a patient," says Jaenisch. In his view, research into embryonic stem cells made by cloning remains "absolutely essential".
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Banned

LOL. Tom would have a emo facebook page.

ahahahahahahhahaa that's funny. but she's right only creepy adults like ken do that shit.

I liked this part the best:

“I can’t really comment on your family dynamics,” said Brandee Barker, a Facebook spokeswoman. “But I can say that more than 50 percent of Facebook users are outside of college now. As our original demographic gets older, we want to be able to include their social networks.”

“Maybe I should lay off my daughter,” I said.

“Facebook is all about being a reflection of real-world relationships,” she said. “The same thing you’re experiencing with your daughter online is a reflection of how you’re not a part of her social network in real life.”

“I thought you weren’t going to comment on my family dynamics,” I said.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Not that great:
    This work is in its initial stages, not only does it make it easier for one to investigate what makes an embryonic stem cell an embryonic stem cell it also allows one to bypass the ban on embryonic stem cell research that is currently being upheld in the U.S. If the law is not overturned, this method of studying embryonic stem cells will be key if the U.S. wants to keep up with the rest of the world in this field.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

yes but the research is not just for research's sake, right? I mean eventually we'll want to be able to apply what we wll have learned. And to do that we're back to the egg/embryo roadblock. at least for now.

you're the expert, have I understood that right?

You are exactly right, I am counting on the "roadblock" to be lifted. However, in order to keep up with the rest of the world, until the ban is lifted, these de-differentiated cells provide a novel tool for embryonic stem cell research in the U.S. I am hardly an expert, but, with more work done on these cells and understanding what causes them to go back to their (semi)pluripotent state I see no reason why they could not have the same potential as cells taken directly from an embryo.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

HOW MAINSTREAM IS YOUR MUSIC

http://mainstream.vincentahrend.com/user/
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/11/tee...ase/index.html

I think they could have been more, um, careful in writing the headline.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    HOW MAINSTREAM IS YOUR MUSIC

http://mainstream.vincentahrend.com/user/
    I am still hugely confused by that site. I'm not sure I understand the skewed bell curve they show. And various other mitigating factors.

Also I hover around 15%.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Off subject, but I just read Cat's Cradle, and realized where your name comes from, John. Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Haha, nice, Bryan. I hope it wasn't too scary, coming across my name in a book like that.

Yesterday I read a review of Boxer which mentioned Alligator as being like "Williard Grant Conspiracy gone post-punk." At the time I laughed at this (and other, more ridiculous statements) but I'm listening to Flying Low this morning and I kinda hear where they're coming from.

The voice is a little more gravely but it's still mellow and lazy. The music has a little more old time country roughness to it but there's no twang. The strings and such are there, too. Also I love both bands.

I know this is a little worthless without linking the review (which was no longer than this post) but whatev.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I predict a huge increase in people saying things like "who gaybombed this party?". This is terrible news for witty banter.

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Hmmm. Good/Acceptable. Although that video still is disturbing.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21/six...ent/index.html

Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags in Kentucky

(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

An unidentified witness told CNN affiliate WLKY she saw a cable on the ride snap.

"The people on the ride just came and hit the ground," she said. "When I got up there, the lady she was just sitting there, and she didn't have no legs. ... And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."

"That could have been all of us -- riding that ride," witness Whitney Sandfer told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO.

The incident took place shortly before 5 p.m. ET, according to Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg. The park remained open, but the ride in question was shut down and will remain so until the full investigation is complete, Goldberg said.

During the ride, passengers are lifted to 177 feet, suspended momentarily and then dropped, according to the park's Web site.

Passengers drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," it adds.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," Stinnett said.

The ride was introduced in 1995.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21/six...ent/index.html

Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags in Kentucky

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.
    Frankly, I need to hear someone pronounce "pwchh," because I just can't make it work in my head. Having grown up in Southwestern Ohio, though, it's nice to be able to hear the rest of the quote in that distinctive Kentucky accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD