Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Articles 2.0

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Articles 2.0

people are fucking retarded

http://movies.ign.com/articles/119/1199189p1.html

Woman Sues Over Drive Trailer

Lawsuit claims she was promised Fast & Furious but got art.
    October 8, 2011

A Michigan woman so disliked the critically acclaimed Drive that she has filed suit against distributor FilmDistrict over feeling misled about what movie she claims the trailer had promised her.

According to The Hollywood Reporter (via WDIV-TV), Sarah Deming's suit claims FilmDistrict "promoted the film Drive as very similar to the Fast and Furious, or similar, series of movies." Instead, she got an artsy drama with some action in it.

Furthermore, the lawsuit claims "Drive bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture. ... Drive was a motion picture that substantially contained extreme gratuitous defamatory dehumanizing racism directed against members of the Jewish faith, and thereby promoted criminal violence against members of the Jewish faith."

But that's not all. She also wants a refund for her movie ticket and wants her case to lead to a class-action lawsuit against Hollywood to halt the making of "misleading movie trailers."
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Sarah Deming is a hero.

The Hipsterfication Of America via NPR.

What's lol worthy is that the pic below is from Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

That article name-dropped the Bikini Lounge in Phoenix. lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Fascinating. I wonder what parasites are spread by polo ponies.

How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy

Jaroslav Flegr is no kook. And yet, for years, he suspected his mind had been taken over by parasites that had invaded his brain. So the prolific biologist took his science-fiction hunch into the lab. What he’s now discovering will startle you. Could tiny organisms carried by house cats be creeping into our brains, causing everything from car wrecks to schizophrenia? A biologist’s science-fiction hunch is gaining credence and shaping the emerging science of mind-controlling parasites.

Is anybody else following this ridiculous Samantha Brick thing? I thought it was an April Fool's joke at first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...hes-right.html

So silly. I find the alleged difference between American culture and British culture intetesting
    Although she would do well to note that Los Angeles is hardly representative of the rest of the US.

That's a whole lot of forehead for the most dazzling girl in the hemisphere.

I actually feel sort of bad for her. There's very definitely something incorrect with her insides.

The Daily Mail is one of the very worst of a bad lot of tabloids, and you can glean some insight into their practices from the following -

http://thecollectivereview.com/anna-...selves-up.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    That's a whole lot of forehead for the most dazzling girl in the hemisphere.

I actually feel sort of bad for her. There's very definitely something incorrect with her insides.
    One might construe this reaction as ultimately theraputic for this woman. Her startling lack of humility might be pathological, but what if it isn't? She probably needs to be taken down a peg or two in order to have some genuine relationships with others. Even before this her ridiculous rant I suspect most of her friendships were fake in the first place.

It always surprises me what passes for pretty in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Samantha Brick is on the Today Show this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It always surprises me what passes for pretty in England.
    Luckily they're also known for things like this

ahahahahahahahhahahaha

Just last November a woman I've never met stopped me outside a supermarket to give me a poppy.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Hadley Freeman is better looking than Samantha Brick.

Ever wonder if a right wing columnist could write something so insanely politically incorrect that even National Review would fire them on the spot for writing it? Behold:

http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_...#axzz1rQKb5Zkg
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

http://www.webpronews.com/human-fles...-korea-2012-05

According The Associated Press, South Korean authorities have seized thousands of tiny capsules containing the powdered flesh of dead babies that many believe can cure a wide variety of diseases. The pills were apparently manufactured in China using a process that involves chopping the small corpses into pieces and drying them out on a stove.
    What the fucking fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Posting because it's almost exactly like a Simpsons episode, without a sea captain as owner, I presume.

I believe this a picture of him being thrown out

Last edited by buddy; 05-16-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Lauren Odes, Former Native Intimates Employee, Claims She Was Fired Over 'Too Hot' Appearance
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1535498.html
    Lauren Odes, a data entry professional, claims she was fired because she was too busty and dressed too provocatively for her Orthodox Jewish employers at wholesale lingerie company Native Intimates.

According to Reuters, which attended Odes' press conference on Monday, her Native Intimates managers warned Odes that her appearance was too racy, suggesting that she tape her breasts down to make them look smaller and wear a "humiliating" red bathrobe over her clothing.

But Odes contends that her clothing alone was not the issue. "When I first started working there, I asked what the dress code was, and I was just told to look around and see what everyone else was wearing," she said at the press conference. "So I did. The dress was very casual athletic wear to business attire."

But even when wearing a simple tee-shirt and jeggings, her busty shape was allegedly unacceptable to her Native Intimates supervisors, who deemed her figure "distracting." Even after Odes agreed to purchase a long sweater to cover up, management fired the 29-year-old blonde. Odes' employers reportedly told her, "You are just too hot for this office."

Now Odes, with the help of Gloria Allred, has filed a gender and religious discrimination complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in New York.

Said Allred at yesterday's press conference, "No woman should be told that her breasts are too large, her body too appealing and her appearance too attractive for the male leadership of that company,” according to the New York Post.

You may recall that Allred also represented Debrahlee Lorenzana, who claimed that a New York City branch of Citibank fired her because her figure and wardrobe were "too distracting" to her coworkers.

At this point in time, Native Intimates has made no public comment regarding Odes' claims.

last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Not mentioned in the article: Native Intimates sells lingerie. Thong underwear.

Yes, which is something that immediately jumped out at me. Silly Orthodox Jews.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Nothing is quite as sensual as satin sheets. And now, in the Satin Sheets Thong by Native Intimates, you have a touch of luxury that you can take with you everywhere! This low-rise thong sits well below the hips, and hides under even your lowest rise fashions. Made from sumptuous stretch satin, this item is trimmed with luxurious black lace, which overlays twinkling rhinestone diamonds at the hips. Two accent buttons are a sweet decorative touch.

This is a great garment to choose when you are looking for minimal coverage for the rear. The back of this thong is fabricated from super sheer mesh. The leg openings are covered in elastic for a custom fit that won’t dig in. This piece finishes with a cotton gusset for your comfort. If you love the feel and luxury of satin at home, you’ll love sensual style of the Satin Sheets Thong by Native Intimates.
    http://www.hourglassangel.com/satin-...tive-intimates

Maybe she should look to Christina Hendricks on what to wear, not her fellow employees.

I'll give her something to wear.

A pearl necklace, right?

Oh, amy.

I'm hoping all this media attention leads to her doing some magazine photo shoots.
    last.fm

I get the gender discrimination complaint, but where does religion come into play in their lawsuit?
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.